“all you can eat but freshly cooked”
Review of The Fountain Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

The Fountain Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I shy away from "all you can eat Chinese " restaurants normally as I really do not care for the "trough" style arrangement where the food is kept warm and topped up on occassion and everyone can hve a dip into the container.
Its not that i am a snob about it ,i just dont like the idea of reheated food being kept in the open with fresh food being ut on top of it.Well,the Fountain cooks all the food fresh for you and the staff are very attentive even at busy times.The menu is fairly extensive but the really impressive bit is that if you dont see what you want they will attempt to make it for you as part of the fixed price menu.I requested a Chiken Mushroom soup and my partner wanted a beef curry,neither on the menu but both made with no fuss at all.The owner is delightful,a warm welcoming person who really cares that you have a good time. Well worth the money and if you havent tried it I urge you to give it a go

2  Thank john b

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Food is excellent and the definately the best in Bournemouth. (I've tried them all.) All food is cooked fresh to order and you can order as much as you want. Unfortunately position is not good as it's above an empty shop so easily missed.

3  Thank Pansy51
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Surprised to read the previous review which stated that it's a "closed down boarded up restaurant". We ate there tonight! The reason for the confusion may be that it sits above a shop which is currently vacant.

The food and service were excellent.

2  Thank BournemouthDad
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Read the Bournemouth guide on eating out, My wife & I took a taxi to the Fountain as we booth enjoy Chinese food. Surprise, surprise we find a closed down boarded up restaurant.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I used to love this restaurant and have been here a few times. I like the fact that as a buffet restaurant, there is not buffet or long queues and that the food is brought to the table for you.

Like I said, the food is quite nice. Not amazing but decent chinese "takeaway style" food. Great restaurant for a group of friends before going out. Or perhaps a work night out.

Service is TERRIBLE! Almost every time I have eaten here, the service seems to get worse.
Staff turn their noses up when you ask for something perhaps above the norm. My friend is allergic to nuts, so on one occasion we asked that the satay sauce was brought out seperately. When it was not and we sent the food back, we could literally hear shouting in the kitchen and were ignored for the rest of the evening.
Another time, we were in the restaurant with another 2 groups of parties until a little after 10:30, staff would continuously walk past and tut. Staring across the other side of the room, just pure ignorance and very uncomfortable.

Their aim is to get you in, take your money and get you out as soon as possible. There is absolutely NO passion for customer service here.

I would recommend if you don't care about service and just fancy a quick chinese before a night out. Definitely do NOT come here if you're expecting a nice meal with a partner!

1  Thank Sn26