“Never fails to deliver a good experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hermitage Hotel Bournemouth

The Hermitage Hotel Bournemouth
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Bournemouth
Wales, United Kingdom
“Never fails to deliver a good experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hi Everyone,

We have been staying at this hotel for over 10 years. During that time our family has grown from 1 to 3 children and the care we get each year has been excellent. We (especially me as I am a foodie) really look forward to our dinner and breakfast experiences and the occasional Hermitage Tea! We have visited other hotels in Bournemouth but we never end up booking them as we never feel the same. The staff are all very friendly and professional making this positive review easy to write. The added bonus of this great hotel is the location, you will not find a better one. Just walk out the door and you are a couple of minutes away from a great park with lots of summer activities or in the other direction the fabulous beach with its long shoreline and family-friendly short walk to a dip in the cool, often summer sun drenched sea. Stay and enjoy the delights of the Hermitage Hotel and everything Bournemouth has to offer!

Room Tip: Depends on your family size. We get a great room with the 2 youngest in with us in their own single...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Booked for a 2 night stay with my wife and 7 month old and was greatly looking forward to it, particularly as the position of the hotel is perfect for all amenities. Upon arrival we were issued room 203 and this is where the issues started.
The room was fairly spacious but the view was horrific (walls, roof and what appeared to be generators outside). It is true about the room temp being hot, usually I would open a window but the noise and smell of food coming from the generators was not great- especially when trying to get my baby off to sleep. Yes there is a fan provided but it made very little difference.
The room was extremely clean as was the bathroom. The TV is a little small for the size of the room.
The staff were very friendly and service levels were good. Breakfast was good, lots of variety and caters for most tastes but again I found the room quite hot.
Would I stay there again? Probably but a different room would be a must!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Matthew G
Luton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

After another family holiday in Bournemouth staying at the Hermitage, we would like to thank all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable again. We are particularly grateful for the help and support provided by the hotel following a fall suffered by a family member outside the grounds.
We found the hotel up to its usual exceptionally high standards, including the fine dining in the restaurant and the superb customer service demonstrated by all members of staff. Even though the weather was was very hot, the fans provided in the rooms kept us comfortable throughout our stay.
With its prime, central location and attention to detail, we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to enjoy the best Bournemouth has to offer. The Hermitage fully deserves its 4 stars and AA Rosette for its restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Strawboater
Winchfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We enjoyed a fantastic lunch at this hotel today and I cannot express how impressed I was at the service we received from our 2 waiters and all the staff we encountered. Nothing was too much trouble, they were professional and attentive at all times. The food was excellent, well presented and very well priced. The hotel is immaculate and is situated in a fantastic location close to the sea and gardens. We look forward to visiting again in the near future. Thank you for making our visit so memorable today. The most outstanding customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzanne S
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Have just spent another Holiday at the Hermitage Hotel, where we have done so for the past few years. The hotel is in an ideal location with free car parking and just minutes from the Pier/Beach, Gardens and the town. The rooms are well maintained, and the service by all members of staff from Reception to Restaurant to Cleaning Staff is excellent, most professional, and Friendly. There is a first class restaurant where the presentation and quality of the food is excellent. The reception staff are very knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble for them.
We look forward to returning to the Hermitage again next year and have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Colin S
Oxford, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

It was the first time in Bournemouth for me. The Hotel placed in the city center close to the beach. It was an adwantage as well as the beautiful room with a nice view. I was living in the standard room with a see view. In the room you can find quite all what you need. BUT, what was pissied me off:
1. I had a bottle of wine, and to open it they asked me to pay 9£.
2. At time i was there, in the evening the weather was really bad, and I allowed my friends to spend some time in my room( from 23.00 to 01.00) afterwards we called a taxi and they left. At the morning one girl was comming to my room, she was living close to this Hotel, to have a tea with me, whatever. Afterwards on the reseprion, it was the day i had have to leave, i have been asked to pay for 2 extra persone which were in my room during the night. How they were trying to guess about people in my room - much more interesting story. So someone was oppening my door two times before my friend left and one time at the morning(firslty i thought it was a wind, but fortunately wind cannot open the door when it's really closed). The holet stuff was watching me not knoking on the door. How did i guess about it? On the reception leady told me, that they sure that someone was in my room, according to the information from the hotel stuff.
3.the breakfast was pretty poor.
4. The internet is not working during the night and sometimes during the late evening. They cut it out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Alex A
helimad3, General Manager at The Hermitage Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for your comments, just to clarify you booked a single room for 1 person, we upgraded your room to a double for single occupancy. You invited a group of friends to stay overnight, all 3 attended breakfast but perhaps they all left the night before and decided to come back for breakfast. You were challenged by the night porter and restaurant staff and became abusive and threatening. I guess it was only to be expected that your review would be economical with the truth.
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great hotel in a great location food was lovely rooms nice and clean with a great view from 416. Will definitely return. I have read the reviews but I can find no negatives with regards to this hotel. Go any enjoy

• Stayed August 2014