“Great location, comfortable”

Ramada Encore Bournemouth
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Great location, comfortable”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a few days. There's on site parking (free) which is convenient when you don't want to park on the street. Also free wifi with a pretty good signal. The rooms are clean and quite spacious and comfortable with a good sized bathroom. There is a pretty good variety of food at breakfast and the restaurant offers dinner (kitchen closes at 9pm) which is good if you've had a long day and not in the mood to go far. About a 10-15mins walk from the hotel to the beach, shops etc which is quite pleasant. Also a 20 mins drive from Poole, which is very historic for all those who are interested. All in all a great hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Taetau
WestyBournemouth, Director of Sales at Ramada Encore Bournemouth, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We are very lucky with our location and I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We took four rooms for a family weekend in Bournemouth. The hotel is quite central, had good parking facilities and was clean and efficient. The rooms were 'minimalist' but were ok - a good bed, a decent TV and a wet-room, although storage was sparse. Breakfasts were self-service and good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pm46
It is good you enjoyed your stay and our signature hot and cold buffet breakfast. Perhaps sign up to our monthly newsletter on our website to get the latest offers.
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was our second stay at the Encore. We had a nice room, looking over a car park at the rear/side of the hotel so no traffic noise. The bed is very comfy (nice and firm) and the room is large with a good sized bathroom with walk-in wet room.Tea/coffee facilities are provided in room and the reception are quite happy to provide as much extra milk as you need. Air-conditioning is provided which came in handy as the weather when we stayed was quite warm.
We went out for breakfast (there are several Wetherspoon pubs in the vicinity) so didn't try the breakfast.
The only drawback to the room was the lack of a fridge/mini-bar. I would like to have chilled a drink before I drunk it.
Other guests were a little noise (inconsiderate) when coming in late at night (doors banging at 2 or 3 in the morning), but otherwise, a good stay and we would definitely use the hotel again.
P.S. Free parking provided and the hotel is about a 7 minute walk (down the hill) to the beach.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back or side to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PathManSlough
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, even though some other guests were a bit noisy. Its very hard to monitor this but our night porters are on hand if this was to get too loud.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The `Ramada Encore` is in Bath Road Bournemouth, only a short cab-fare from the railway station or five minutes drive from the main tourist entry route of Wessex Way, and five minutes down-hill walking distance to the eastern beach.
I chose the hotel by default as all other previously used hotels had doubled their high-season prices into the hundred-plus,- so wasn`t expecting much at £85/0 per room for two. - (I was wrong..)
Car-parking was simple, secure and free in the front, rear, or basement garage- (complete with lift to reception above)
The hotel staff were professional, and the hotel and rooms were well designed, spacious, crisp, clean. and quiet enough to sleep with the windows ajar, as the hotel is screened by mature `Cedars of Lebanon`
Generous modern wet-room shower, Room-refreshment facilities, television, wifi, air-conditioning, - and alternative feather pillows on request, were off-set by a not-so-soft bed-base.
Well-cooked full-English breakfast buffet was discounted from £10 to £8/0 if pre-booked,
The front dining room with-a-view was airy and spacious with a civilised alfresco verandah for smokers.
For an inexpensive short stay,- (a relative`s funeral nearby)- I rate this five out of five.

Room Tip: When booking, choose the direct hotel site.- The Ramada `Central-booking-site staff hail from Mars...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter R
I am glad you came across our hotel by accident and hopefully we will see you again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for the central location . It's ideal to walk to town or to the beach . The rooms are nice and I liked the wet room style bathrooms . Some of the staff however could definitely improve on their customer service skills . When I checked in at reception l asked for directions to the beach and town .The lady checking me in referred me to another gentleman who spoke better English . The gentlemen gave me directions but was very dismissive and looked most displeased when I asked him for a map . I chose to eat in the hotel when the food arrived it contained a pot of dried up coleslaw . I asked if it could be changed and it was . When the waiter returned with fresh coleslaw he said it tasted and looked bad as it had dijon mustard in it . The pot was much better so I had clearly been served yesterday's coleslaw . Finally despite there being no more than six customers in the restaurant /reception snd the staff were just chatting no one cleared the table for over half an hour . Overall I wouldn't go back again

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 493sarah
To be honest if I had received this kind of service, I would not go back either and please rest assured this is not our normal high standard and I will be speaking with my team about this.
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a one night stay with my sister. We stayed on a Tuesday night in school holidays. It was a last minute day before booking and were surprised we could find anywhere on all fairness so late on. Especially a brand known so well.

And we weren't disappointed!

We arrived at around 12 and went straight to the hotel as we wanted to find it and couldn't remember what time check on was. It was 2pm but they were happy for us to leave the car in the car park ( which seemed to always have space) and go off and enjoy our trip, we also did this the following day. Also the free parking is a big bonus. Some hotels in the area don't have any and 24 hour parking in local car parks is around £20.

This hotel is in a good location. Just a 10 minute walk to beach and shops etc. It is at the top of a steepish hill ( as is a lot of bournemouth) so if you have walking difficulties you might want to consider using the local buses.

After a couple of hours on the beach we returned to check in. The reception and bar/dining area is all one bright airy space. Check in was easy and went up to our 1st floor room. The room was clean and functional. It had a wet room Style bathroom. Which considering its locations to the beach is actually a great idea, as it's more practical for dealing with sand etc. the shower was good and the products in the bathroom were good and presented in a more ecological way.

The beds were comfortable and had 2 pillows per person and nice duvets. There was a TV with plenty of channels and of a big enough size. There is only minimal storage so for longer than a couple of nights this might be an issue but wasn't for us. There was a safe which is always useful. We didn't have much of a view ( building next door and some trees) but we weren't worried by this as it didn't have a balcony to sit on and in general we don't sit staring out the window! The room had air conditioning that worked well and wasn't noisy as we had it on overnight. We had a good nights sleep, and other than doors closing didn't hear any noise.

Breakfast the next day was nice. The food was constantly monitored and refreshed so was always hot and fresh. It wasn't a huge selection but was plentiful and well cooked. It included fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, tomato, bread and rolls, fruit ( which was lovely and fresh) yogurt, cheese and pastries. We didn't use the bar for dinner or for a drink in the eve as we got back late and decided to just go back to the room.

Staff were pleasant and polite in general. My only little problem was with a male member of staff. When we returned from dinner we wanted to get a couple of bottles of water and went to the bar where a staff member was gossiping with a lady ( I assume another guest or friend) we stood there for a few minutes unacknowleged until a receptionist realised he hadn't served is still and came to do it despite being in the middle of some paperwork. He was still gossiping.

Despite this I would stay here again for a short break. For longer breaks I might consider a hotel with a pool or rooms with more storage and possibly a small fridge, as weather was very hot and would have been good to have had more cold drinks in the room possibly.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank SarahJ863
I can only agree with all your comments and I will also speak to my team about your gossiping comment, it may of been a genuine situation but still I will speak with them. I hope you visit us again soon.