“Very impressed.”

Ranked #123 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Very impressed.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel over the easter weekend and was very pleased! We left it late to book as it was a last minute trip. We needed 3 double rooms and we wasnt disapointed as staff wer helpful in getting us the double rooms instead of twin. We also had a 10 week old baby with us and staff couldnt be more helpful in helping carry the pram up steps and hot water for the dropped dummy with out even asking. As we had the baby with us we couldnt go many bars after a certain time but staff were wiling to keep the bar in the hotel open for us to have a drink in .

The rooms were very clean and we were all very impressed with our rooms and modern bathrooms. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others. Some reviews say that it is noisy but none of us experenced this. We were the youngest in the hotel ranging from 23-27 and the baby but guests in the hotel loved the baby and didn mind the odd time she cried.

All in all a very good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
Bideford
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed on valentine’s night 2013 on my own, as I was attending an interview the following day. The price of the room was great, was surprised it was so cheap! But when I got there I realised why it was so cheap. Upon my arrival I was asked to take a seat in the bar area, where I waited for over 10 minutes while the receptionist was on the phone, checked another couple in and had an argument with a lady who was maybe complaining about something. It then seemed to take a very long time to check me in, and considering he didn't tell me anything about dinner or breakfast etc (although I was on room only, it would have been nice to be informed) I am unsure how he seemed to drag it out so long. The decor inside and in the rooms is a little old fashioned, but that doesn’t matter it is only personal taste. I was in a single bedroom which was freezing! My radiator didn't come on all night; I used a small heater placed very close to my bed. I called down to reception in the hope of getting a mug, the gentleman on reception told me he was very busy and that he couldn’t guarantee anyone would be able to get me one, so I should go down to get one myself. I went to the bar to find the barman standing around doing nothing with an empty bar... Not sure why he couldn’t have done it for me. Although they didn’t have any anyway, surprising that the receptionist didn’t know that! Being valentine’s day my partner had some flowers delivered to the hotel, and when asking if they could be placed in my room before my arrival they said they would have to charge their room service price (maybe £2.50) so instead I had to carry all my luggage and some flowers to my room. Being a receptionist in a very well known hotel group in Devon, I am maybe a bit particular; however I have been taught customer service skills, and do not feel the staff at this hotel know much about great customer service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank WestcountryGirl323

Travelers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We only needed a room for one night as the drive back home would be more than 3 hours, we felt that the price we paid was decent. Whilst the reviews concerned us, all we wanted was a clean room to put our heads down for the night.

Before even getting to the hotel, we had problems, it clearly stated on the Expedia booking page and the confirmation email that my card would be charged on departure, it wasn't. The hotel took the money the next day. When I pointed this out to the hotel owner, he was exceptionally indifferent and said that it was Expedia's fault and when asked if he was going to speak with them he kept dismissing it as not being his problem. At booking, we had asked for a double, as most normal couples would, however as I challenged the owner about the card payment, he told the reception staff (who were in contrast quite lovely) to change the room to 215, when originally we had been given 306. I'm quite sure this was because I challenged him as he took great pleasure in telling me that they couldn't guarantee double room requests from bookings and that we were unable to have a double room but a twin instead. As there could have only been 4 other people in the hotel that night I knew what he was up to and couldn't be bothered to argue any more. I accepted defeat as I'd make sure prospective customers knew the hospitality to expect at this hotel and take heed of my experience before booking themselves, a mistake I made myself, it's a hotel with poor review for a reason!!!!

The rest of the staff employed here were all very nice, however it irritates me to give proprietors my hard earned money if they don't deserve it - which he clearly didn't. I'm not quite sure what the Hotel Inspector would make of the behaviour and attitude that I witnessed. I wouldn't dream of treating my customers like the way we were and I shall ensure that everyone I know is aware of my experience here as until the attitude of the owner drastically changes by improvement, I consider that people should spend their hard earned money elsewhere. At the end of the day we're in a financial crisis, whilst people accept that hoteliers are not in a position to modernise their establishments to adequate standard, you are able to overlook this if the quality of service compensates for this.

I have to say that the shower was lovely, but I won't return because of the shower as I'm sure there are many lovely showers in Bournemouth. Had it not been for the way I had been treated by the owner I would probably returned if I needed another bed for one night in Bournemouth.

But then I suppose I can only blame myself, as the age old adage says, you get what you pay for and I certainly did that!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank itsmissfitz
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend having viewed some of the not so good comments thought well its paid for now.we paid£79 for 2 nights and for what we paid we was quiet happy with the hotel. The room was a good size bathroom was big as well shower was great and it was clean.this hotel is well worth a vist but you can't please everyone staff nice as well we would go back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is the sixth year that I have organised a weekend at the Russell Court and once again it was a superb weekend. From the moment you arrive nothing is too much trouble for the management and staff to ensure that your stay is most enjoyable. This is a 2 star hotel with 4 star quality. The rooms are well firnished and comfortable, the Lounge bar and ballroom are most welcoming. The food is exellent and plenty of it. I have already booked the hotel for my group for 2014.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Saintes, France
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This isn't a 4 start hotel & doesn't claim to be. Don't be put off by some reviews. The room I had been modernised as has the restaurant though other parts of the hotel do need an upgrade. My single room though small was clean and did what was required at a price that can't be faulted. The breakfast was included and and also did what was needed. The hotel is very well located and has it's own parking. The wi fi is cheap and £5's worth lasted 3 days. Overall I'd use the hotel again if I was in Bournemouth.

Room Tip: My room at the front was a little noisey so lighter sleepers may do better with a room at the back.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
wombourne
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Again we enjoyed a long weekend break at this Hotel. The service couldn't be faulted, pleasant, helpful Staff and good food, nicely presented. We had a sea view room, recently refurbished, just lovely.

Room Tip: Never be afraid to ask if you have a problem with the accomodation as the management are very helpfu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends