“Excellent hotel”

The Suncliff Hotel
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed in a Sea View room from 8th-11th December
We arrived to a warm welcome and were directed to a very nice clean room with sea view
We used the pool and sauna whilst we were there and both were excellent
Breakfast was better than expected and the service from the front of house staff was excellent
We had a little noise from the neighbouring hotel so I called the Manager Tom who advised me that the party would be finishing shortly he also offered to move our room to a quieter one - we declined as it was fairly late at night however the way the matter was dealt with was excellent,
I also work for a chain iof hotels so can be very critical however for what we paid for this hotel I really cant complain about anything! We stay in Bournemouth a lot and usually stay at Brittania but this hotel is not only cheaper its 10 times better!
Will deffinatly return - the sooner the better!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simon985214
Write a ReviewReviews (2,119)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

On the clifftop overlooking the sea you can't beat the Suncliff for a picturesque location. I booked a single room but was pleasantly surprised to be given a double room at no extra cost. My room was clean, had everything I needed and the bed was comfortable. The decor was a bit dated. The bathroom was clean, but again rather dated. However for three stars you can't expect a palace. The staff were professional, friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the buffet style breakfast - this way you get what you want. I was glad of the indoor swimming pool, and both times I swam I was the only one in it. Luxury! The Suncliff is about a mile from the centre of Bournemouth, a pleasant walk or you can take the bus. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Silvergirl735764
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on 4th December. Situated walking distance to Bournemouth and brilliant sea views from our room. Staff really friendly and helpful. Our bar meal in the evening was excellent and the buffet style breakfast was top quality. The floor boards did creak in the bathroom but overall an enjoyable stay. We'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived at this hotel on October 28th 2013-31st for a couple days away. The sea view was beautiful, however the room itself wasn't at all up to scratch or what we expected. Our 4 poster bed was wrongly positioned so that when I was laid in bed, I had a post in the way, the window was broken and the floor boards were squeaky. On the website it is advertised that there is a jacuzzi, this is incorrect as we were told that it was removed last year. The buffet breakfast was lovely and fresh but the evening meal we looked forward to on our last night was in-edible. My partner had ordered steak and they brought him out salmon, we then had to wait another half an hour before the correct order came out. Although the staff were apologetic, I still feel that in a 3 star hotel, this shouldn't have happened. We had chinese ordered to the hotel one evening and got some on our bedsheets, we expected to have our sheets changed the next day but instead, we came back greeting the big yellow chinese food stains from the night before. The room was clean, and so was the bathroom, our towels were changed every day. If you want a guaranteed parking space, I suggest that you're on watch for a spot all the time, even though it's 50p an hour to park on the road, parking is so limited. However, the staff were friendly and made us feel welcome seeing as we had never stayed here before.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beth F
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was so pleased with my stay here. Me and my boyfriend had a lovley room with a sea view that we were not expecting. Had an excellent nights sleep due to the near silence of the hotel!
Will DEFINATELY stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Milesbabygirl
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Went during august with my mum and fiancee, we booked a single room and a double, however the single room was actually bigger.
The only complaint I would have is the size of our room and the state of the bathroom.
The breakfast was great, plenty of variety.
Short walk from the beach, it was really sunny when we went, the hotel staff were really lovely.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Having had many "Turkey *& Tinsell" holidays all over the country staying at the Suncliff outshone all of the others. The staff very helpful, the room great and everything very clean. The dining room staff excellent and the food outstanding. After 4 nights there I would have been more than happy to stay longer and will definitely be going back. Well done.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends