“Lovely breakfast!”

Ranked #36 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Wales
“Lovely breakfast!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We popped into The Savoy for breakfast on two mornings last week and were greeted by a very nice French gentleman on the reception desk. We enjoyed two breakfasts served by very pleasant and helpful staff - the food was everything we could have asked for, and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Thank you!

2 Thank KathleenWales
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for writing such a positive review on trip advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfast with us and enjoyed our French touch and courteous staff.

And who knows, we might welcome you for a couple of nights stay in the future.

Sincerlely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

just returned from a nice four day break

hotel and room excellent went for the upgrade well worth the money

only real observation would be that breakfast could ber organised slightly differently to allow a quick turn around of table

air extraction or air circulation in the resturant would be a help found it hot and uncomfortable at meal times

otherwise food excellent staff very good

2 Thank srwhit1962
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you for your kind words.

We value your comments and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the issue with breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards
Berkeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Enjoyed our stay amidst a much older group of people than we are normally with. The hotel staff were excellent - efficient and friendly with smiling faces. Waitress was particularly good in advising me with the menu as I suffer from milk intolerances.
Well done Shearings, we will return to this excellent location again but not on the top floor. The lift was extremely small and many stairs to climb in hot weather.

Room Tip: Although higher floors are quieter we stayed during a very hot period and the room was stuffy and ho...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sandra s
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Savoy hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the location. Your comments will be shared with our team.

I am hoping to welcome you back soon

Regards
leics
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A very nice hotel.Excellent staff and good food as we have always found in Shearings group hotels.We had a rear facing view with no sea view but that was what we paid for.The room however was a good size and very comfortable.
Public rooms super as was the dinning room.

Sheltered swimming pool with comfortable recliners and nice grounds with putting green and crochet if you wanted it.
Location was super

Parking was awful. It was possible to prebook a space at a price but we were unable to do this as they were all taken. This then involved finding a parking place in the street or as the staff pointed out maybe across the road at the Travelodge !! Ok Eventually we were able to get a spot in the street but it caused a lot of stress.

We know these are hotels predominately used by shearings coaches but it seemed to me that guests at the hotel at this time were mainly self drive.The shearings management need to address this issue and come up with a plan which enables people to park without any worry.

Having said all that we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay for sea view and upper floor if staying for more than a week end
2 Thank GoldenoldiesLeics
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at the Savoy Hotel and that you enjoyed your large and comfortable room.

I am really sorry if you did not find our car park adequate but I would recommend in the future that you reserve a car parking space at the time of the booking. Many hotels in Bournemouth are charging for parking facilities, five pounds per day for peace of mind is not bad I believe.

At the Savoy hotel, we strive to provide superior levels of service to all guests, therefore your feedback is very important to us and we thank you for your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

dorney in uk
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were not disappointed with our return visit. The hotel is still very comfortable and clean and the food is excellent. Your staff are great and very helpful at all times. Our maid made me hot chocolate when she found me in bed not feeling well. Thank you again for a lovely 7 days. We will return .

Room Tip: ground floor
1 Thank janbrench
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us. Our goal is to always exceed our guests expectation and we thank you for taking the time to share your story. Your comments will be shared with our team as this feedback will certainly serve as an encouragement to all staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon at the Savoy Hotel.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend with family and booked 4 rooms at short notice, 2 garden rooms and 2 standard.The garden rooms are worth the supplement. I had booked 2 welcome gift packs but only one was supplied in the room on arrival. This was rectified when queried. The view from the room was good, the pool was cold. The food was OK but didn't expect great food for the price. The parking situation in and around the hotel was poor but this didn't bother us as we travelled by train. The staff were generally good but meal service was sometimes slow. All in all though it was a good stay and enjoyed by us.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are worth the extra.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HantsShazam
johnwtaylor, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Savoy Hotel.

I am sorry for the confusion regarding the celebration pack however i am glad to hear that it sorted straight away.

I look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

After a swift, efficient check-in my wife and I explored the area and found the hotels best feature, its location. It's practically adjacent to the beach via a zig, zag path. The hotel staff are most pleasant and courteous at all times. I wish I had caught the receptionist's name who deserves particular mention. Upon asking where to source a local chinese I was given a few options. When in my room I received a further call where the lady must have given further thought on the query.
The hotel was spotless throughout.
The hotel breakfast was of a very good standard with a fantastic choice available with cooked breakfasts made to order.
I only give the hotel an average rating due to my only complaint, in my view a serious issue when staying in a hotel.
We checked into room no.112, again clean throughout and what I thought to be suitable for our stay. I think I might have achieved possibly two hours, broken sleep due to the quality of the mattress. One could put one's hand with little pressure required to the bottom. Every spring is apparent and when one lies on the mattress it gives absolutely no support whatsoever. Albeit I'm 14 stone, but certainly when the hotel focuses on the more senior customer this matter must be addressed to avoid further discomfort in the future.
My wife and I went for a walk at 06.00 hrs as we simply couldn't spend anymore time in the room.
Not one to complain, we merely asked was there an upgrade available where I duly paid an addtional £50 without quibble purely for the pleasure of being able to sleep.
Our new room, no.6 was of a high standard and has clearly been refurbished as of late. The mattress was more than sufficent for the task in hand.
I trust the hotel will take heed of my advice to save further issue and the need to upgrade unnecessarily.
Kind regards Mr Cotter

2 Thank Eddie C
Dear Eddie,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your holidays with us, Your feedback is very important to us and I also regret that you did not enjoy the mattress provided. We have had many excellent comments in previous reviews however if this was not the case, I do apologise.

Thank you very much for your good words.