“"What a Lovely Stay"”

Ranked #11 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Worcester Park, United Kingdom
“"What a Lovely Stay"”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The weather outside was cold and wet
But the welcome I received was the warmest you could get
What a lovely stay I had
Fabulous room and Oh was I glad
Perfect location close to the town
Matt & Thom's hospitality truly deserves a crown
Spotlessly clean and all staff were great
Even had tip top cooked breakfast served on a piping hot plate
At the end of my stay I can honestly say
You'll enjoy it like me
And discover The Yenton Hotel serves the best Afternoon Tea

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Susie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Essex UK
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We spent two very pleasant nights at the Yenton. The room was good, clean, warm, and though not as well fitted out as some of the same standard, all the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. However, we were there mid-week and I wouldn't want to book the weekend unless I were a part of the wedding parties that seem to be the focus of their trade.

Room Tip: Avoid Wedding season weekends unless you are one of the wedding party
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit I did not stay at The Yenton but, I was a guest of two of My best friends wedding. I was also what I would call the wedding runner. Hahaha.

I have to mention the welcome I felt from Matt and Tom was brilliant. I was very demanding with requests and they were always smiling and always so happy to help. They went beyond their duties to help and I cannot thank them enough for making Laura and Ross O'Neill's stay and Wedding Day so special.

I saw a variety of rooms due to this title and every room I went into was of a high cleanly standard (Yes...I love to do the finger test). The bridal suite was absolutely stunning...the bathroom..well, another bed can fit into there and It is decorated to a high standard.
The wedding.....seeing all the work the night before and on the day. The Yenton was transformed into a beautiful and romantic venue for a wedding. It looked stunning the food was absolutely delicious, the mash potato was beautiful and so was the roast beef potatoes and the vegetables. I'm a fussy one with My veg and the flavour from those carrots... Yum yum.

I have to say...I would definitely recommend The Yenton for a wedding venue and I would 100% stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I don't know where to begin with The Yenton Hotel, no matter what I say on this it will not compare to the weekend my husband & I just had. Each time we met with Matt & Tom in the lead up to our wedding they were helpful in every way especially as we live in London there was a lot of phone calls and ALOT of emails sent with the panic but Matt dealt with everything. When we arrived a few days before the wedding itself Matt went above and beyond to meet our needs from pleasing our guests, calming me down & escorting me around beauticians to fix a bad spray tan!! Matt & Tom are definitely the most welcoming, caring and nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in a Hotel and without these two The Yenton would not have those extra characteristics. Sue & Caroline are also amazing and helped for our big day.

We got married in the gardens on 04.04.14 which was a rocky start with the weather but the sunshine came and made it even better for photos. The food was excellent and every plate was polished clean, everyone complimented each course and the mash potato (a must have being an Irish wedding) the whole day was a great success and Matt made sure every aspect of the day went perfect!

The honeymoon suite we stayed in throughout our stay was absolutely gorgeous and anyone who stays in here would be over the moon, the hotel may be on the smaller side compared to other hotels but this made our wedding romantic, intimate and had a homely feel which made myself, husband and all our guests feel at ease and comfortable. I am so glad we picked this venue as this was much better than all the fancy venues out there. I cannot recommend this place enough to get married in or stay for a weekend as this is the best! I had the best weekend of my life and it's down to Matt & Tom for making it our dream in every way!

I have already planned to come up for my next visit just to say hi, and will be coming up more often! Top class people! Keep in touch you two!!

Laura O'Neill

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I`ve just come home from a fabulous weekend at the Yenton hotel!! Our best friends got married at this venue and they could not have picked a nicer place to do it. The wedding was an intimate romantic event held in the beautiful gardens of the Yenton Hotel. Tom and Matt and all the staff went above and beyond to accommodate our friends. Matt went out of his way to make sure the bride and all guests were happy at all times. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hotel and Tom & Matt!! Two of the nicest guys I`ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. We are already planning our next trip to Bournemouth just to visit these guys.
Thanks for a great weekend, and we`ll definitely see you soon xx

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Only spent one night at this hotel, but that was enough to tell me the people running it really didn't have their heart, let alone their soul in it. I think I saw 2 smiles the whole time and conversation was kept to the bare minimum. We were there for a wedding reception, and at one point the manager went up to some of the children and told them to stop running around!! The "mine hosts" saying really did not apply and I definitely felt under whelmed by the place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Portimao, Portugal
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful wedding over the weekend and we can highly recommend The Yenton to hold your special day. We were lucky enough with the weather to hold the ceremony in the garden which was magical! The wedding breakfast venue looked lovely and the food was delicious. Well done Matt and staff for a really great day - very professional.

Stayed March 2014