“One of the best Indian restaurants around”
Review of Joy

Joy
Ranked #263 of 788 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Joy Restaurants, we are an independent group of Quality Indian Restaurants in Bournemouth, Ferndown, Wallisdown and Southbourne.On opening my first restaurant Ferndown Spice at the age of 22, my vision was to bring contemporary dining to Dorset and become the best in the area-not just a curry house! The group expanded in 2003 with the addition of Jidan Taj and in 2011 our latest restaurant, Joy.Our aim is to provide you with a unique, enjoyable dining experience with delicious range of diverse innovative Indian/Bangladesh dishes full of flavour.All our dishes follow the philosophy of healthy cooking, and cooked to order with traditional methods using the freshest, finest ingredients and well presented. Enjoy a cold Indian beer with your meal or a glass of something from our extensive wine list. Delectable desserts provide a fitting end to your meal.All our restaurants are designed for you, with comfort, luxury and good value in mind. Enjoy our contemporary relaxed surroundings and exemplary friendly service.Wonderful hospitality and consistently outstanding Indian cuisine, where discerning diners return time and time again.Martin MiahProprietor
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We are regular visitors to Joy restaurants and have never been disappointed by the food which is tasty and well cooked. We recently tried the new Tapas menu which is being served every Tuesday and found it to be very enjoyable, We needed guidance from the staff as to how much to order and they were happy to do so, ensuring that we did not over order and end up with too much food.
Martin the owner of Joy was in the restaurant that evening and he explained that although most people think of Tapas as Spanish, in fact Tapas originated in India, (they are also called Tiffin boxes), thank you for the history lesson Martin!
I definitely can recommend Joy's Tapas and we will be back very soon for more!

I also want to comment on my disquiet over a couple of the earlier reviews from people claiming they suffered food poisoning from Joy. It does not appear that either of these reviewers were actually diagnosed with food poisoning which can only be carried out by your doctor or at a hospital. One reviewer claimed food poisoning set in after one hour of eating the food which is practically impossible, food poisoning is more likely to set in after 48 hours but can take up to 10 days to appear after eating, it is incredibly unfair and very damaging to accuse Joy (or indeed any restaurant) of causing food poisoning if it has not been confirmed, I think these reviews need to be removed!.

1  Thank Sue11
Martin M, Host at Joy, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

We appreciate you for recognising our hard work. The team works very hard to bring all our customer the ultimate dinning experience, it's our our knowledge and passion makes us one of the best.

Trip adviser is a source to get some feed back and we welcome constructive and honest feed back, however we thank you for pointing out that not all are very responsible reviewers.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I visited JOY this evening this is my favourite Indian restaurant in the area the food is always of a very high standard Khaliid and the staff are always very attentive and you are always guaranteed a warm welcome Tonight I went with a friend and we both had the buffet menu great value at £12.99 you are able to choose from a list of starters then main course plus accompaniments it was all freshly cooked and beautifully presented drinks are extra we thought this was excellent value visit this restaurant you won't be dissapointed

Martin M, Host at Joy, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

It's a exciting concept from Joy, buffet freshly cooked to your order and open all day Sunday. Like you mention Joy quality remains in the heart of all our food and that's what makes us one of the best restaurants.

Have you tried our Tapas? Every Tuesday we have a 3for2 on our tapas dishes.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Me and my wife went to have dinner at joys restaurant yesterday to try for the first time. We did order one veg and one non veg dish. Food wasn't well cooked and nobody came and asked how was the food. After eating at this place we both are very poorly and got food poisoning. We got really disappointed. Won't be visiting again.

1  Thank William M
Martin M, Host at Joy, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

We take such allegations very seriously and ask you to get in touch with us to discuss your issues. Joy Restaurants has been awarded the maximum 5 points for excellent food hygiene, you may look this up on the councils website.

We work hard to provide the best possible experience and it concerns us when we fail to our high standard.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went to this restaurant last Thursday and thought it looked clean and modern and would be a "joy". I had a nice starter but my main course was terrible. I like to have the Tandori mixed grill which they call a "special sizzler". I have never heard such a inaccurate description in my life. Every Indian I have been to bring it out on a very hot skillet still steaming and sizzling. This one came out already on the plate luke warm and the meat was tough. It was very disappointing. It was the worst one I have ever had. They should be fined under the trade descriptions act using "sizzler". It didn't even taste that good never mind the temperature. I wouldn't want to go there again.

1  Thank Martin H
Martin M, Host at Joy, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

We have taken your comments on board and will be removing the term "sizzling" from the description. We have many retuning customers and can assure you that we are one of the best, would like to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have visited Joy Restaurant in Charmister, Bournemouth on at least 10 occasions now. I can honestly say that I have never found one cause to complain. Even during periods of special offers/deals (such as Sunday buffet) the food never fails to remain of high standard. The menu is varied and the food has always been consistently fresh, hot and well presented. Added to this the staff are always helpful and attentive.
I would say to anyone considering this restaurant "go find and enjoy"!!!

Martin M, Host at Joy, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

We want to be the best restaurant and feel very proud when we receive a five star.

I would like to take this opportunities to thank the team at Joy, and thank you for highlighting for our high standard.