The Queens Hotel
$93
  • Beachfront
$88
$85
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$75
Best Western Hotel Royale(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Pool
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$90
$88
The Green House(Bournemouth)
$134
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$146
$101
$84
Priceline
1,559 results
All reviewsboot campevening mealthe clifftown centrebootcampdiscocoachpier
Reviewed December 3, 2011

the hotel is 5mins from the beach and 15 from the shops. the staff are friendly the food was fine. the room was of a decent size but a bit tired. the downside, was that the bed was so uncomfortable i didnt want to get back in it on the second night and the walls are so thin, that i could clearly hear the conversations either side of me.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank 171tessa
DanielMarshGM, General Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Hotel.

I am pleased to read your kind words about the high quality of service and size of the bedroom. I am sorry to hear about your night’s sleep.

We do operate a ‘Good Night Sleep Policy’ and we would have changed your bed for a new one if you brought it to the attention of the Duty Manager.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

We booked 2 rooms and were given 2 on different floors, not a good start. Rooms were shabby, dirty and badly maintained. There was mould in the kettle, the bathroom door was supposed to be on a runner but swung round like a cat flap, the bath looked like it had blood around it and the water was cold and just dripped out of the shower.
Customer service was poor, the girl on reception looked like she could hardly be bothered. We complained about one of the rooms and were moved giving us 2 adjoining rooms, why we weren't given this to start with is unclear. There wasn't enough parking on site and its a good job there wasn't an emergency because cars had parked across the fire exits.
It is supposed to be a spa hotel but we didn't want to risk using the shared facilities due to the uncleanliness and poor standard of the rest of the hotel.
When checking out there were other visitors complaining, so we weren't alone in finding it of poor standard. Overall we were very disappointed with the state of this hotel and would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, there are lots of really good hotels close by.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Carol S

I have read your comments and reread them, as I hope to provide perspective.

I am sorry that we allocated two rooms on two floors. The reservations team do try to ensure to reserve bedrooms close to each other, especially if this is a request, but if the Hotel is busy then it may be difficult to undertake.

You did not like the bedrooms, but we do not have anything in the Hotel’s accommodation portfolio like what you have described. I can sensitively refer to your diagnosis as a little over exuberant.

The customer service that you have derided enabled you to be in rooms next to each other, when you did bring this to our attention. I am sorry if you did not have an affinity with the receptionist, but I am satisfied that she, in this situation, has undertaken a good job in satisfying your requests.

We do have many parking spaces that are complimentary outside the Hotel. When it does get busy, we can utilise the College car park, which is free of charge also, just over the road from the Hotel. We were busy during your stay, and I am sorry if a high capacity car park caused concern.

It is a shame that you did not utilise the excellent and very well received spa facilities, including the indoor swimming pool, sauna, spa pool, steam room, and gymnasium – which are all complimentary for residents. While the Forever Gorgeous Spa, as I have said responding to a plethora of extrapolatory reviews is excellent and class leading.

I am nevertheless disappointed that you are in position to highlight there are ‘lots of really good hotels close by’. I am sorry that you feel capable of passing your knowledge of the hospitality you did not choose to stay at, in the area, authoritatively on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Hotel very tired, poor service and the food was sub standard, will not be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
DanielMarshGM, General Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

I hope to expand upon the 16 words within the body of your review.

I have discussed with the Duty Management team and reviewed all internal feedback and I have not seen any complaints about the aesthetics, cuisine and service quality within the same review. If you did raise this with the team and I have missed this I am sorry, but I do wish you would have brought this to our attention while you were staying, not nearly two months after your departure.

Similarly, if you have received a bad experience in all three areas I sincerely apologise, but I am most surprised by this and that it is genuinely the case.

Perhaps we should count ourselves lucky, as I have read the title of your first review and I am so glad we did not get that!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

The reviews on the internet seemed good so chose this hotel. Nothing too bad, unfortunatly when we stayed there was a loud function on so a bit noisy and no parking. The rooms were clean but a bit pokey but everything you need really.

Staff didn't seem too interested in helping you rather than processing you!!

But the breakfast was great!!! All you could eat and was good quality and selection.
Overall an alright hotel, wouldn't want to pay more than £50 a night really.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sam2613

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Hotel.

I am pleased we met your expectations but disappointed that we did not exceed them. We do have parking, which is free of charge.

I am sorry that the service quality was not at the required level. I can assure you we are better than that. We do have a personable team, I apologise you did not experience this.

Thank you for comments about the breakfast which I have passed to the Executive Chef.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I have just organised and attended a weekend reception for 80 people and cannot praise the help and service given by everyone in the hotel.The rooms were of a good size,comfortable beds and very well serviced. The food was excellent and well portioned. All the guests were full of praise for the weekend package.
I have already booked next years weekend with a number of the guests requesting to come.
My special thanks to Andrew and Monica, their help and organisation skills were second to none,nothing being too much trouble.For anyone wanting to stay for a special occasion then book one of the suite rooms (excellent)

Room Tip: For a special occasion choose a room upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Hotel.

I am most delighted to read your kind words which I have passed on to the team. Thank you also for commenting about the qualities of Andrew and Monika.