“Lovely Sunday carvery”

Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely Sunday carvery”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

On the off chance we went to the Suncliff for Sunday carvery, we were pleased to find that we could get a table. The staff were friendly and polite. However, the food was lovely,hot and enjoyable. The carvery looked clean, fresh and the staff kept it that way. Well done Suncliff, we will be back. The vale for money was very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HolidayDorset
rcarley, Assistant Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for glowing review, the Sunday carvery is popular with hotel guests and local residents alike and offers great value for money. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in future
Regards,.
Tom Pinn, Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed for a week on a half board basis. Food always very good, breakfast buffet style offering hot and cold selection and evening meal menu had sufficient choice even for my 12 year old son. The food was of a high standard. The family room was large, clean and the balcony overlooked the sea with wonderful views. The staff throughout the hotel were always polite and helpful especially Jose and his team in the restaurant. The only issue our family encountered was that of being able to park within the spaces throughout the 3 hotels, to be honest on arrival we could not park and other residents told us they did not move their cars for fear of not being able to return to the car park. If I was using this as a base I would consider staying at another hotel, assuming this is not a local problem. Very good hotel though and excellent customer service.

1 Thank LEESA65
rcarley, Assistant Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay, I’m very glad you had an enjoyable time staying with us here at the Suncliff. I am sure Jose will be very pleased to read your mention of his team, all staff in the hotel work very hard with prime focus on providing excellent customer service. Car parking is at a premium in Bournemouth particularly in the busy summer months but our group of hotels all provide free parking for our guests, if the car parks are full there is reasonably priced roadside parking directly in front of the hotel on East Overcliff Drive. I do hope you choose to stay at the Suncliff in future.
Regards,
Tom Pinn
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My partner,myself and our Eight year old daughter stayed here for two nights in august,we found the hotel to be clean,very efficiently run,the staff were very friendly and helpful,our daughter loved the indoor pool which was lovely and warm,food was excellent and plentiful,we also have had a Sunday lunch in the restaurant,staff very attentive,our daughter also felt comfortable enough to help herself at breakfast,which had more than enough choice.recommend the full English fab...will visit again,hopefully in november....

• Stayed August 2013
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
clairealexandellie

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the Suncliff!

Sounds like you all enjoyed your stay including your daughter which is great! I am really happy to see that you will be returning to us in November and if you liked the room you were in please make the reservation direct and request the room and we will do our best to allocate it or one similar for your stay.

My best wishes and see you soon
Warwickshire
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked the penthouse suite and we were assigned the Beatrice suite, it was amazing! Beautiful sea views and very comfortable, great value for money.
The hotel is undergoing renovation, but the areas we saw were really well maintained. The staff are all exceptionally helpful and very kind . The breakfast was fresh and plentiful with a great selection of hot and cold. The location was great for what we wanted, a walk into town took around 20 mins but the weather was lovely and so this wasn't problematic. I would definitely return to this hotel if I was going to be in the area

Vianne451,

The penthouse rooms are always popular with probably the best views in Bournemouth. I am happy to see our hard work in maintenance is paying off. We are always updating or refreshing something but this is a never ending job with a hotel this size as I’m sure you can imagine.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and happy to know you would use us again. I hope to see you soon and best wishes.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Ok the rooms-not amazing but perfectly fine, we had Margaret, a twin on the 4th floor, not a great view but I didn't pay for a seaview so did not expect it! Beds were comfy enough and room fine for us. Friends had a standard double which was a little smaller but again fine for their needs. Had a glimpse inside a seaview with balcony and it does look fantastic so if I ever see a deal on that I will grab it!!
Food was amazing, so pretty and tasty, child friendly and the waiting staff were very helpful and friendly which really makes a difference.
Staff were all really helpful and all had smiles on their faces even when dealing with more difficult customers - I think a lot of people read the reviews on here and then kick up a stink in order to get free upgrades from the sounds of things, to be honest if you pay for a standard room then expect a standard room - if you want more space and a seaview then pay for it!
The style of the hotel is typical seaside hotel, I liked it, if I wanted London clean cut style I would have booked a London hotel! There are some places which do need attention but they are just little bits which I think if anyone moans about them then they are just being picky and looking for stuff to moan about!
Location wise it is great, away from the main noise yet close enough to walk to without having moaning kids! Using the outdoor pool next door is a bonus (heated pool!). My only gripe is the cost of a small glass of lemonade etc, that was a bit much - other than that all was fab and I can't wait to book for next year.

Room Tip: Go for a seaview with balcony - they look amazing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Helcatamy

Wow, what a review, well first let me thank you for picking up on the fact customer service is our main focus the staff try very hard to help any guest and make their stay an enjoyable one.

It is very true that the mentality of people is shifting and they feel by complaining they will gain from it. I also find this very sad and as I have always said I am very happy to receive constructive criticism to better my product but when people bend the truth for their own gain it only upsets the staff who work extremely hard and ruins the reputation of businesses that really don’t deserve it.

Any way, rant over... I am please you enjoyed the hotel and I hope you will be back again soon to visit where I am sure you will be looked after once again.

Best wishes to you and your family
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Took my family to the Suncliff Hotel for lunch last weekend, there was 10 of us in total.
I must say that the Sunday Lunch Carvery was fantastic value for money & the staff were all so friendly & helpful & nothing was too much trouble for them.
All the members of my party commented on how impressed they were with everything & thanked me for making such an excellent choice in where to have Sunday lunch.
Well doneSuncliff we will be back again.

Stayed August 2013
NessiK

A big thank you for your kind comments regarding our Sunday Carvery, we try very hard to create a relaxed atmosphere where people can relax and enjoyed our tasty fresh food. We have many locals who come along most Sundays so I hope you come again soon.

Thank you once again and best wishes to you and your family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have just arrived back today from a stay at The Suncliffe Hotel with my mum and my 2 boys aged 14 and 10.
On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff on reception and given our room keys. We stayed in family room 118 which was huge with a double bed and very impressed with 2 single beds as opposed to camp bed which you quite often get in a family room. Yes as I have read in other reviews it is getting a little tired but it was nicely decorated and clean.
I did have to ask about the mattress in our room as it had springs coming through but it was changed by the time we came back from our day out, it
Still wasn't the best but certainly better.
My mums room 132 was a little off the beaten track down corridors and right at the back of the hotel but she says she slept lovely and it was big enough for 1 person.
Breakfast was fine with a good choice of food
I use to come to Bournemouth every year when I was a child and this hotel brought back all my memories of holidays with creaky stairs and dated decor!!
It will be the anniversary of the death of my father tomorrow 12 months on and we wanted to remember the good times we had in Bournemouth and we enjoyed every min of it.

Tillymint86

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Suncliff.
We describe the hotel as a Traditional seaside hotel and I am so glad this became apparent during your stay.
We have been very popular with families this summer and thank you for supporting the hotel and going one step further by sharing your comments on Trip advisor.

My best wishes and I hope you will visit again soon.