Elstead Hotel
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
    The Suncliff Hotel(Bournemouth)
    • Beachfront
    All reviewsgym equipmentceiling fanbar mealssteam roomwell stocked bartrain stationkipperstrouser pressquiet streetbit datedleisure clubswimming poolpleasant hotelleisure facilitiesnight porterthree stargood size
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 28, 2014

First time on "Trip Advisor" but felt had to mention this hotel!!

Just got back from a remarkable weekend away staying at The Elstead Hotel, Bournemouth.
    Where do I start..... arrived with great service from reception Manager, told us all about facilities at the hotel, greeted at the same time by Assistant Manager, who made as feel at home straight away. He could not do enough for us over the weekend, what an asset for hotel!
    Visited bar which again was great service, had some food, which we all can highly recommend. (Try steak - very good value!!)
    Rooms where very clean, bit hot, but what do we expect with weather we are having in UK atm!
    Only about 10 mins walk to cliff tops, well 20 when you get to our age! Fire works on Friday night from pier where amazing!
    Restaurant - food was worth every penny, but did feel staff did not look tidy, girls not wearing proper trousers etc more like jeans and tight leggings. Restaurant manager seems to be too serious all the time, even with staff. We did try and joke but we dont think he understood.
    Function went really well, again with amazing food!
    Visit the gym on several occasions, nice pool , just correct temperature. Leisure club lads (James I think his name was especially!!) where very good, one did seem to chat too long to everyone (bit annoying at times) .
    Only a few tips for management here, mats needs a bit of clean and very hot in changing rooms, feels like fans not working!.
    Overall would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, great value for money and amazing staff .
    Thank you to Assistant Manager Tony and his team! What a great time we had!!
    We will 100% be back!!!

Room Tip: Speak to Assistant Manager, he will help as much as he can!! Great person!!
    • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
    GrahamPhillips, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear MtripUK
    Thank you for taking the trouble of writing a detailed and complimentary review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found our Team to be helpful and friendly. You have singled out some staff in particular and I will ensure they are all aware of your kind remarks.I have also noted your constructive comments regarding the restaurant and new standards will be adopted straight away. Thank you again and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Elstead Hotel on a future occasion.
    Kind regards, Graham Phillips

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Over all it was a nice stay but this hotel really needs some modernisation if wants to be a really 3 star hotel. Very nice staff really saves the place . Very close to the station and asda store but quite far from the beach and town centre.

• Stayed: July 2014
    GrahamPhillips, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Roselyni22
    Thank you for your review and I appreciate your constructive remarks. I am pleased to report that we are slowly making improvements to our decor in a staged programme of refurbishment so as not to cause disruption to the hotel guests and hope you will return to see the finished product. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff here at The Elstead Hotel. Regards, Graham Phillips

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are well equipped and hair dryer, and the usual tea/coffee/biscuits.

The decor is coming back into fashion with a very vintage style tile situation in the bathroom which I did really like! Although the mixer tap shower failed to work properly.

The staff are friendly and polite. Breakfast includes the standard English with hash browns.

There is plenty of parking. The location is central to Bournemouth and Boscombe.

The only thing that really let it down was the lack of wi-fi, it was offered and free but it was impossible to connect to with the signal strength dropping in and out.

Otherwise a perfectly comfortable stay.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
    1  Thank Family R
    GrahamPhillips, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Family R
    Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologise for the lack of Wifi. Good free internet access is very important for our guests so last week we were making some alterations to our Wifi system to strengthen and to make it more accessible. On that day we had to turn off our network router points for a short time during the transition. The good news is that our WiFi is now stronger and more reliable. Thank you for the great other comments you made and we hope you will return to The Elstead Hotel. Regards Graham Phillips

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Ive just returned from the Elstead today July 19th, I found the hotel, staff, room and food very pleasant.
    My room was 109 on the first floor and whilst the room was spot on the first couple of days there was a very heavy footed guest above, so I could hear the floor squeaking above me at bedtime but only briefly lol!
    However that is nothing to do with the wonderful break I had.
    The staff were lovely I don't all the names but the following I did remember, so if I didn't remember yours please don't be offended!
    Tony Assistant Manager
    Heather Reception
    Giga Resturant Head Waiter
    Chico hilarious morning and evening waiter
    Aga waitress
    Magda Barmaid and overall helper
    James Barman and gym assistant
    Edward waiter
    All of you were very polite and caring oh and I must say, and its no understatement, the breakfast is scrummy as is the 3 course Evening meal.I ate lorryloads as the staff will no doubt recall lol! REMEMBER THE ROLLS AT EVENING DINNER hahahaha
    I definately must mention the clean well equipped gym Swimming pool sauna and steam room which I used every day absolutely fab.
    Oh and by the way well done to all who took part in the charity rowing for Dorset Blind gud on ya!I will return so look forward to seeing you again, and all I can say to anyone reading this review:Try the Elstead you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: Choose top floor
    • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Conrad, Thank you for your great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate you taking the time to mention staff names, each of whom will be acknowledged. I note that you showed interest in our staff team entry for the rowathon in support of Dorset Blind Association so you will be plaesed to hear that we came 3rd! Thanks again and hope you will be back. Graham Phillips

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Small Hotel that belies it's smallness...a veritable Tardis. Spotlessly clean everywhere with spacious Lounges and Dining Rooms. Fine dining in the evening and perfect Buffet Breakfasts. My room 301 was perfect for a single guest...no room, in the room, wasted....great en-suite...and again spotlessly clean.

Close to all Transport systems and five minutes from Cliff views.

Bournemouth is as charming as ever, see Compton Acres and visit Corfe Castle, and this Hotel's welcoming staff are to be applauded always.

Anthony

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious.
    • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
    1  Thank Anthony K
    GrahamPhillips, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Anthony
    Thank you for your great review. Feedback is very important to us and we are delighted that your stay was an enjoyable one. We look forward to welcoming you back.
    Regards, Graham Phillips