“Very friendly and great with kids”
Review of The Suncliff Hotel

The Suncliff Hotel
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with our 6yr old who loved the attention that was given by all the staff in particular claudia .nice atmosphere hotel a bit dated but clean . Would stay again food very good and not to expensive

• Stayed: July 2013
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your short but sweet review, I am certain Claudia will be pleased to read your comments. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and would visit us again, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Suncliff in future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,178)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in a family room ( Room 114) and had a brilliant time. If i had to nit pick, there is no fridge in the room, but its only a minor thing. The room was spacious and the bed comfy - there was also plenty of hanging space in the wardrobes.
The food is good, steaks especially! The staff especially friendly too.
The hotel is one of 3 (next to each other) - this one has an indoor pool which is really warm The hotel next door had an outdoor pool which you could use. There is also a games room with pool table, table football and a few electronic games which proved popular with my kids.
It was about a 15 min stroll to the beach which was fine - there is also a cliff lift you can catch for a small charge if you dont fancy the descent.
The only this to be aware of is that in Peak season parking is a bun fight especially in the evenings, its not the hotels fault but a little irritating when one evening even the surrounding roads were all full.
Overall though, a fab resort and one that we will definately revisit.

Room Tip: room 114 is a lvoely fmaily room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel,

Room 114 is one of our larger family rooms and also one of my favourites so I am glad you liked it. The hotel caters for many families this time of year and the games room was introduced because of this.

The indoor pool is a lovely facility, it may be a little dated but it’s clean and the water is lovely and warm ideal to occupy the children for an hour or two. We have also decorated the little patio by the pool so the parents and family have somewhere pleasant to sit and watch.

Bournemouth beach is a fantastic beach and the council work very hard to ensure it is kept clean and tidy we are very lucky to have it on our door step and when the sun is shining who needs to go abroad.

Well I hope you will return to us soon and my best wishes to you and your family

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at the Suncliff at the end of July for 4 nights with our two girls aged 5 and 2, we had a fantastic time, the staff on the whole were welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The restaurant staff deserve a special mention they were absolutely amazing and tended to our every need and made a huge fuss of the girls.

We had a slight issue the 1st night as our room was very small, we had booked a 4 bed room but ended up with a 3 bed which wasn't a problem as my youngest is still in a cot but it was impossible to move round, thankfully we were able to move the next day to a much bigger room

The indoor pool was warm and the girls wanted to spend hours there. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

My only complaint was the booking process online, we could only get a family room for a minimum of 4 nights which was fine but we seemed to pay a lot more than other guests staying at the same time as us even though we had paid in advance. Having looked at the hotel's website since we would pay less for the same room type in weeks following our stay. I will be definitely ringing the hotel to book if we decide to stay again.

Lovely hotel with fantastic staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
rcarley, Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our indoor leisure facilities are always popular, particularly if we are not fortunate with the weather! Our restaurant team are a great asset to the hotel; I will pass your comments on to Jose, our restaurant manager who will certainly be please to receive such great feedback. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with an alternative room when you found the first one to be too small, if for any reason any guest is unhappy with the room they have been allocated, we will always do as much as possible to provide an alternative option. With regards to making your reservation, I would always recommend calling us directly on 01202 298 350 as we are able to offer the best rates and match any online prices.
I hope you choose to stay at the Suncliff again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for my husbands birthday, from tbe outset it was great; our ocean view room was spacious with a large balcony.
We had arranged a birthday meal, which was fantastic, the staff couldnt have done more to make the evening special.
We had a very good nights sleep, the bed was really comfortable.
Breakfast was great, plenty of choice.
Everywhere was clean.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble, we arrived as guests and left like old friend's.
We will be returning VERY soon ( cant wait). Will certainly recommend to our friends as the place to stay when visiting Bournemouth
We wiil be back very soon

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank t1gerly12
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

t1gerly12

A big thank you for leaving your thoughts about the Suncliff and sharing your experience with the TA community.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and am happy to see that the staff made a good impression. We all work endlessly to improve our team and the hotel so I appreciate the feedback when given.

I hope you will come back in the near future

Reviewed August 4, 2013

After a small problem with our room we were moved to another that gave us a panoramic view over Bournemouth. Staff were on hand so there was no lugging of cases and reception staff most pleasant. Breakfast was everything that you could ever want with a great choice. The evening meal was something else, superb choice and served with great aplomb. So good that we in fact came home a lot fatter than we arrived. The East Cliff beach below is the quieter one and pleasant. An hourly bus service stops right outside the hotel (there is even a shelter if the weather is not too kind). Town centre just 10 minutes away or a 20 minute down hill stroll. Really enjoyed our 5 day stay, and as I say, nothing was too much trouble. we felt really spoilt

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

JoyanPeter

Thank you for taking the time to leave you comments,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here, It sounds like you had a great time. We work very hard to ensure our guests have a memorable experience and I hope you will return to us in the near future.

My best wishes for the summer!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I visited the suncliff hotel with my 3 children ages 14,10 & 7. Very family friendly place, great family room, great breakfast, staff really really friendly and helpful. The kids loved the swimming pools, inside and out. Games room too! It was the first time the children had stayed in a hotel, they loved it! And i was relaxing for me too. We will most defantly be coming back! Thankyou.

• Stayed: August 2013
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

claire n

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and facilities, we are a popular hotel choice for families and at this time of year try our best to organise little extra's such as the games room, milk shakes, different cereals etc to be a little more family friendly.

I am also pleased that you managed to relax while you were here also. I thank you for your comments and hope you will return again soon.

Best wishes to you and your family

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We found the staff at the Suncliff very welcoming. The restaurant and bar staff were always
Helpful and always smiling. The breakfast was lovely lots to choose from. Our room was very clean and a good size. To round up we had a great time at Suncliff and we will go back one day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon D

Gordon D

Thank you for a short but sweet review, I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Suncliff. I’m glad the staff made such a positive impression on you as customer service is something that we understand is very important and place great emphasis on.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Suncliff in future.