“Fantastic wedding day and stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Suncliff Hotel

The Suncliff Hotel
Ranked #28 of 79 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Fantastic wedding day and stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had my wedding on 9th feb at the suncliff hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about getting married in a hotel. The staff, food and the rooms where fantastic. Could not pick a fault with anything at the hotel. And Ali the wedding planner was so fabulous and caring. Getting married in the near future suncliff hotel will make your day perfect, just like ours.

• 5 of 5 stars
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
stephyp123
I am so glad we helped to make your special day so perfect. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I will pass your comments on to the staff and I wish you both a very happy future together.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very happy with our stay at the suncliff, sea views great food clean rooms friendly staff i work in a busy restaurant so I can appreciate how hard the staff work! I would defiantly stay in this hotel again.

1 Thank Linsward
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Linsward

Thank you for your short but sweet review. I am glad you were pleased with the Suncliff and its facilities and do hope you will visit again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed for 1 night and I couldn't fault it :) the staff were friendly and very helpful, the room was exceptionally clean and had very good decor. We were also very happy to have a sea view room. Would highly recommend this hotel :)

Rachel 3266

I am glad you enjoyed your room and opted for a sea-view, I always feel this is worth while as the views are amazing. I will pass your comments to the housekeeping department as even though we are not the most modern hotel we have very high standards concerning the cleanliness of the hotel and its bedrooms. I am glad you picked up on this.

I hope you will return to us again in the near future.

Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just had to write as our society has been going to the Suncliff for our annual Christmas lunch for the last 2 years. The food has always been exceptional, and this year was no exception. However the service this year was outstanding, the restaurant manager went out of his way to make sure we wanted for nothing. Must also thank Ali who help with the arrangements. You must try the carvery It's fantastic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ray P

What a lovely review, It was a pleasure to have you back with us for your third year, your comments have been past to Jose and his team in the restaurant and chef. Christmas 2012 was our best yet and we have already started to plan 2013. I do hope you will return to us this Christmas where I am sure you will once again be looked after.

Our carvery is a popular choice for Christmas parties but we also run it on a Sunday. I believe for the value and quality you will not find better in the area, I am sure you will agree with me.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Made a booking through booking.com and paid £45. On arrival at the hotel were put in the penthouse suite Beatrice would should have been £179.00. From a £45 point of view could not fault it in any way. The room is beautifully decorated in browns and creams with a vibrant green feature wall. There are bi folding doors which on a warm sunny day you would open to sit out on the balcony. (Or like us sit out there in February in your coat and gloves) On the balcony there were very comfortable cane chairs and a glass top table with extra cushions if you wanted them for the chairs within the room. You get a full view up and down the vast sea front of Bournemouth which at night looks magical. The arch way through to the tea and coffee area and sofa just separates the room nicely and again you can get good views of the sea. The bathroom is large with an excellent shower over the bath and decorated in keeping with the rest of the room with a black glass wall running along the back. Along with this room you have use of the indoor swimming pool, sauna and hot tub. There is also entertainment most evenings in the lounge. We also paid the room service charge for breakfast in our room.

So now onto my £179.00 comments. If I had paid the full amount I think I would have asked for a small refund. The mattresses on the twin beds were not that great and you ended up with a spring in your rib. Also the pillow cases on one of the beds had been put on inside out and the quilt cover had a bit of a rib in it. With the sun streaming in the windows in the morning the dark furniture showed up all its finger marks. There was one lovely tie back on one of the curtains but the others were either missing for it was just the cord left. The sink hot tap was loose, as was the cold tap on the bath and the rubber along the bottom of the shower screen was displaced so the shower leaked onto the floor when you had a shower. There was a bit of a tricky problem with closing the door from the inside you have to give it a bit of a pull to get the door to close and then lock. When we went to use the hot tub it obviously had been used a lot during the day as when you got in it was crystal clear but when you turned it on it became very cloudy and you could see what looked like soap scum floating around on the surface.

For me all of these things are nothing major and could be rectified with a little more attention to detail. Dark furniture is a bugger to keep looking clean as it shows every single mark. A little more attention to the cleaning would rectify this easily. If customers do not report any maintenance issues how are the hotel to know what is wrong. I am sure the cleaner does not have a shower when cleaning so would not have noticed that the shower leaked or the cold tap was loose. Just by the previous resident filling out the maintenance card, which is available in the room and as we did, I was assured by reception that this would be passed to maintenance. Just replacing the tie backs would finish off the room nicely. And if the hotel is really busy then checking the hot tub on a more regular basis would also solve the problem of cloudy water. The breakfast was delivered but without a table within the room you had no option but to eat a full fried breakfast in bed. Just the addition of a small table by the two chairs or a coffee table by the sofa would solve this problem.

If you have a special anniversary or a special occasion and you want to push the boat out with just these small changes I would highly recommend a stay in the penthouse suites at the front of the hotel a must.

But I would just like to say to the Suncliff Hotel from two full time working - mothers, wife’s and grandmothers a very big thank you for an excellent, relaxing stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
The answer to your question is ....Yes, of course you should write a review on your stay.

Many guests these days are very quick to point out fault and not praise the positive aspects of their stay. This review Is one of the best I have received in a long time in the respect it praises the hotel but gives some constructive criticism we can use to improve our product for future guests.
It does sound like you got an amazing deal and upgraded to boot! The penthouses are a lovely treat and I am very proud to have them within the Suncliff. They are a very modern style and the views are amazing. (even better in the summer)
I am happy to see you enjoyed the entertainment and leisure facilities.
We are looking into the issues you came across during your stay and Things are sometimes missed as we are only human but once it is brought to our attention we do our best to rectify and/or help the guest in question.
Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this Hotel. Having only paid £89 for the 2 of us which included B&B,dorset cream tea, 3 course meal & a bottle of wine, I really didn't expect much at all. The room was spacious & clean, the staff were polite & attentive, the 3 course meal wasn't 5 star but was very good & breakfast was plentiful.All in all, Very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BangonNosher
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
BangonNosher

Our January deals this year have been our best ever, and just shows there are bargains out there if you look hard enough. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Suncliff and thank you for posting your comments supporting the Hotel and its Staff.

I hope you will come back to us in the future and maybe visit in the summer and visit Bournemouth’s amazing beaches.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

On Arrival we had no problems parking the car, was greeted by very pleasant staff. The hotel is very clean and all the staff are lovely. Was disappointed in the size of the double room which we had booked, there was less than a foot of space at the bottom and around the bed, we are not large people but I would imagine it being a struggle to move round the room if we were. Electrical plugs are situated behind the dressing table and bed so not the most ideal place. Bathroom was clean and plenty of hot water. It was very busy on the Friday night but in a good way, nice to see so many people enjoying the atmosphere of the hotel. We never used the swimming pool or sauna but from what we saw it looked fine.
Breakfast was good and was plenty of choice.
Location is good you can walk to the shops and the pier, took a couple of walks down the beach which I have to say is lovely with its little beach huts.

Room Tip: My only problem with this hotel is the room size.