“Excellent 5 day break in a great resort.”

New Westcliff Hotel
Ranked #50 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed December 16, 2013

It was 3 years ago that I stayed at the hotel. This time we had a 5 day special break, half board. There have been quite a few improvements since our last stay. The staff are helpful and the food is good. Our room was well decorated but the furniture was a bit dated. The beds were comfortable. After talking to other guests I guess room quality is variable. They seem to value their guests and encourage them to come back. We did.

Room Tip: Room 10 is nice but can be noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank coopermanloose
Paul H, Manager at New Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you approve of our new updates which are continuously in progress so hopefully next time you come you will see further changes.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

lovely hotel within easy walking distance of the beach an town centre. The hotel has had major refurbishment works and the results are outstanding. The food is excellent and the service first rate. All the staff are friendly and make every guest feel important and welcome. The hotel manages to retain the staff so on return visits there is always a friend on reception to offer assistance. With the added bonus of swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and the small cinema plenty of things to do if the weather is not at its best in the grounds there are pleasant seating areas and a bowls green. The lounge has a large selection of books and games for guests use all eventualities seem to be covered.. Looking forward to our next stay

Room Tip: There are some slightly smaller rooms so always ask what upgrades are available as in addition to th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul H, Manager at New Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Glad you had another lovely stay with us and enjoyed all the facilities once again. Hope you had a great Christmas and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We have just returned from another enjoyable break at the New Westcliff Hotel.
It is always nice to be remembered by friendly staff on arrival, which was a good start.
Our room was clean and aired ready for our arrival with tea and coffee making facilities available.
I noticed the progress being made for the refurbishment and it seems to be coming along very nicely indeed,
I wouldn't like to pay for what has been done so far and dread to think what the price to stay here will be when completed !!
As ever, there was a varied choice of food and was up to the standard of some high class London hotels.
The staff were efficient, polite and as helpful as could be.
There was entertainment laid on each evening and the leisure centre was available but on this occassion we were there for a 'rest' so preferred to take a leisurly stroll each day on the nearby West Cliffs and relax the rest of the time.
Some of the other guests took the short walk to town and did some pre christmas shopping but I preferred to just sit back in the comfortable deep leather chairs in the lounge and listen to their exploits :-)
We are looking forward to another trip to the New Westcliff Hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Some rooms are small, which would suit a one night stay, but if there are any other rooms available...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ETMcC
Paul H, Manager at New Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay once again and approve of our refurbishments so far. I will pass on your comments to the chef and the staff.
Hope you have a good Christmas and look forward to welcome you back in the New Year.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We've just returned from our second visit to this hotel and will definitely go again. It's warm, clean, comfortable, the food is excellent, the staff are helpful and welcoming, the leisure facilities offer a good alternative if the weather isn't good enough for walking on the nearby Westcliff or into Bournemouth, and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening entertainment. Alot of the other guests had stayed there several times (as we hope to), and I think this speaks for itself. The 'Turkey and Tinsel' season had just begun and the hotel was very nicely decorated. On the 'Christmas Day' and 'New Year's Eve' evenings, the dinner tables the tables were lad with crackers, streamers and paper hats, and every guest had a gift. A nice touch! We hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Although we didn't see it ourselves, we spoke to a couple to were in a newly refurbished 'su...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul H, Manager at New Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

We wish to thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we are delighted that you found the Hotel clean & comfortable.Im pleased you enjoyed the food & the facilities & we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my mother-in-law, she has stayed at the hotel many times over the years and gets on well with the staff at reception and really enjoys her visits. I found the staff to be very friendly, the hotel rooms were clean but the en suite facilities were tiny although sufficient. I really enjoyed my evening meal which was very tasty. I understand that the hotel is slowly being upgraded so it is a work in progress. There was a flat TV screen in my room and all doors had been replaced. I have only given this an average rating but if it were up to my mother-in-law it would be "excellent".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Paul H, Manager at New Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your review we are pleased that you enjoyed the food & the facilities the Hotel has to offer.On behalf of the Management & Staff we would like to wish you & your mother-in-law a Happy Christmas & a Fabulous New Year.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just had a night here on a Saturday, given the wrong room had booked a superior, ended up with a family room after changing rooms, very noisy, no lamps in rooms very basic breakfast was very small but staff were good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Richard C for your comments.
I am sorry there was a misunderstanding in your room allocation but pleased we were able to sort it out straight away for you and had the availability to upgraded you to a family room. I am surprised that you found the room was noise especially with our newly fitted doors, but thank you for your 3 stars and hopefully we will be seeing you in 2014.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have just returned from a stay in Bournemouth , I lived in the town for many years and moved away 15 years ago and this was my trip back since then, I chose to stay at the New Westcliff because I new a previous and owner and had worked here as an entertainer many years ago I didn't know what to expect but I was more than pleasantly surprised , it still is a lovely hotel much improved since my last time here the staff are more than efficient, courteous and helpful especially eddy the receptionist my room, room 11 was really nice and well appointed had everything I needed for my stay, the breakfasts were more than ample and very tasty, well presented and served by the staff, I am a very tough customer to please simply because I have a guesthouse in Blackpool and I know what to expect as regards to customer service and everyone here did not disappoint, an excellent job extremely well done! Thank you guys I won't be looking for anywhere else to stay on any of my future visits.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TheAvenueGuesthouse

Dear Chris, It was with a pleasure to read your comment you posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us. For us this is the best reward to our daily efforts: to see that our guests are satisfied and that they would like to come back. Thank you for your loyalty and really hope to have the chance to welcome you again in our hotel.