“Good value for money.”

Ranked #536 of 778 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Neptune Harvester in Boscombe food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Boscombe, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Bournemouth, Christchurch and Charminster, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I like Harvesters because of the salad bar. This was a great place because it overlook the beach and we got a sea view.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Your typical harvester. Food was pretty much average. I had the chicken while not anything to rave about. I did not leave hungry which says something. Although that was pretty much due to the salad bar. If you want a quick meal for reasonable and you have a family this is good value for money. We went in October so it was not busy. I expect in the summer it could get quite busy as it is right on the beach opposite the Boscomb Pier so probably the most convenient restaurant in the area.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Food was good when we needed a quick meal on a busy day, and good value for money. The place wasn’t crowded when we ate there, and friendly, good service from staff. Happy customer here.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Not having visited a Harvester pub before to my knowledge, we accepted the invite reluctantly. Initially our opinion on the venue was marred by the somewhat sad seating in the public bar area, however as we had arrived early, we had a wander around and found that the rest of the restaurant was really quite well presented. The bar staff were friendly and very helpful, when we told them that we were part of a larger gathering one lady said that she would come get us from the public bar when our hosts arrived, which she did and we were soon with our friends chatting around the table reserved for the Birthday boy.

We were not in any way hurried and after sampling the salad bar which I found quite interesting in the variety on offer and quantities, we ordered our meals from an albeit standard menu.

My partner and I opted for the Lamb and when it arrived with our individual selection of vegetables and "sides" we were pleasantly surprised that it was a delicate pink and very succulent, something very rare if you pardon the punn in some restaurants.

The rest of our gathering ate and chatted at a leisurely pace until we all were finished our meal.

Altogether an experience which at first was regarded as somewhat strange but in the end turned out quite well indeed.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I decided to treat my son and grandsons for breakfast on Saturday. We are all locals and as we had children with us I thought the Harvester would be more appropriate for the chldren than the Urban Reef further on. What a disaster. Whilst you don't expect too much from a Harvester you should expect some service and edible food.

When ordering our breakfast, I started with the milk shakes and the barman insisted on preparing all the shakes, hot chocolate etc before he would enter the meals into the till. We then had to wait 40 minutes for the food to arrive and even my grandson who is not a fussy eater, nor is he used to gourmet food refused to eat his burnt sausages and revolting looking scrambled egg.

I love living in this area and enjoy taking visitors out and about but will never subject any of them to this dreadful place and was embarassed to have suggested we meeet there. It is in such a prime location I cannot understand how the Harvester chain can allow it to be such a poor example of their brand. For goodness sake walk a few more steps and go to Urban Reef.

1  Thank Buddy3567