“Good Value”
Review of Oceanarium

Oceanarium
Ranked #7 of 76 things to do in Bournemouth
More attraction details
Owner description: The Oceanarium is the perfect all weather attraction - discover the mysterious beauty of our watery world in a spectacular underwater journey. From stunning sharks, curious rare green sea turtles and brightly coloured clownfish, to menacing piranhas, venomous lionfish and the weirdly wonderful octopus – they are all waiting to be discovered!Experience the world's first virtual Interactive Dive Cage and take a magnificent adventure without getting wet.... Then discover the interactive Global Meltdown to unveil the potential effects of climate change. Be enchanted by two very cute Oriental small clawed otters, watch them swim, splash, feed and play in their exotic, naturally themed oasis.Open daily from 10am. Closing times vary throughout the year – please check before visiting. Closed Christmas Day. Tickets valid all day with nine daily feeding presentations.Book tickets online to make great savings.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went on a rainy winters day. We were really pleased with the value for money and the variety of fish and animals to look at and learn about. the staff were very knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions. I really enjoyed the feeding of the sharks and turtles. Not as big as other aquariums such as the sea-life center, however for the money its fantastic.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently took a trip to Bournemouth. Both in our 20's we had not been before, so decided to take to the Internet to find things to do. The oceanarium seemed an obvious choice (the choice is pretty limited to this or a
giant balloon on a string), so on our second day we headed off down the bean to pay it a visit.

To be fair, it is very cheap (around £10 or less per person) and from the outside you can tell it's not going to be spectacular. I was actually very pleasantly surprised!

There is a lot more than you think there's going to be, and I imagine if you were taking small children you could spend hours there answering many 'what's that?'s.. The morning otter feeding was cancelled (and that was the bit I was most looking forward too - boo!) but we still had a great time peering at them through a little peep hole in the wall.

It is great value for money and definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

A great way to spend a couple of hours - tickets are a little pricey but I did love the large turtles and you can keep going in all day - not sure if you would but there are feeding attractions during the day. Perfect if it is raining.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Waste of time and money, I would have expected at least twice as many exhibits.

Small tanks, not many species.

Might have been good a while ago, but in this day and age you could do so much better.

1  Thank outsidehalf
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The Oceanarium is quite small for the price - if I'm honest we were in and out within 45mins-1hr. The staff are very friendly and informative, but for the same price there are a lot of other attractions in the area that offer better value for money.