“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 12 Shopping in Bournemouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Took my friends 2yr old last week for her birthday she made a pot for her birthday - great service! Food great ! Service outstanding

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Smbt3

Poole Dorset
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Discovery”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and i discovered All fired up about 12 months ago, what a great place good fun for children and adults alike, where you can paint a variety of ceramics to any colour of your choice or design, there is also a in house cafe that provide an array of sandwiches £3,or Panini from £4.good selection of drinks Pot of tea £1.65 and you 3 out of the pot ,by the way the pot and milk jug are hand painted, that should give you inspiration to have a go and paint something yourself.All fired up is the heart of Bournemouth square a truly cosmopolitan place

Visited April 2013
2 Thank rookiesPooleDorset
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The only thing thats lets this place down is the staff.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I visited All Fired Up a few weeks ago and found it to have a wonderful atmosphere, great menu and had lots of fun painting ceramics, however the competency of the staff was some what of a joke. We went in and found a seat and chose our pieces to paint. After a while nobody acknowledged our presence, so I went over to order a tea and to ask about how it all worked. I was mesmerized watching 3 girls behind the counter all faff about, none of them seeming to actually accomplish anything at all except perhaps a few text messages. I was completely ignored so I had to actually say excuse me (despite having been standing waiting for near on five minutes). I payed for my tea and the lady serving me mumbled something unintelligible so again I stood not knowing whether it was table service, collection or what. 'So will you bring my tea to the table?' I asked,prompting her in her job, finding it hilarious that she couldn't even muster the energy to tell me to take a seat. 'Uh yeah'. And that was my welcome.

When my tea came to the table I asked the same girl do we help ourselves to paints? She mumbled something again like 'er hold on I'll....' and just wandered off. To our amazement that was the last we saw of her. We just thought well lets just get on and paint. Half an hour later I noticed a group of ladies come in, stand waiting, find themselves a seat, catch the incompetent waitress's attention and watch as she disappeared never to return. I watched as they cleared their own table and and helped themselves to ceramics and paints. I couldn't believe it.

I have worked in many jobs with the public and would never treat anyone this way. I don't think many would. It was like she just couldn't care less. Which is a big shame because apart from this, it would have be 100%.

Needless to say we had the same lethargic 'customer care' when paying at the end, having to watch her playing on her phone, aware we were there, just not seeing any good reason to help us. After speaking to friends who had also been there, they informed us they don't go anymore because of one particular member of staff and her crappy attitude.

I thought it be said as she has no place working with the public with an attitude like that, and I saw many people forgotten by her that day, yet no one said anything - so I am.

To the manager, have a look at your staff performance!

Visited January 2013
6 Thank jamhanger
Poole, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Love It”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Have been here a couple of times now, an evening date with girlfriends and then with my boys just before Christmas. Very friendly atmosphere where you can paint you own pottery and have some food and drink as well. Took my boys before Christmas to make some presents for the grandparents and it went down a storm. Saw a couple of student types who seemed to be designing their own crockery, looked lovely. Would recommend this to anyone - only one thing - you have to leave your artwork there for a week for it to be glazed and fired, apart from that - brilliant.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank Vincentsmum
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We all love it!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We first went there when my son was 2 and he did some handprints and footprints. He watched a little boy paint an elephant and then wanted to do his own painting! We go there at least once a year for presents or to keep.
The atmosphere and the activity itself are very relaxing. It is a little bit on the pricey side but... You get something to keep, you get your creativity going, etc.
Staff really helpful, cakes are gorgeous... View of the Gardens across the road but then you don't go there for the view! Perfect activity on a rainy day! It gets really hot on a hot day as they fire our chef d'oeuvres... To be picked up a week later...

3 Thank CKerry