1,910 results
All reviews the cottages sea view brasserie blanc stayed at the marriott junior suite outdoor pool leisure club the cliff leisure centre fantastic location parking space sea front steam room breakfast was excellent afternoon tea lovely room town centre
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2016

The Highcliff has comfortable beds, a nice pool and leisure center, beautiful views of the sea, courteous staff and an excellent breakfast room. My company provides shuttle buses to and from work, making it easy to choose this hotel whenever I have business in Bournemouth. Yes, some rooms are smaller than American guests might expect, but I find them similar in size to traditional rooms at the Parker House in Boston.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2016

We booked a last minute 1 night here as my husband had a meeting in the town. We stay at many Marriots and are rewards members. On arrival we were able to get free street parking right next to the hotel which was great. Reception staff and check in all went fine and we were allocated a lovely sea view room. However, the actual room itself has clearly seen better days. It was quite old fashioned and very worn. I understand these hotels must take a real bashing with so many guests in and out but as a 4* Marriot I expected more. As it was a late booking I went for the Marriott over another 4* as it was slightly cheaper and I though I would be fine as they are normally very reliable. We didnt go for the cheapest option, a hotel we have used many times in the past as their reviews were awful. The air conditioning worked very well, it was very hot that day, but was quite noisy. The internet was great and the actual facilities in the room good. We didnt eat in the hotel but the restaurant looked really nice as were the downstairs public areas. This decor and standard did not extend to the rooms though sadly. The lift should of been a warning to what the hotel was like form the 1st floor up! The position of the hotel was lovely, nice views and a lovely walk to the centre. I did attempt to sit outside the following morning whilst my husband was working but the furniture was very uncomfortable, dirty and full of cigarette buts. At one point I was asked to move as the gardener was there which i didnt mind but he didnt clear any of the mess up. I was joined by a couple of staff who clearly use the front as their smoking area. This hotel has a lot of potential and the staff I en countered where very nice but it needs an update to keep it in line with its other properties and to entice the more discerning traveller to visit.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank 422
BournemouthMarriott, General Manager at Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Dear 422,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel. I am excited to share that our wonderful iconic hotel will be renovated in 2017. The lift units themselves have a replacement program starting in July of this year. Until then all of us will continue to work hard to make every guest visit brilliant while maintaining core standards.

Reviewed June 13, 2016 via mobile

Great staff and service, with great views, but was very disappointed with the room and no sea view.

When you pay a premium rate you expect everything to be perfect.

The bathroom was tired and the floor tiles were loose which you could cut your feet on and the seat in the room was worn out on the arms.

Be warned about the parking it's an extra £12 per day.

However the whole breakfast was very good.

In summary, with other Marriott hotels I have stayed in, it's below average and needs an urgent refurbishment.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark46R
BournemouthMarriott, General Manager at Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2016

Dear Mark46R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel. You correctly highlighted the performance of so many of our associates who have a great passion for taking care of all those who visit our hotel. As you will have seen from other posts on this site we are excited that our wonderful hotel is scheduled for a full renovation program in 2017 which will address the issues highlighted in your post. Our lifts replacement program begins in July this year so it is truly exciting to see the inward investment needed to help reinvent this wonderful iconic property.

Reviewed June 10, 2016

Just back after spending five nights here on business whilst attending a conference at the BICC.As previous reviewers have mentioned the hotel is quite old and perhaps due a refurb. However this did not detract from our stay and the staff where always available and very helpful from the moment we arrived after a long drive down from North East England.
We did change our room as the original one (206) was not that nice and had no view whatsoever aside from a felt roof.Staff on the desk were on to the problem in a trice and moved us to room 227 in the Dorchester Wing of the building.This was a much nicer and better designed room.Overall we enjoyed our time at the Marriott but would think that it will be due for a refurbishment soon which will be a mammoth task.Would we stay again well yes is the answer the hotel is well positioned and has excellent staff.The service is good and the leisure facilities are top notch.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank britne
Reviewed June 7, 2016 via mobile

So we traveled early as we knew it would be busy on the roads. Turned up at the Marriott at around 8am so just on the off chance went in. Mainly to see if we could at least park the car as we knew check in wasn't till 3.
The receptionist said someone would call us when our room was ready. Considering they knew we was there so early our room was not ready till around 4pm. As you can imagine we weren't happy about it but having a 6 year old with us we had to keep her entertained. So the outdoor pool was perfect for such a hot hot day.
Lovely pool, not many sunbeds but a perfect view. After about an hour I went in the pool with my daughter and was disgusted. You couldn't see the bottom of the pool and the slime moving around you was in fact terrible. My daughter came home and ended up with a throat infection (coincidence maybe) they did close the pool but I felt it was much too late by this time.
ONCE we got the key to our room. It was quite nice but nothing to write home about. And they charge for wifi!!!!!! In this day and age I find that disgusting, and to want to charge nearly £15 for breakfast well you can imagine my answer to that as well!!!!
All in all I feel we could have stayed somewhere cheaper and got better service rather than paying £156 for 13 hours of rubbish.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kellycI7278AJ
BournemouthMarriott, General Manager at Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2016

Dear Kelly C,

I hope you daughter has fully recovered and is again feeling well. I am really frustrated that your visit was impacted by so many service issues within our control. I will sit with the relevant managers today to understand why we failed to deliver our promises and core standards. I sincerely apologize for our performance across your stay and would like to assure you of full follow up on feedback.