“Lovely Hotel, Wonderful friendly people and well situated.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
Safari Bistro Hotel
Ranked #118 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Had a lovely 6 days with the owners who were very friendly and most accomodating. The breakfast was lovely especially the sausage, which i understood by Lydi that it was made by a local butcher and her husband Vincent had marinated it....it was delicious! Parking wasn't a problem there was plenty of room. Our room was of good standard (we have travelled to many countries and this wasn't bad at all). Free Wifi was great so we could use the iPad and plan some days and nights out. Fab night at the Dancing Queen show brilliant. The owners of the hotel were Dutch and as my family are Dutch we really hit it off. I am sorry they are moving on as we would have stayed with them again. Good luck to both Lydi and Vincent and thank you for our lovely stay. Hope all goes well. Best Wishes from Linda and Haydn xx

Room Tip: Room 9 was very good
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Linda V

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I read the Trip Advisor reviews before going to this hotel for a 4 night stay with my husband. We were slightly taken aback by the reviews and wondered whether we had made the right choice. When we go there- I exclaimed to my husband that the reviewers must be all mad (seriously no rudeness intended there).

Hosts: A lovely husband and wife couple- could not do any mre for us. Were very polite and welcoming and really got to know us rather than just ignoring us they gave us a lot of attention

Room: Lovely- clean, modern, beautiful -everything catered for

Breakfast: A fantastic range of breakfasts. My husband and I had a great time choosing a different one each day. Very filling and when asked for more was given it no quible

Location: 2 mins to seafront- fantastic

Price- Amazing bargain for what you get

I am a professional person in her twenties and so is my husband. We have travelled a lot and been to a lot of hotels. We loved it here and would 100% go again. We are already planning it. We stayed in Room 14 a great room and hope to go again soon.

Lovely- i truelly believe everyone who is slatting it should book themselves in the Waldhorf Astoria next time- because for £250 for 4 nights we got an awful lot more than we expected

Angela B

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ANGIE1234London
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I bought a hotel in bournemouth which was described as sea view best available family room, we paid £85 for this, and are absolutely disgusted with what we were met with, firstly the place smelt of dogs, when commencing to the room it was the most disgraceful room you could ever experience we could not even book anywhere else as the money had already been spent on the room and there was nowhere else anyway. The place was filthy the carpets were not even walkable with no shoes on, the shower come toilet which was more like a cupboard was filthy. It was my birthday night out and we didnt even want to get ready in there it was so bad. . When i spoke to the owner about the seaview room he said that he knew nothing about this and laughed saying he knew nothing about this, well there was no sea view whatsoever.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank diamondgirl35
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Stayed for a weekend at the Safari Hotel. A last minute decision to visit Bournemouth left a limited choice of hotels to stay in so we picked this because it was one of the cheapest (but still pretty expensive for what we got) and had availability.

Location: Excellent. A short walk from the town centre, a short walk from the beach. This was the best thing about the hotel.

Arrival and check in was quick and efficient but the limited parking meant we had to park on the road. We were very lucky to find a (very tight) space around the corner, but I can imagine driving around for ages trying to find a space.

The room was dated but it was clean, so can't really fault that. There was a kettle, tea, coffee etc, a new TV and an electric radiator that did come in handy as the room was cold. The room was cleaned each morning, the bed was made and fresh towels left in the bathroom which was excellent. Free wifi available which we didnt use but it's a nice touch and something that the big chains should take note of. However the most frustrating thing regarding the room was the use of blankets on the bed instead of a duvet. Why?!!! Itchy old blankets have no place in hotels nowadays. Never.

We slept fine, no complaints there. But another frustrating point was serving breakfast from 7-9am. We came for a weekend away from our hectic jobs and just a slight lie in would be nice. This was particularly a problem on the Sunday as we'd eaten breakfast by 8:30am (to avoid the rush at 8:55) but nothing opens until 11 and it was raining, cold and wet so we had nothing to do!

As for breakfast - we were not particularly impressed. The choice was excellent but the Full English was average - the bacon was possibly the fattiest I have ever seen in my life. There was more fat that meat. And the advertised homemade sausages had a very strange chewy texture that I didn't find all that nice. The American Breakfast - waffles and syrup was good but even that came with the nightmare bacon. The breakfast room was nice, clearly it has been recently decorated but it's just a shame the breakfast fell short.

Overall you get what you pay for. If you get it at a cheap price it's a place to put your head down in a great location and the staff are friendly. Breakfast could be great but was a let down. Would we stay there again? Probably not. Unfortunately we paid more because it was a last minute booking and therefore feel like we didn't get value for money. If you can get a good deal then stay there but don't expect much.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DriftingPilot
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I stayed with 3 friends in a family room (3 adults) at the Safari hotel while we visited Bournemouth to go to a wedding in a nearby hotel. The room cost us £92.50 for all 3 of us, including breakfast which we didn't have because we were all too hungover.

Lets be honest, it's a cheap B&B in the middle of Bournemouth which is ideal if you are spending the majority of the time out and about and only need it to lay your head. Items of furniture are a bit odd, and the bathroom is teeny tiny. But we just used the room to sleep in and brush our teeth and went the following morning. The rooms are clean, the linen perfectly starched and the off the wall owners accommodating.

I would recommend the hotel for people looking just looking to rest their head after a night out in Bournemouth. An acceptable price and it does the job nicely.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cad1023
Reviewed March 1, 2011

stayed here for one night,that was enough.you get greeted by a musty,stale smell that gets worse in your room.the room could have done with a bit of a revamp to make it look nice.a good clean would not go a miss,having said that the towels were soft and fluffy and breakfast was lovely.the car park is ok if you don,t mind being blocked in and dont want an early start the next morning

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pink017
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed for two nights over a weekend with my husband but I was actually in Bournemouth attending a conference. I wanted a cheap and cheerful hotel close to the BiC and the Safari seemed to tick all of the boxes.

After reading comments on here I did have my reservations and, working in the tourism industry myself for over 20 years I do have high standards - but I was pleasantly surprised.

It certainly isn't a four star hotel, but then it doesn't claim to be. What it is, is a comfortable clean hotel very close to the BiC. The hosts were charming and very helpful and the car park a welcome extra - so too the free WiFi. There was a tv with a dvd attached in the bedrooms which was great as my husband felt too unwell to go out to eat on the first night.

Only gripes were:
The first room we stayed in on the Friday night (Room 4) was quite musty and the bed very uncomfortable. We spoke to the owner at breakfast and were promptly moved to room 14 which was much better. Also, the sausages at breakfast were a bit too pink inside for our liking - but maybe we were a little picky.

If you do stay there is an Italian next door that is TDF! I had the best speghetti carbonara I've had for years.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business