“Don't bother!!!!” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Knyveton Rd, Bournemouth BH1 3QQ, England   |
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Don't bother!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I came here to stay with my wife and 2 year old, well what to say.
Check in was ok. Room clean.
Bathroom very dated and I could piss quicker than what came out of there taps!!
Food was average for breakfast.
Tinned tomatoes is a big no!
Couldn't believe there was not really and service here!
Lots of rubbish around , cig butts everywhere!!
Playroom needed a big clean
Overall pretty crap for the money, I won't be returning here!!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank James H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Was booked into the Carrington hotel for Monday 28th July which I had booked through Hotels.com about three weeks previous, when I arrived at the hotel reception it was full of foreign students and after getting to the reception desk was told that they had no room at the hotel and i would have to go to another of their sister hotels Heathlands Hotel, bearing in mind it was raining at this point, and I had traveled down by train and got a taxi from the station to this hotel I was not best pleased to say the least then the receptionist just handed me a map with a X on whereabouts the Heathlands Hotel was. Not a great start to my break the very least the hotel could of done is emailed me or even telephoned me to say that they had over booked and I was now being sent to another hotel. The receptionist told me I would be offered 10% of the price for the inconvenience but when I checked in at the Heathlands they refused to honour this. The Heathlands did not have a pool and I think it is wrong of the Carrington to overbook when I had made a firm reservation just because they probably got a good rate for a load of foreign students. What made it even worse was I had rung the Britannia group a few days before and the guy on the end of the line had confirmed my booking obviously not.!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bestie1963
Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel needs a revamp. Parts of it were dirty but the dining area was nice. Breakfast is OK.
The room itself was quite big but with no AC. The room got quite hot during our stay.
To be frank, i didn't pay that much for the room however looking at some of the reviews the hotel is definitely not worth £100 per night.
We stayed with three children and we found that the hotel was quite a distance to the beech and 2km away from Bournemouth pier where all the attractions are.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank jo77701
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Umm... Its very reasonably priced, breakfast wasn't bad, and the pool was very nice.

That's as good as I can do. The rooms were unbearably hot due to the lack of air con. Undergoing major building works, however this wasn't all bad, as one of the builders stopped to direct me to the pool, something the hotel staff didn't think to do, despite me wandering round in my speedos looking lost.

The divan beds were comfy enough, however those of us blessed with the gift of sight were slightly scared by the stains that appeared on all four of the beds we had. I'm pretty sure my divan has seen either a birth or a death, possibly both judging by the colour and size of the staining.

Now, onto the showers. Our room's shower was a dribble, I've been spat on and felt cleaner. However I found an excellent shower in the swimming pool changing room, I took advantage of having a full power shower and was merrily lathering up when the maid walked in... normally this would have put me off my shower, but 4 days of sweltering heat and cr@p showers meant that she could have brought in the rest of the cleaning staff to watch and I still wouldn't have got out.

To be fair, it's so cheap it's hard to complain, however most of the guests looked so scarred by the experience that I think it's only for the most strong willed of traveler.

Room Tip: Cross your fingers
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Ian T
Maidenhead
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed at this place as a last minute internet booking this last weekend.
The staff were friendly enough but the state of the hotel was disgraceful. Ceilings in the hallways were torn down, the room was shabby,and not very clean, the shower curtain was filthy and the shower itself hardly functional. No air conditioning in the room on a very hot night, made it miserable, and all this for £149 + VAT a night, with no breakfast included! I was not alone in my complaints, others were vocalising as I checked out!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Tony J
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Whilst we enjoyed our stay (we like Bournemouth), the hotel is very tired.

With two kids, 4 and 6, we took advantage of a ballpond play area and the pool. Playroom was filthy and had not seen a vacuum in ages, as were the common parts. I mentioned thus to a lovely member is bar staff who took it upon herself to vacuum this area as hiusekerping 'were too busy'. Well done you!
The play area was fun but clearly needed a revamp. There were numerous holes in the netting and it looked battered. Bar is tired too. Bar and Reception staff very friendly and helpful though.
The room was stiffling as the window didn't open properly and if was very unpleasant. The hotel provided a fan but that didn't really help very much.
We took advantage of wi-fi in the room which was good. The shower was abysmal sadly, it was like being spat at!
I am glad for our weekend but I would not return before a renovation was undertaken.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kim S
Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Old hotel at modern prices.
Rooms are more than tired, very basic which is fine but for me a tad dirty.
Soap dishes still has the residue stains from others, the shower curtain was dirty, the shower curtain pole rusty. Windows were filthy, covered in moss. All these things gives the hotel a very tired run down look.
Rooms have no Air Con and no fans are provided. It was fine for me as I'm a cold person but not for my partner!
The area is a way out from town, which again for us wasn't a bad thing as the town is full of stag do.s and the pubs were the normal high street modern numbers no quaint seaside pub around that we found.
If you are happy to travel, Poole is the place to head.

Have to be honest really wouldn't return to this hotel, I don't feel we got our money's worth I would expect a lot cleaner for the price I'm afraid.

Sorry Carrington House you weren't for me but please note other readers I am fussy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple