Hotel Celebrity
$100
  • Beachfront
$111
$93
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$208
$136
$107
$98
$78
$74
The Green House(Bournemouth)
$143
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$157
$77
Priceline
  • Pool
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$74
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)
$100
$83
Priceline
1,333 results
All reviewssherlock holmesdavid bowiequirky hotelhotel inspectorcar parkrefurbished roomself servicefried breadexcellent value for moneybuffet stylebit datedwould stay againcooked breakfastcomfy bedtown centrethe ground floorbreakfast room
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed recently for two nights. Would definitely use again. The hotel is nothing special from the outside, inside however was much better. Check in was quick, professional and friendly. If you travel by car you are given a ticket to put in your car for the duration of your stay. Parking is free. The room was adequate, clean and with an adequate, clean bathroom. The bed was comfortable and free wifi is available, which works well. My only complaint is that the room was too hot for our taste, but perhaps that's just us as we do like a cool bedroom. A full breakfast is provided and was of very good quality with excellent service available from the friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ken R, General Manager at Hotel Celebrity, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Thank you Tom_Tiddler2013 for your lovely review, it is very appreciated!
After a few comments on the outside of the Hotel we have decided to Redecorate it during the summer season.
Thank you again for all the nice comments, we all look forward to welcoming you again soon!
For your next visit, please give us a call on 01202 and we will give you the best rates, the room you like (subject to availability) and a 20% discount for all the drinks you have when staying with us.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel has lots of good reviews, so perhaps it was just me but I didn't rate it. The outside is fairly grim but thankfully the interior is much better with the public rooms looking quite smart. My bedroom, Jim Carrey (not sure about the Mask staring at me all night!) was a bit tatty. Marks on wallpaper and bathroom really needed a good tidy up. I didn't enjoy being in the room at all but thankfully was at the BIC most of the evening being cheered up by Miranda (excellent show by the way). I put a chair in front of the door at night as it didn't seem to have any chain or bolt which made me a bit uncomfortable. Room had tv, tea and coffee making facilities and bed was okay if a bit soft and creaky. It was a bargain price and that was reflected in an extremely basic breakfast (didn't want full English, so it was cereal and toast - no yoghurt available). I guess you get what you pay for so I'm not complaining at the price but personally won't be going back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank XHarry

Dear XHarry, thank you very much for your valuable review, it means a lot to all of us at Hotel Celebrity!
We are aware the outside of the Hotel needs revamping and we will do so very soon, so to match the "quite smart" interior, thank you for the comments!
I'm so sorry you felt uncomfortable for not being able to lock the door with a chain or bolt, our locks are all new and safe, they lock automatically once shut and can't be open from the outside, unless you have a key; bolts and chains are not in compliance with fire regulations as they can impede a speedy exit in case of emergency, still very sorry you felt the need to put a chair in front of the door.
SOME of our rooms are in need of a makeover and this is reflected by the VERY competitive prices we offer, please accept our apologies if you were disappointed.
Our breakfast is very popular and consists of an "eat-as-much-as-you-like" buffet, shame you didn't feel like a Full English.
We are very sorry we...didn't do it for you and I hope we can make amend and offer you a more positive experience with us.
Please, for your next visit, give us a call on 01202 316316, I would be very glad to look after you personally and make sure you are given a refurbished room and make sure you have an enjoyable stay; we have done it before and quite a few of our regulars are guests who were not entirely happy with their first stay and yet, gave us a second chance.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have just spent four nights staying at the Hotel Celebrity on Gervis Road in Bournemouth and must say that it was a real pleasure.
The staff throughout the hotel were both friendly and helpful and the "help yourself breakfast" was excellent.
When I arrived there was a problem with the television in my room and so I called down to reception. I was told that someone would be up to see to it shortly and so I anticipated a wait of about half an hour or so. I was amazed when I had a knock on my door in less than 5 minutes. The hotel is undergoing a renovation of some of its rooms and the problem with my tv was due to a fault in the room below which was being worked on. The fault was repaired in about 20 minutes or so and therefore caused me no inconvenience at all. My Room (251) could do with updating and I guess that this is one included on the list. I did experience a little noise from the work being carried out below me on one day - but it didn't last for long. I do think however that It would have been better I had been advised that some renovation work was being done when I
booked but that's a minor point. My room was clean with ample storage and with tea/ coffee making facilities and was meticulously cleaned daily with fresh towels. The breakfast consisted of self service full English choices / cereals fruit juice etc and for what I paid in comparison to other prices being charged in the area found no reason to complain. The hotel itself is located in a quiet area with the shops, seafront and gardens only a short stroll of about 20 minutes away. I know that some people have complained about the outside (which could do with a freshen up) or maybe about some aspects of the rooms but you have to bear in mind that if you want 5* luxury, you cant expect it for what you are paying to stay here. If however you want a clean room, a damn good breakfast and don't mind strolling into town, then stay here.. For what you get, you don't have to pay a fortune and its well worth the price I paid...besides which, I'd stay there again anytime !!

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the car park which is relatively quiet being set away from the road. The hotel has only two floors and there is a lift so accessibility for anyone should not be a problem. All rooms have large picture windows which make the rooms light and airy
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you TPSBOB for your valuable feedback, it is very important to us!
We are all very glad to know you found us friendly and helpful and that you had an excellent breakfast!
We thank you for your patience with regards to our renovation programme that is planned to minimise disruption for our guests.
We are thrilled to know you will have no hesitation in coming back and we hope to see you soon!
Book direct on 01202 316316 and we will give you our best rate, you chose the Celebrity room you prefer (subject to availability) and we will give you a 20% discount voucher for all drinks purchased at the Hotel during your stay!
Many thanks again for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

One night stay with friends, cheap and cheerful, with friendly staff, the rooms clean and tidy, the bathroom was very clean, all tiles/grouting & toilet extremely clean, the room needed decorating, however, good clean/comfortable bed, and the perfect over night stay. Breakfast was good, the usual, cereals, juice, fruit, toast and good English fry up. tea/coffee. The outside décor needed a lick of paint, we had the Stallone room,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lasvegas2014

Thank you Lasvegas2014 for your feedback, it is very appreciated!
We are very glad you decided underlined the cleanliness of the Hotel, that "extremely clean" is a big reward to our lovely Housekeeping team that take pride in their job and have been working with us for quite a few years!
We will decorate the outside of the Hotel in the dry season (fingers crossed we will have a lovely, long, dry summer) and we hope to welcoming you again for your next visit in Bournemouth.
Sylvester Stallone does need a lifting (the room I mean, the actual actor has already had his fair share of makeovers :-)) and we will continue to upgrade our rooms in a non-invasive way.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed here for the first time on the 13th to the 14th of March for business.
The hotel itself was very clean and tidy. The bed was really comfortable which I wasn't expecting for the price!
The outside does need some work as it doesn't do the inside justice! I was on the 1st floor in room 120 - Bon Jovi. it was lovely and homely (apart from the ridiculously loud music right next door from workers). Big television with freeview. Free tea and coffee services etc. The full English breakfast was gorgeous!

Nice easy walk from the beach and the pier. Easy walk to the shops and 5 minutes walk from the train station/nearest supermarket.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Laura R,
Many thanks for your glowing review, it is very important to all the Staff at Hotel Celebrity!
We are all very happy to know you had an enjoyable stay, found our place to be clean, comfortable and that you have enjoyed our "gorgeous "breakfast!
We all look forward to welcoming you again in the near future for another "Very Good Value For Money" experience!
Book direct on 01202 316316 and we will make sure you get the best deal, a 20% discount card and the room you like!