1,914 results
All reviews the cottages sea view brasserie blanc stayed at the marriott junior suite outdoor pool leisure club the cliff leisure centre fantastic location parking space sea front steam room breakfast was excellent afternoon tea lovely room town centre
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Delicious meal with family to celebrate my birthday. Great service and food. I had an amazing sea bream for main course. We were in the private dining room next to the restaurant. Room is a bit noisy now the carpet has been removed. A rug might help to dampen noise levels. We went out on balcony for fresh air to finish drinks. A lovely end to the evening. Our waitress provided great friendly service.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2016

There were multiple problems with this hotel. Firstly the hotel has virtually no parking and provision for parking locally is terrible. Parking was added to our draft bill despite not parking at the hotel. The hotel service is poor and unhelpful, for instance housekeeping told us they had "run out" of firm pillows. The pool regularly ran out of towels and the changing rooms were left messy. The bedroom and other parts of the hotel were shabby, tired and worn. The bedroom itself was noisy with loud creaky floorboards, thin walls and disruptive noise from the room above. The bed is soft and the bath did not drain away properly. The only good points were the breakfast quality, the availability of a tennis court and the weather, though Marriott can't claim credit for the sunny skies.

Taken together, this hotel is absolutely not a 4* hotel and not one Marriott should be in any way proud of. The manager, despite hearing these points, did nothing about them, not the customer service one expects given the cost of the room and the brand name.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BournemouthMarriott, General Manager at Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Dear JezzaH9,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for our performance. I will immediately follow up with the relevant teams to ensure we learn from your feedback and take action where possible.

I would ask you to contact me directly prior to your next Bournemouth visit as I would like to try and entice you back to hotel so we can as a team redeem our performance.

Regards,

Hugh

Reviewed August 2, 2016

We just stayed one night...managed to find the last parking space...which I think would have been a big issue had we had to find somewhere on the street as on a Saturday night the whole area is very busy...hotel building is a little dated but everything else was great..check in excellent...big room ..very clean.. Staff all very courteous.... The bald barman was hilarious and introduced us to drinks and mixer combinations we had never had before...out door pool was lovely and warm..a real treat swimming outdoors in the sunshine...breakfast was nice. A good selection..I couldn't fault anything well done Marriott people we enjoyed our stay with you

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank paul t
Reviewed July 31, 2016

Liked the sea view from our room (023), however, whilst the room was clean, it was a little tatty and outdated. The room had tea making facilities, the hotel parking was very limited, and was an extra £72.00), to the £993.00 cost for our 6 night stay.
The staff were generally very polite and helpful, and the breakfast experience was great.
The hotel has 2 decent pools, and is very close to the beach and local night life.
So would I stay there again? Probably, but if I didn't get a room with a decent sea view, my next review might not be so flattering.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
BournemouthMarriott, General Manager at Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2016

Dear Dean H,

Thank you for your balanced feedback,

We are indeed lucky to have such great associates, wonderful location and great leisure facilities. Our hotel is scheduled for a full renovation in 2016 when the product will be refreshed and reinvented. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Hugh

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

Loved this hotel, amazing staff, great room and lovely food. We loved it so much we stayed for an extra night. It was clean and tidy all the staff are friendly and helpful, they all say hello to you, I really can not find any fault with this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple