“Very happy indeed”

Ranked #47 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Poole, United Kingdom
“Very happy indeed”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and were very happy with our choice, the staff were warm and friendly and the rooms were clean and spacious, we stayed on a bed and breakfast basis but chose to have our evening meal there and were not disappointed, the choice was good and averagely priced, we also enjoyed the intimate atmosphere of the spa which was a welcome treat after a long day! We will definitely be staying here again on our next trip to Bournemouth

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nat400
PMepham, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Nat400,

It was lovely to receive your feed back following your recent stay with us in Bournemouth.

I have passed on your comments to the team and they are pleased to hear you had a lovely stay, and I hope that you will return again to see us in the near future.
Paula Mepham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

stayed on wednesday night, really nice room, very big and roomy with nice contempory decor, had dinner in Restaurant, very well cooked steak, breakfast was again friendly and well organised, check out t same, great stay and definatly come again,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 403JoeM
Dear 403JoeM,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feed back following your recent stay with us at the Hallmark Bournemouth.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the room in which you stayed.

I have passed on your comments regarding the food to the Chef, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast as we have been working hard to improve this for our guests following the feed back we have received.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Bournemouth in the very near future.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I had to make a fairly short term booking in Bournemouth for a conference. I needed a dog friendly hotel reasonably near the BIC - Hallmark came up. I read the reviews and had my reservations, but went ahead anyway. We were not disappointed - service was excellent, the free sauna very good, and the food was not bad either. The cooked brekfast was excellent and the customer service was outstanding. Our room was large and airy, well appointed and was cleaned well evry morning. i really couldn't fault this hotel. The beach is 15 minutes away and the BIC about the same. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jonatenner,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your feed back following your recent stay with us in Bournemouth, and I am pleased that you decided to try us despite some of the reviews. I understand these can be off putting, but many of these recent reviews were caused through heating and hot water issues that have been resolved by the company.

I hope that next time you visit Bournemouth, you will come and stay with us again, and see the modernisation taking place in some of the areas of the hotel as we give it a facelift. I have passed on your kind feed back regarding the service to my team and this made them very happy as it is less often we here the positives to the negatives.
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was very worried when I read all these bad reviews on here but when we arrived we were treated well we went to our room I was thinking oh god it's gonna be cold the other half will not be happy but as we entered the room it was lovely and warm very toasty and snug the bathroom was very modern the shower cud of bin more powerful but other than that I have no complaints about the room the bed was very comfortable we changed and went down for our spa treatments I have a salt body scrub which was amazing and,y partner was very happy with his back shoulder and neck massarge :) the spa was good not amazing but good, the best part by far has to be the restaurant the food was amazing the service everything... We went into the town which was 5mins walk when we got back a little tipsy we ordered room service the food once again was brilliant and the service was just as good over all I would recommend this hotel :)

Room Tip: We stayed in 100. The view wasn't brilliant but it was lovely and warm
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Emma W,

I am very pleased to hear that despite some of the negative reviews you decided to try the hotel.

It is correct that we have had some problems with our heating and hot water, but these were rectified swiftly by the company once they had been made aware of the severity of the situation.

I am delighted with your feed back following your experience in the restaurant and with room service, and I am also happy that you enjoyed your experience in the spa.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to us in the very near future.
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My company is based in Poole so I travel down here a fair bit. The hotel was recommended to me by a colleague and has shown great value to me. The service was excellent and rooms were very clean. Bournemouth is literally on the door step so there were many things to do in the evening. The hotel bar / restaurant serves good food at good prices. The service really was fantastic and all staff members were very friendly. I am glad to have finally found a hotel with good rates and great service for all my trips down here.

Room Tip: Great for business trips (hotel rate & location)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 585PaulF
Dear 585PaulF,

Thank you very much for taking the time to feed back following your recent business stay with us.

We often have recommendations through word of mouth and I am pleased that we met with your expectations and did not let down your colleague.

I have passed on your kind words regarding the team and service, and the staff were delighted by your comments.

I hope that you will return again in the near future to see how delightful it is here in the summer.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

After reading the reviews on trip advisor i was worried about my stay....i shouldnt have worried at all. The check in staff where lovely and helpful. The room was clean,modern and warm as was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was fantastic lots of choices of things to eat. Free tapas was tasty also. The spa facilites where just great. I had a really relaxing and welcoming time. We booked the spa break 1 night stay and complimentry breakfast and we certainly got our value for money i would recommend it. Shame about these reviews as they run it down and i thought it was great try it out for yourself.

• Stayed March 2013
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and i recently had a 4 night stay at the hallmark and something the hotel should be very proud of are their helpful and friendly staff - namely Sarah on reception who was fantastic in assisting us in so many ways,a real asset to the hotel - always happy and nothing seemed too much trouble for her.
On a negative point the dining room was rather cold and there was a lack of towels in the spa
However , on the whole we did enjoy our stay and our room was a good size and very clean
We will be back in the summer , when hopefully the weather will be a little better.

Room Tip: Our room in the wing was lovely and quiet - if unsure ask Sarah on reception to help
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Edwards13552,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments following your recent stay with us in Bournemouth.

I have passed on your kind words to Sarah. She has been with us for some time and is a very valued member of our team.
I apologise if you found the dining room a little too cold. Unfortunately this is often difficult to regulate as some guests also believe it to be too warm. I would also like to apologise if you did not have spa towels during your visit. We have had issues with our laundry company which we have been working hard to try and resolve, but my apologies if this did affect you for your stay.

I am pleased that you have said you will return in the summer. I am sure you will love the garden with the loungers when it is warm. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.