Having stayed here for two nights in July we felt compelled to write a review.
I can honestly say that this hotel has the friendliest staff that I have ever encountered in a uk hotel .
We arrived in Friday and were show to our room which was clean (or so we thought ) and adequate , we had chosen not to pay £25 per person per room for a sea view room.
We spent the day out and came back to swim and use the jacuzzi , and so were disappointed to find out that it was out of order (the spa facilities were one of the main booking criteria) :-(
We dined out and came back to our room to retire , unfortunately on pulling back the bed sheets we were greeted by a pair of someone else's worn pyjamas !!
To be fair the management rectified the situation immediately with the manager herself changing our bedding at 1130 at night and providing a fan , for the room that was hot ,
If the pyjamas hadn't of been there though we would never have known !
The following night we were woken by fighting in the street outside by a wedding party that had held their wedding breakfast in the hotel , again , the same female manager sorted the situation ! Not the hotels fault , but when guests are asking directions to buy booze , and the wedding party was drinking their own alcohol in the car parks and outside hotel areas , do wonder if more restrictions need to be put in place !
Although we were apologised to for the dirty bed linen etc , i do feel that some goodwill gesture could of been extended , and were somewhat surprised to be charged £3 for a pot of tea as our final checking out bill !! The young suited reception manager and the female night manager were fab , but come on , sort out your teething issues !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good value hotel in Bournemouth which is renowned for its warm service and excellent food in spectacular surroundings – perfect for holidays in Bournemouth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Hotel And Holiday Apartments
- Riviera Hotel Bournemouth
- Riviera Hotel Holiday Apartments