2,478 results
All reviews the penthouse sunday carvery sea view indoor pool coach party coach trip restaurant manager sister hotel next door bit dated evening meal reception staff the cliff short break air show enjoyable stay self service cumberland hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

After an exhausting 3 hour drive to Bournemouth, we arrived to a warm welcome at the reception desk and were informed that we had recieved an upgrade to penthouse!

Good customer service
Great facilities - Sauna, swimming pool, mini gym and two squash courts (at extra cost, which is too much).

Chicken burger wasn't great for the restaurant and would avoid.

I will definitely be returning to The Suncliff Hotel again

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
YChatzidakis, Front Office Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Dear 514tomekk,

Thank you very much for your nice review and five stars! We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your comments about our customer service are much appreciated and we are happy that you liked our leisure facilities as they have been very recently refurbished. However, I am a bit surprised that you found the cost of the squash courts expensive, as we have a special rate for hotel residents which is just £5.00 instead of the normal price of £12.50.

We hope to see you again in the nearest future.

Should you wish to stay again with us in Suncliff or in any other of our properties in Bournemouth, please do not hesitate to contact our Reservations Team on 01202 298350 for the best rate available.

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Dear Suncliff Hotel,

I would just like to say a big thank you for accommodating our Stag Party last weekend.

Rooms are exactly what they say they are on the website and none of the lads had any complaints regarding their rooms. Breakfast had a good selection of cereal etc or you could have full English which was a buffet style.

We spent most of our time in the Overcliff Bar due to live sport being shown (Sky Sports). The bar staff in there were amazing and they were on hand to deal with any weird requests we had. I would personally like to say a huge thank you to one of your staff called Kirsty, she is a true credit to the hotel and on numerous occasions comments were heard from our group on how helpful she was. This was due to her helping out with pouring drinks on our fines game, sorting out pre order and pre pay of food. Please pass on our special thank you to her as she made my job as best man so much easier.

We had an evening meal in the Overcliff Bar and I would also like to say thank you to the Chef for serving great food and ensuring this all came out at the same time. Not an easy task I’m sure when there’s 21 meals to make at the same time. The food was typical bar food which was exactly what we wanted and we would definitely recommend it.

From a very happy best man and 20 other lads a massive thank you for a brilliant stay and we hope to return in the future.

Thanks again,

James Clarke

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank jamescP7326RD

Dear jamescP7326RD,

Thank you very much for your great review. I am happy to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am glad to hear your rooms matched your taste. Your comments about our bar staff is much appreciated and I am sure Kirsty will be really happy to hear that she helped in you having a nice experience with us.

Furthermore, our Head Chef will be happy to hear that you were satisfied with the meal you had.

Hopefully, we will see you again in the nearest future!

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights for a birthday and anniversary occasion. Firstly we were welcomed by a lovely and friendly gentleman at reception who checked us in and explained everything to us which was lovely. Then we went to our room which was the William penthouse. This room was lovely! me and my partner were so happy as it is decorated lovely and has everything you need including a massive bathroom and a beautiful sea view from the balcony and the bed! The room was tidy and modern.

During our stay we had came into contact with a lovely lady who was doing her room service duties. On several occasions she made an effort to approach us to ask if we needed anything which I thought was brilliant customer service as she went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed.

During our stay we visited the overcliffe pub and also the Atlantis restaurant. the overcliffe pub I have to say did disappoint us. Not for the food but for the service. unfortunately there was one male staff member who came across as rude and had no customer service skills. However the other staff members were pleasant and therefore would not lower my satisfaction with the hotel as a whole. The Atlantis restaurant was lovely and staff were brilliant! we had breakfast included in our stay and I am very grateful we did as it was wonderful. They had everything there that you could possibly want meeting all our needs which was amazing. I would definitely include breakfast if you want to stay here.

On our check out we had a lovely lady at reception who was so friendly and asked how our stay was which our answer was brilliant!

The parking was free for us as we booked directly with the hotel which I applaud as it saved us £8 a day. The hotel was overlooking the sea and was just a scroll away from the town making it perfect.

If I had to give any room for improvements I would advise for room service to be improved as it costs an extra £4.50 on top of the total bill for food to be sent to your room so put us off ordering. I would of liked a little fridge in the room for water etc as it would have been nice to have especially when the weather was hot. But the above are not compulsory as again me and my partner had a great stay.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and thank them for our lovely stay.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 137kgreen,

Thank you for your nice and constructive review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I am personally glad to hear that you felt welcome during your arrival, as that was me who checked you in! It is also nice to hear that your room matched your taste and that mostly everyone from our staff members was helpful to you.

Moreover, your comments about our food are much appreciated and they will be passed to our Head Chef.

I would also like to assure you that your recommendations will be taken into consideration.

We would be extremely happy to welcome you back in Suncliff any time!

Reviewed February 27, 2019

When we arrived by Eastons coach we were given a warm welcome.
We soon checked in and our cases taken to our room.

Our room was very comfortable and so quiet .

The food was excellent and a very good choice. The staff were all so helpful.
and efficient. Our meals were served quickly even though we were on a coach party. We highly recommend the hotel.

Room tip: 3rd floor at the side was so quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear EdwinLowestoft,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Suncliff.

It is nice to hear your room matched your taste and your appraisal to our staff is much appreciated.

We hope to see you again soon in the nearest future.

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

We were on a coach trip here for a few days and found everything went smoothly and very organised especially with our cases.

The food was excellent, variable and plentiful.
Staff were polite and professional.

House keeping was thorough so no problems there.

The floor was very creaky underfoot so hope people above and below were not too disturbed.

My comment was the mattress had seen very better days in room 218 and wasn't one of the refurbished rooms unfortunately.

We look forward returning next time in a refurbished room with a good mattress but on the whole a really good break and a great location.

Dear Inspiration596517,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had a nice experience staying with us.

Your comments about out staff and food are much appreciated and I will make sure to pass your comment about housekeeping to our housekeeping manager and also ask her to have a look in that mattress.

We hope to see you again in the nearest future.