“Good hotel”

Carrington House Hotel
Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here whilst working locally.

Check in was quick and painless. Rooms were of tidy size, the only downside was that add we were on 2ndfloor, all the heat rose up and rooms were warm even with the windows wide open.
Breakfast was ample for our hungry bellies. Best bit was crispy bacon.

Will stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013
GMCarrington, General Manager at Carrington House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank-you for your comments. I have congratulated my team on providing eaxactly what you were looking for during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Bournemouth.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and 2 children age 3 and 6 the night before going to Peppa pig world. Booked through Pautons website.
The hotel was easy to find and the car park is free. Check in was very quick and easy. Stayed in room 154. Sadly the lift the broken, but it was only 1 flight of stairs and a short walk to the room. Our family room was very large. 2 single beds plus a very large queen size. ( 2 large singles pushed together ) The bathroom was big with full bath and shower over the top. Probably the worst shower I have ever used in a hotel, literally a dribble. Also found it a bit disconcerting that they had a sign on the wall warning you about the water being brown at times but perfectly safe. As other reviewers had remarked it is in need of a refurb. A new bath panel and shower would have done the job, however it was all clean and in order. There is no air con in the rooms, however there was a fan. We also took a fan from home for the children. Our room had tea and coffee making facilities plus iron and ironing board. The iron was stored on the wall right above my daughters pillow. She could have easily smacked her head on it in the night especially when the fire alarm went off at 12 15am, then again in short bursts a few more times when they were trying to reset it. The alarm coupled with a very load band playing until 1am ( really? ) meant my husband and had the worst night sleep ever. We felt so tired in the morning. Thankfully the breakfast was fantastic. Great choices of full English, cereals, croissants, toast plus everything else. Really nice restaurant and very helpful staff.
If you are looking at this hotel, then I would ring them first before booking to check if they have a function on as it was so load I could hear every word of their rendition of Peggy Sue. ( It's not like you can ask to move rooms at midnight with small children and all your bags.) Not great when you have a long day ahead. It is very well located though as it was only a 10min walk to the beach. If it hadn't of been for the band playing all night until 1am and the fire alarm ( apparently a customer set it off) then we probably would have thought it was ok for a very short break, but not sure if I would chance it again. Sorry Carrington House but parents with small children are sleep deprived enough.

Room Tip: Ring before booking to check if they have a function on.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank-you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you did not get too sleep unitl late due to the functions. Unfortunately being a very busy function hotel this can sometimes be the case. We do request that the DJ's turn the music down from Midnight to aleviate the issue.

Please do come and see us again when you are in Bournemouth and when making your reservation please request a room in the Stour wing which is well away from the function suite. This will ensure you have a restful night.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have stayed in many hotels nationally and internationally and found this visit extremely pleasant, accommodation suiting its advertisement... Ie it doesn't pretend be anything it isn't.... it is a clean hotel with good food and most importantly for me, excellent customer care and well presented staff with very good and sincere service values...

This is evident in the exciting atmosphere that the Carrington manages to successfully create.

Perhaps some of the bigger chains could learn from this hotel.

Would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
GMCarrington, General Manager at Carrington House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank-you very much for your kind words. I have put this message on our staff notice board and have congratulated my team.

At the Carrington we pride ourselves on providing everything we possibly can to ensure are guests are satisfied. I am therefore very pleased we did exactly that during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Carrington House again the next time you are in Bournemouth.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was really worried, having booked a Groupon Voucher and then read the reviews for this hotel. I think people must have been staying in a different hotel !! We arrived before check in and Diago was welcoming and let us leave the car in the car park so we could wander off to town. Having had a lovely walk and a chill on the beach, we checked in and found our room to be mahoosive!! Lovely, clean, bright. The bed was comfy and following a disco nap and a shower we headed out again for something to eat. The hotel is a pleasant walk from both the beach and the centre of town. We slept like babies that night and headed to breakfast at 9am. Hot breakfast buffet was delish, lots of it, and a nice choice. The 2pm check out was a godsend as we were able to head back to town for a bit of shopping and got another hour on the beach. It was a lovely short break, and I would definately return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 83 was huge
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for your comments. I have passed on your kind words to my team. At the carrignton we pride ourselves on our cleanliness, service and ablity to provide what our customers are looking for. I am very pleased that we provided exactly this during your stay.

We look forward to wecloming you to the Carrington House the next time you are in bournemouth.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Firstly the hotel room was of a good size (room 88). It was basically clean and tidy, bedding and furnishings dated but adequate. The hotel does need a revamp but is ok for a few nights but not any longer. Breakfast was quite nice, very basic but always being restocked. Tables cleared quickly but whilst we was there it wasn't very busy at all. We didn't use any facilities in the hotel as it was only being used as a base, but always found a parking space. The staff we encountered were very professional and helpful. Would probably not return again though. I did think that there would be an hairdryer there at the very least, the iron and ironing board were a welcome surprise though, also beware the seagull fights on the flat roof attached at 4am, not a good wakeup call

Room Tip: Our room for 2 people was very well proportioned . Number 88. But no view at all
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for your comments. I am pleased we provided you with what you were looking for during your stay. We are going through a refurbishment currently so please come and see us again the next time you are in Bournemouth.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with husband and twin boys. First impressions were good. Friendly and helpful receptionist. The hotel décor in the hallways and bedrooms and bathrooms maybe a little dated, we found it to be very clean (always saw staff cleaning etc). The boys loved the bunk beds in the family room and although the "main" bed was 2 beds pushed together it was very comfy. The breakfast was great. Always got parked right outside. The hotel is just round the corner from lovely gardens which has a great park and crazy golf and you walk through these to get to beach. The hotel has a swimming pool which unfortunately was closed, a small indoor play area which was a hit with our boys and a football table.
The only issue we had was the noise from the girls staying in the room next door (constant opening and banging of the door) we rang reception at 12.30am and they dealt with problem straight away and was quiet for the rest of night and night after.
Great little hotel, friendly and helpful staff and great location.

Room Tip: We were in room 254 - good as at back of hotel so quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank-you for your cmments. I have passed on your kind words to my team.

We Look forward to welcoming you and your family the next time you are in Bournemouth.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hote inl June 2012 for 2 weeks on business. First thoughts on arriving were, looks nice, great location, this could be good. Check in was awful because the girl behind the counter knew nothing so once i struggled through that one i hit the bar. Drinks reasonable price but barman as useful as a a chocolate teacup and the same person will pop up again later.

Having my pint a had a good old look about and straight away i thought this place needs some serious attention on the decor front. Wall paper dated and peeling, carpets worn but it it was obviously a busy hotel from the coaches in the car park so wear and tear, fair enough.

A clean and tidy bedroom and bathroom which is a must or all hell would break loose with me and if was very satisfactory in this department

Every night of the stay there were new coach loads of tourists, English, Dutch, Japanese etc. which is ok but this meant getting a seat in the restaurant was a complete nightmare so room service or bar food was the way to go for me.

The food was ok and breakfast was a lovely full english or the other cerial stuff you'd expect. My main bug bear was the Receptionist who knew nothing and the same bar/waiter who told me on the Saturday night that room service was available until 9pm but to my amazement when i phoned downstairs at 8.45 the kitchen was closed but i could have sandwiches. Errrrr excuse me but what about 9pm. Anyway i ended having 2 packets of crisps and 4 pints for Tea.

After the first week i had gone through the main menu so on the second week i was eating the same menu again.

I don't want to put this hotel down too much but what seems to me is at that time of year it's very busy and it is under staffed.

A good bit of decor and a few more staff of which they know what they're going on about and this Hotel has great potential. I would stay here again but would be only a few nights.

This Hotel gets 3.5*