“Good Hotel for good price”
Review of The Suncliff Hotel

The Suncliff Hotel
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed October 4, 2013

You cant really fault the Suncliff Hotel.
The location was really good - only a 10 minute walk to Bournemouth Pier. The hotel was clean and staff very friendly and helpful.
The rooms were clean and had everything you needed, they could do with more modern wallpaper but thats just my taste i thought it was dated!
Breakfast buffet was good and plenty of option.
The bar was well stocked but not cheap! There was some evening entertainment on the friday but we were out so didnt go to it.
It has a nice swimming pool but we sadly didnt use it due to other reasons but it looked very nice and clean.

1  Thank LAB_26
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

LAB_26

Thank you for leaving a review on your stay at the Suncliff,

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time here and hope you will return to us in the near future!

Best wishes

Write a ReviewReviews (2,182)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is my second visit to the Sunday carvery and it is still as enjoyable as the first.
The food was hot & fresh ( not like others I've been to that have dried veg in the hot plates).
The staff are very friendly & helpful, I even noticed an aged couple who had difficulty going to the buffet, the staff actually got the food for them & brought it to the table, that is what I call service.
Give yourselves a pat on the back Suncliffe & I have actually booked a birthday meal at the carvery.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Holslover_10

Thank you for taking the time to support the Suncliff and leave a review, we have worked very hard to build a successful carvery trade and I am thankful to customers like you who appreciate our efforts.

Best wishes

Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a great weekend at our ladies festival food was good (the bacon at breakfast was to die for)
The staff could not do enough for us and alway with a smile and in a courteous manor, pools good for the size of hotel, get there early for the best parking spaces as most things are in walking distance even the sandy beach

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

RKB713,

I hope you will return to us in the near future and my best wishes to you and all the other guests that stayed from your ladies festival!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ok so we booked a 3night stay at this hotel, I had actually stayed there 5 years ago. We checked into our room (201from memory) and the Room was a bit tired and worn out - tbh, this did not really bother me so much as we got a deal price. But what bothered me was the bed was the most uncomfortable in the world. The bathroom was really worn out with cracked tiles a towel rail we could not turn off ( it was hot!) and a rotting bath panel. The bath and shower worked really well with high pressure so that was good for me. The room was old, there was a hole in the net curtains obviously by a cigarette. If only the bed was better and I got more than 2 hours sleep it would have ok for me. Now the good points, staff from reception to bar were great! I don't often Complaing but a really sore back after the awful bed found me at reception the next morning and we were moved to a slightly better room(claire was room name) Restaurant was good, we had the Sunday carvery which was really good. On the second night we ate dinner in the restaurant and it was really nice. Breakfast was really good also. On the 3rd night 2 busses of OAPs turned up so we went out. There was a singer in the bar who in my opinion was rubbish but the OAPs seemed to be having a good time.hotel would not be worth full price but keep trying! Check out was a bit of a nightmare as the hotel was shorted staffed as the lift broke down and one of the receptionists was trying to fix the lift. We waited almost an hour for the lift to be fixed but gave up and had the painful task of lifting heavy bads from the 4th floor.

1  Thank iainm281
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Only spent one night here and that was enough. The room was small and very dated. There were marks on the walls, pollyfilla dotted around the walls, two plug sockets hanging off the walls near the bed, there had been a shower screen in the bathroom that had been removed at some point but the sealant was still there. The only good things about the hotel were the friendly staff and the breakfast we had before we left

Room Tip: .ask for a room at one of the other hotels, they looked nicer.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is quite large and right on the seafront with parking and it is close to the town. It does remind me of an 80's hotel in terms of decoration.

The girls on reception are very friendly and welcoming.

It really does need up-dating but that said, our room 330 was a very good size as it was a family room but again it really needs up-dating if they are going to charge the going rate.

On a positive note, the staff in the most part are professional and freindly. I liked this hotel as it reminded me of holidays when I was younger. They have an indoor pool which is nice and even a small gym which we used. The gym is very basic but has everything you need for a basic workout, all the equipment is out dated but it works and it is better than nothing.

The communial areas are nice and the bar area is comfortable. The bar prices are expensive though.

We had dinner and it was nice, no complaints at all. Breakfast was also fine. We would come back but do not expect 4 star. it's dated but it's clean and suited what we wanted.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had stayed here before, and had had a pleasant experience - a reasonable room at a reasonable price. So I decided to return a second time - but THIS time, I ended up with a very different experience. My room was a sauna, and so hot/stuffy it was barely suitable for use by humans! The mattresses were probably a few decades old, and a thin foam matt had been laid on top to try to squeeze a few more years out of it. The entire room and bathroom was badly in need of some renovations. Will not return to this hotel a third time, and would suggest you avoid it too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family