“Birthday gift”

Best Western Hotel Royale
Ranked #18 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 days at this hotel as a birthday surprise.
We were very impressed with the friendly and helpful staff.
There was an excellent choice of menu in the restaurant. Breakfast was buffet style and included a hot menu. All areas were spotlessly clean, well decorated and furnished. Our room was very comfortable and included tea making facilities.
The lovely warm swimming pool was a bonus open until late at night and towels are provided.
This hotel is a pleasant 15 minute scenic coastal walk ( or inland) into town.
Be aware there are steep slopes along the way.
This was an excellent break where we were able to enjoy all the Christmas lights/ decorations and activities in the town.
Hotel car parking is charged at £2 per day. This is donated to a local Children's Hospice which the hotel supports.
Give this hotel a visit . You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a good sized room with a balcony at the front of the hotel .
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Susankinsella
Thank you so much for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that enjoyed your birthday treat and that all aspects of the hotel met with your unreserved approval. I do hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kind regards and wishing you a very happy and healthy 2014

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel Royale

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I return to this hotel because it is so nice atmosphere with the staff who all are friendly and happy. I find it helps me relax away from home. The menu in restaurant has been changed since I last visited and it was really excellent. The egg Royale and the sea bass I can highly recommend and they gave me a free half bottle wine ! you can't fault their efforts. The room was smaller than before but in a way nicer and warm and perfectly clean. I will keep going there because it is perfect place and really excellent value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Schlomomeyer66
Thank you very much for the most complimentary review. It is especially rewarding when it comes from a repeat visitor. The staff were all so pleased to be appreciated. Please keep visiting us when you are in Bournemouth.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2014

Reviewed December 10, 2013

First time staying at this Hotel, I was staying over on business. I spend Monday to Thursday living out of hotels every week all over the country so I consider myself to have a good understanding of hotel qualities. I found the hotel food to be exceptionally good even though the portions were small it was extremely high standard and very well presented. Unfortunately what let it down was the service I received from the restaurant manager, he was not welcoming at all even though it wasn't busy I was never asked how my food was, or was I asked for a desert! There was no atmosphere and did not feel like a friendly restaurant. When I paid for my bill thee was nothing said. Normally at this point you are asked if everything was ok But nothing! Change this and it would be very pleasant.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Mark B
Thank you so much for your kind words about the food at the hotel - the chef was delighted that you enjoyed it. I am sorry that the Restaurant Manager appeared disinterested - I very much appreciate your bringing this to my attention and the matter has now been dealt with.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2014

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here three times and we've never been disappointed. Excellent staff-very friendly without familiarity. The food and restaurant are also good and from what I recall the pool is first class. Room 200 we stayed in, no complaints at all.

• Stayed: November 2013
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Bertthefish
Thank you so very much for the most complimentary review - it means a great deal to all of the staff here to be appreciated so much. It is especially rewarding when a Top Contributor with 128 reviews published says such nice things about us - thank you!
We hope you will visit us again soon

Reviewed December 1, 2013

A family birthday celebration held at the Best Western Hotel Royale in Bournemouth went without a hitch. Excellent food in pleasant surroundings served by happy, helpful staff made for a memorable occasion. Even though a larger function was being held in another part of the hotel, we were made to feel welcome and important. We will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Maxwell P
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us and that all the arrangements were excellent. Thank you for taking the trouble to write the review it means a tremendous ammount to all the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Spent 2 nights at hotel with my husband and 8 year old daughter, hotel very good, staff very welcoming, breakfast delicious, and my daughter loved having the pool all to herself! Visited Christmas market and ice skating rink really lovely family break.
Apart from the noise we experienced on the Friday night from guests in the room beneath ours, until 1am in the morning when I contacted night porter, the noise did become less but did not stop completely until 2am, fortunately my daughter slept through but it left myself and my husband considerably weary for the next days outings!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

SimoenB
Thank you for the most complimentary review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the attractions in Bournemouth. I am really sorry about the inconsiderate guests - some people can be so selfish and I do apologise for their noise and your subsequent disturbance. I do hope that you will come visit us again and I shall ensure that you are allocated a room away from any potential noisy revellers!