“Great Stay, lovely hotel, helpful staff”

Norfolk Royale Hotel
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Great Stay, lovely hotel, helpful staff”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed 22nd November, made use of Peel Gold Voucher, Dining room was being refurbished, but staff made efficient use of function room. Breakfast was relaxed and attentive. Dinner had a good choice as standard and even more choice from a la carte, all cooked nicely. Room was warm. Location is superb for walking into bournemouth town, the seafront, NIC and Pavillion. We will return, when dining room has been finished.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The bubbles were not champagne. Tea was nice, cakes. Actual venue was bleak. I would never return. There was 4 of us and we all felt it was average. Groupon so half price, perhaps that was the reason for the cutbacks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank sarahsouthbourne
Somerset
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife, myself and a group of friends stayed here recently. I would have preferred to rate it 'Good' rather than 'Very Good' - but 'Average' makes it sound worse than it is! The hotel dining room is being refurbished which made life difficult for the staff. However, dinner was 'Very Good'. The breakfast was 'Average' - not hot - but that was probably because the smaller dining room that they had to use was under a lot of pressure. The rooms were fine - but in a Four Star hotel I think that water should be provided rather than only available in the mini bar at some cost. The rooms on the side of the hotel suffer from some noise from the road outside but this is a town center hotel and so noise must be expected. The staff were 'Excellent'; the Restaurant Manager, a German lady, was particularly effective in difficult circumstances.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't adjoin the road.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We booked this hotel on line at a really good online price for two adults and two children. We liked the location and the fact that it had a swimming pool and wi fi. We checked in an hour early before checking in time and they didn't mind at all. We were shown to our lovely family room that was very clean and comfortable. However I found that I did not have wi fi which I really needed as I had a project that I wanted to get finished. I spoke to a very nice receptionist names Georgie who was extremely helpful in sorting us out another room that turned out to be a suite which was amazing. Her manner along with another member of staff were amazing . Just me asking them nicely was enough for them to sort us all out. We will defo be going back to this hotel and would certainly recommend this hotel for a good location near the beach along with a nice swimming pool (even tho it was a lot smaller than the picture) and very friendly staff right down to the caretaker who was polite helping us to gain entrance to the Channing rooms

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Nice pleasant hotel - but the rooms are freezing during winter as the heating does not work.

The service is absolutely brilliant but the breakfast is VERY rubbery.

Room service - always forget items!

Very slim quilts

Needs to have more attention on the breakfast - its very rubbery.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend in October as a lovely birthday treat from my parents. They payed for a lovely room with a balcony, but when the hotel found out it was my birthday they upgraded us to a massive suite with a spa bath, a four poster bed, a sofa and arm chairs. It was so lovely! We had a corner room so had four windows in different directions, one of which faced onto the main road, this didn't give us any problems and it was lovely and quiet!
The hotel is perfectly placed and it takes less than five minutes to walk into town or to the bars and clubs. We had drinks in the hotel bar in the evening and the service was faultless, our waiter was a lovely young man. The staff generally were fab. Extremely polite and helpful.
When we went down for breakfast in the morning, we asked for a hot chocolate to break the tea or coffee tradition! it took them about ten minutes to track down the hot chocolate as they "lost" it! But when it arrived, it did so in huge posh glasses with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles on top - we felt so spoilt! The breakfast itself was brilliant, a huge selection, very satisfying. Again, all the staff were brilliant.
Literally nothing I can fault about this place. Would go back in a heartbeat.
You made my birthday a very memorable one. Thank you very much! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louise L
London
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel does benefit from being very central, but if you get a room facing the main road, you'll be listening to buses and drunk students up to about midnight, and then buses and hungover students from 6am the next morning.

My first room had a problem with the electrics so I was upgraded to a much larger and comfortable room along the hallway, well done to the management to reacting quickly and positively.

Car park is free and behind the hotel, although for my 4x4 the entrance and exit is extremely tight.

Breakfast was a let down, I was 'greeted' (no, not really, I was 'met') by a very grumpy eastern european lady, who made me wait at the door while she sorted out some needless detail. She asked me if I wanted tea or coffee, I chose the latter, then waited 5 minutes while plenty of staff milled around not bringing it. I tried to flag down Mrs Grumpy, who rather than come to my table to see what I wanted elected to shout across the restaurant that my coffee was indeed arriving from somewhere. Dreadful. The food itself was excellent, shame about the poor attitude and lack of customer focus.

I'll be trying the Premiere Inn next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business