The Queens Hotel
$155
$104
Tudor Grange(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$87
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$118
$66
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$75
The Green House(Bournemouth)
$166
$92
$84
Best Western Hotel Royale(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$66
  • Pool
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$159
$73
Priceline
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
$92
Priceline
  • Beachfront
1,560 results
All reviewsboot campevening mealthe clifftown centrebootcampdiscocoachpier
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Been to this hotel three times now, the food is BRILLIANT, rooms are in need of a slight refurb (bunk bed part was broken) 1 minute walk to the beautiful beach, lovely spa and gym BUT the pool is quite small and needs a refurb, overall great place

• Stayed: August 2012
DanielMarshGM, General Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Hotel.

I am pleased you had a positive experience with us. I have passed your kind words on to the team.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We bought a package deal for this hotel for one night, with drinks on arrival, dinner and wine, breakfast and access to the spa.

We should have researched a little more. On arrival at the hotel it became apparent this is more of a retirement home than a hotel! In our 30's, we were one of what appeared like 2 couple of that age in the hotel...with everyone else clearly 70+.

The location of the hotel is ok...near the front but a taxi ride away from town.

Dinner was fine (albeit we felt a little conspicuous dressed up in comparison to everyone else!). Food was actually the highlight as it was really really good.

The room was incredibly dated....it had everything you needed but was clearly in dire need of a revamp. The floorboards above is were terrible and we were woken at 6am by the people above and it was really noisy from then on in.

It's not a spa...as such....unless you actually book for a treatment it really just a dated swimming pool with small steam room and sauna. The changing rooms need desperate help.

Staff were friendly, though alot were foreign.

For what we paid...it was probably what I should have expected...but it wasn't and I was disappointed!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
7  Thank Jen3321
DanielMarshGM, General Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We are lucky enough to appeal to a wide variety of guests of varying ages and desire to visit. I don’t judge a book by its cover and feel the richer for it.

Especially with the lighter evenings many of guests have a gentle walk into town; to a café, art gallery or restaurant. I always advise walking along the top of the cliff and down through the gardens which takes no more than 10 minutes.

I am pleased you found the food favourable and staff friendly. I have passed your kind words here on to the team.

There is a gap between your perception and expectations, and I am sorry that we could not do more to bridge the difference.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed with my daughter for one night last weekend (Saturday). I had booked a family room and we got what we expected - a double bed and a proper sized single bed, which after last year's experience (in London) was very pleasing!!
The room was clean and comfortable although could have done with some updating. We didn't have a view (but I never expect one). The breakfast (buffet) was perfectly adequate and we did make use of the waitress service to request poached eggs - which were cooked as requested.
We were particularly pleased with the staff members whom we met. The apprentice Suzi was a lovely girl and very helpful. Duty manager Carol was a delight also. They are very enthusiastic with exactly the right attitude to guests and seemed to really enjoy doing what they do. They are a credit to the hotel trade.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsMiggins17_12

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Hotel.

I am most delighted you had an enjoyable visit. Thank you picking out Suzi and Carol, who are both excellent members of the team.

Please do come again, as it would be a pleasure to meet you.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We visited with our elderly parents. The reception staff were neither welcoming or helpful. First room had no bathroom light. Second room was dirty, pant liner stuck on the wall and the glass was missing from the door spy hole which meant anyone in the corridor could look in. Third room ok but it took over an hour to get sorted going up and down to reception and moving luggage about. We were told the reason for poor rooms were due to a previous large student party who had just left. Why rooms were not checked by 2pm wad not good, Roosevelt's of glasses and bottles on the corridors. The food however was first rate and restaurant staff were fantastic, disappointed after the meal that the bar closed before 10.30.

Room Tip: Look at the room before taking luggage up.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AnnieCNottingham

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Hotel.

I am appalled that we let you down by not assigning an appropriate bedroom on arriving. I am sorry for the bedrooms not being ready and the time wasted.

Thank you for being patient while this was being resolved.

I can assure you the front desk team are better than this, and what you experienced, however unfortunate, was an isolated incident – for which there is no excuse.

Thank you for your kind words about the food and restaurant staff that I have passed on to the team.

One final point, for residents the bar is open throughout the night. It may be closed from a cash basis and unless there is a party great demand, from around 11pm. After such time residents can charge drinks to their room account.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location, with great views of the ocean, ideal for a weekend break. Room was clean and tidy although we didn't have a great view as we didn't ask for it the other rooms seem to have a good one as it faces the sea.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSS12345

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Hotel.

We only have a handful of bedrooms with sea views, as we are one road back from the seafront, but we do have rooms with balconies that overlook our gardens.