First impressions unfortunately were not fantastic; the receptionist on shift when we checked in was about as un-welcoming as you can get. It might not have been picked up by some guests, but having worked as a receptionist myself for over 4 years and currently working as a Duty Manager in a hotel it was very noticeable to me. After all, the receptionist who checks you in gives you the first impression of your stay...
When I made the booking I did specify that the stay was for a birthday celebration. I checked through the paperwork given to me on check in and this had been highlighted - great! Not so great is that from start to finish there was absolutely no recognition of this whatsoever. Even a mention of this on check in would have been appreciated, we weren't exactly angling for a freebie.
First impressions of our room were positive, nice size and very clean and tidy. However after spending half an hour in there it became apparent that it was far hotter in the room than the nearly 30 degree heat outside. We thought it would probably have cooled down by the time we returned in the evening, unfortunately it hadn't. If anything it seemed to have become even hotter. I went down to reception and asked for a fan but they didn't have any left. I have to say that there was a different receptionist on shift by this point and she was absolutely fantastic.
Our first night resulted in absolutely no sleep, the heat in the room was quite honestly unbearable. Thankfully we managed to get a fan for the second night which made the room a bit more bearable, although the towel rail in the bathroom kept coming on and there wasn't a switch to turn it off?!
Overall it was average, I would say it was value for money if we had managed to sleep properly over the 2 nights. Sadly though the general service received from the start put a bit of a dampner on the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic Bar and Terrace overlooking Bournemouth's beautiful coastline. Superb Swimming Pool with sun loungers and modern outdoor seating. Brilliant new bar menu launched, serving a great selection of Fresh Salads, Light Meals and HOMEMADE BURGERS. An excellent location for a comfortable stress free break in Bournemouth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffeside Hotel Bournemouth
- Cliffside Hotel Bournemouth