The Yenton
Hotels.com
$127
$105
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$50
$43
$110
$98
Travelocity
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$65
$62
  • Pool
Ramada Encore Bournemouth(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$75
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$59
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$83
$80
Travelocity
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$75
$56
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
$81
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmatt thombridal suitewedding breakfastwedding venueon arrivaltown centrecooked breakfastpleasant hotelthe cliffstayed for two nightssconeslovely roomsingle roomshort breakdiscobournmouthfunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Had a lovely two night break at the Yenton. Didn't find it necessary to be picky & downgrade it's rating because of minor points like some other reviewers. We found Matt very friendly and helpful and were enchanted by his animals (especially the 2day old cavies) and the beautifully tended garden which added to our enjoyment immensely. Must mention the breakfast too which was excellent as it was cooked to order and not mauled about as at a buffet style.
All in all it was like going to a friend's house to stay, and we will look forward to returning.

Room Tip: The two ground floor rooms in the annexe have lovely views of the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hookedonhotels
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Like a previous reviewer, I hesitated to give the Yenton a 5 as it really does need a bit of an update, especially our bathroom. The water out of the shower went almost every which way but down. Otherwise the room was clean and comfortable, but the beds were very squeaky to the point of keeping my friend and I awake. Our next room neighbours were particularly noisy for a prolonged period on Saturday night; but I don't blame management for that but perhaps something could be put in the hotels folder about late night noise levels if not there already. And I really think that the cost per night doesn't represent very good value when breakfast is another 9pounds on top (for a full English).

On the plus side, most of the staff we met were very friendly and helpful. A special mention must be made about Paul, who was serving in the dining room. When we missed breakfast, instead of turning us away, he offered us tea and toast. He was genuinely friendly and helpful, and was the same on Sunday at breakfast time.

The hotel has the most loveliest gardens which can be viewed from the conservatory-type dining room and this really gives your hotel a stand-out attraction from other places I have stayed in. The hotel is also an easy walk to the beach, station and town. I would probably stay again when the place has been updated.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012

booked NOT through a groupon (GBP 100/night!) we got a comfortable king size bed room (number 5) overlooking the lovely garden. breakfasts were tasty (wonderful dorset sausages but no mint tea!) and hotel was very comfortable. Did not get a chance to have afternoon tea as the person responsible was away (hubbie v.disappointed). Location is goods enough to walk to the beach and even take the cliff lift. area is peaceful and quiet at night. few homeless in the close proximity but did not do us any harm.
Staff could be more friendly, their serious faces and lack of smile made me feel weird. Ensuit bathrom was TINY, had cardboard walls (haering your man in the loo ain't fun no matter how much you love them!!!) and mould on the wall. Embarassing enough, there was no toilet brush but seems to be common in English B&B.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I loved it and only stopped short of giving it a five because of very minor things.

The hotel itself is lovely. A really old building full of character. The communal areas are comfortable and spacious and I love all the Chesterfields and dark wood. It smells lovely too - all clean - not like many British B&Bs I have stayed in.

The garden is lovely. Matt, the owner is a genius with plants and the hanging basket at the main entrance is like no other I have ever seen. I would have loved to take it with me but know it wouldn't have looked like that for long if I had kept it.

Our room was very clean and comfortable and I particularly liked the TV with the iphone charger. This is where in fairness I had to drop a point as there was paint flaking off the radiator, no view and the bathroom was a little dated although perfectly functional. None of this bothered me however, and I would happily stay in the same room again although I would rather have a view. Matt told me he is gradually updating the hotel a room at a time. Knowing his attention to detail I expect he will take his time as he will want everything to be perfect. I think he would not change a room from imperfect to nearly perfect to save money.

One great thing is the hotel is truly pet friendly. My daughter and I took our two little dogs and there were doggie bowls and mats in our room on arrival. Not only accepted but catered for.

The breakfast was lovely. One thing I noticed was that the food was very high quality and you can really taste the difference. I also loved all the different jams and spreads and I had lemon curd on my toast for the first time in years.

Overall I loved this little hotel. Next time I need to stay somewhere in Bournemouth I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hevcbsiw
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A lovely quaint b&b, the guys running the Yenton are attentive and helpful. Wifi doesn't always cover well. But i was warned about this when i asked for password. My room was very small, bathroom could do with being updated slightly. But overall an ideal place to use as a base for getting out and about. Breakfast was excellent and very tasty. Many larger hotels could take lessons from here for breakfast.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business