“Nice stay”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff
Ranked #47 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Nice stay”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights end of june for wedding anniversary. Quite a good standard hotel with good facilities. Room was as expected although location slightly out of town. on arrival I was checked in by a young lady called lauren, very smiley and helpfull. Overall would recommend

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank chopstuey
helly200, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for placing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I don't know which way you walked into town but we are just up from the triangle so only a maximum of 10 minutes walk.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Polish first
Taunton
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I organised a workshop held at the Hallmark on 22 June 2011. The conference room (Chenin) was spacious and had good natural light. The room had been set up as I had asked and support on the day (for helping to connect our laptop with the data projector) was very efficient. The food was fantastic (particularly appreciated the homemade biscuits at coffee times). Lunch was a hot/cold buffet in the Brasserie - I had many positive comments from the delegates about the food and venue.

I stayed overnight before the workshop and my bedroom was spacious, clean and comfortable.

The staff were very helpful and dealt with all my requests really quickly. Great service at the venue is what really makes the difference when running a workshop/conference so my thanks to all the staff who were there on the day.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank GayleMst
Thank you for your feedback regarding your event at the hotel. The Chenin Suite is a great training room with lots of daylight.

So glad you enjoyed the homemade biscuits and | hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We came here for our 25th wedding anniversary thinking it being a 4 star hotel.
Our first room(No3) had a loose tap on the sink in the bathroom as well still having the old bath. Rest of the bathroom had all been refurnished.
When it came to retire we found we were above the function room which was having a Lady Ga Ga night. It might as well been in the room
The folling day we were moved to room 103 which is in the other part of the hotel.Small is a under statement, no reading lights, only one side table.
When it came to having a shower there was very little water pressure at first until it had been on ten minutes.
Do not expect to put any clothes in the in the wardrobe as the space is taken over by a ironing board.
One good thing about the hotel is that the food is quite good having had a evening meal and two breakfasts and the staff were friendly in the restaurant
On leaving my wife would not let me near the reception as she did want me to know how much she had paid for the weekend and in case i opened my mouth about the hotel.
Its a pity as we had been looking forward to the weekend

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ANDYDWestYorkshire
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I am sorry that you experienced some maintenance issues which should have been spotted and repaired before your arrival. You will find that most hotels will have some kind of entertainment at weekends, this is necessary to our business although we try to protect other guests from being disturbed.

With regard to shower pressure, there is a pump in some of the rooms including the one you stayed in to help increase the flow.

The ironing board is easily moved if you need more space for clothing in the wardrobe.

Thank you for your comments regarding the friendly staff.

Travelers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Having read previous reviews about hot rooms I contacted the hotel manager in advance. On arrival our room already had a fan but was only needed a few times during our stay. The rooms were not overly warm and were comfortable to sleep in, though we only needed a sheet as a cover.

Rooms were clean and comfortable, beds were extremely comfortable, bathroom was clean and had a bath and shower.

Gym, pool and spa were great and clean, with everything you need to workout and relax. The Jacuzzi was wonderful, quite powerful which was very invigorating.

Bournemouth is a very large town and it would be difficult to find a hotel that had a really brilliant location as you may be close to the beach and sea but are then quite a way from pubs and restaurants. This hotel is in a nice area of Bournemouth, with Durley Chine and beach a 5 minute drive away.

We only at breakfast at the hotel which was delicious. Plenty of it (buffet style) and a great variety of choice. We chose to eat out for our evening meals which meant a short drive or taxi ride.

Some previous posts have complained about the noise from the road but I don't think the hotel can be blamed for that. Our room faced the road and whilst we could hear traffic at times during the day, at night it was quiet.

We had a wonderful holiday and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LindaT_101
I remeber conversing with you by email before you arrived, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and would also like to thank you for the lovely email you sent after departing.

I hope you will come again soon.
Harpenden
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Hard to pin anything really bad on the hotel just a combination of issues. A £5.00 cheese and mustard sandwich made from boring brown sliced bread (which I was charged an extra 60p for a bit of ham)...and no mustard...old salad garnish going brown on the side. Receptionist answering the phone whilst booking me in (let it ring please and focus on your client). Very hot rooms with no air con even with windows open. Lift which takes forever to arrive and is something out of the 1930s.....also a number of my colleagues were double booked and sent to an alternative hotel - in fairness I understand this was handled as well as could be. Bathroom and shower very nice. so overall average clean comfortable but not special at all. Breakfast not the hottest but decent selection.......

Room Tip: If there is a room with air con go for it!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank StueygHarpenden
Wiltshire
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The decor in the room was good, simple and modern, the breakfast buffet provided a good spread and was replenished by the chefs a lot. Hotel staff are all professional, maybe too professional in some ways, but efficient! It would be a hotel very well suited to conference and business trade. Bedrooms are also a decent size and very clean.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We had our wedding here on May 28th 2011. We had a few hiccups at the beginning but as soon as some fantastic staff ( Annette) was introduced in helping to prepare our special day we couldn't wait to begin our absolutely fantastic journey! We have so much to thank her for! A fantastic wedding organiser!

Another member of staff that has been fantastic is Steve. He was extremly helpful and an absolute assest to the company. He made sure myself and my bridesmaid were very relaxed the day before :)

Thank you to everyone at Hallmark Bournemouth for giving me and my husand an experience we will treasure forever, everyone really made sure we had a truely wonderful day!!

Laura & Chris Watts