“Very friendly staff”

Best Western Hotel Royale
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as a lone female traveller and felt very safe. I had a very large room in the annex at the back of the hotel and found it very big and well appointed. Staff in the bar and reception were very friendly and helpful. Food in the bar and the restaurant was good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

CarlJ
Thank you for the glowing review we all appreciate it very much and I am sorry that you felt cold! The weather this year has played havoc with our automated heating system and I do apologise for its shortcomings. On the other hand I was delighted to read all your other most positive remarks.
Please come back and see us again.

Yours sincerely

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,578)

Reviewed May 25, 2013

After reading mixed reviews, I was a bit worried about staying here, but I need not have worried!
The hotel was in a nice area, close to many other hotels that I recognised from when I was choosing where to stay.
I was only here for one night, but it was lovely. Easy to find, easy to park, very quick check in. I was allocated a room away from the main hotel building, which turned out to be great. It was very quiet and peaceful, and I could park my car right outside my room.
The room was nice, big comfy bed, nice bathroom. My only problem during the stay, was that the heating was not on, in my room, when I arrived. The radiators stayed cold until about 1700... and it was chilly outside. However, I popped back to the reception, and within about 5 minutes, I was supplied by a heater.
I had a lovely nights sleep, very peaceful. Breakfast was nice the following morning, you could eat as much as you like. Check out was quick and efficient.
I would definitely stay here again... 69 pound bargain!

Room Tip: If you get a room away from the main hotel building, you will be laughing :-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Carl J
Thank you for your detailed and most complimentary review which I am sure will assist your fellow travellers. I was delighted that we exceeded your expectations and that the room and bed enabled a peaceful night's sleep! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We held a Masonic Fund Raising Event at this Hotel and had a great time, the food was excellent so were the staff in particular Manager Des and our lovely bar lady Jemma with a "J" lol.
Highly recommended and we will be back, Thank you.

Room Tip: The lift only takes two at a time so nearer the ground floor means less wait time.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alex W

Alex W
Thank you for your superb review and I have to say that the staff just love having you stay with us! The whole group are always so appreciative and happy it is an absolute pleasure for all of us to be of service to you! I do hope you will come and see us again next year - or indeed before! In the meantime the staff join me in thanking you and wishing you all the very best ....and a nice warm summer too!!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed there this week for an annual conference as I have in previous years. All communal facilities are very good as are the staff who are exceptionally helpful and friendly parking was also good. The hotel was fully booked yet all the food I had was very well cooked. Breakfast was diverse and quality ingredients (with perhaps the exception of the sausages which could do with an upgrade!).

The rooms are a good size and very clean and tidy. They could definitely do with being upgraded now though as they are getting tired, the wallpaper in particular. In comparison to the Holiday Inn I stayed in a couple of weeks ago, this Hotel is substantially better in every way. Only a room makeover stops me giving it 5 stars.

Recommended

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

A1tonyM
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write such a lovely review. The entire team and all most grateful for your kind words. You will be pleased to know that following your sausage comment our supplier has been changed and there is definitely an improvement .....so many thanks!
I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We took the car for a spin, and ended up in Bournemouth...seemed like a good idea at the time. We chose the BW Royale, as it was the first BW we came to, as I'm a rewards card holder. The car park was rammed, and we didn't have a reservation. Despite this, we were given a small yet adequate room on the first floor, overlooking the porch.

As I said, small, but clean. Bathroom was fine, though blinds would be good - the lights stream through, as does the morning sunshine.

The hotel was probably nearly full, and as we'd turned up out of the blue, it wasnt until it was too late that we discovered the room was only set up for single occupany - one towel, one shower gel. And on the balcony - one plastic chair, decidedly grubby. Inside - small table (not big enough to work at) with one chair.

As there was a function on, we figured we go out for dinner, and spent ages wandering round B/M in search of somewhere to get a glass of wine and watch the sun go down - no such luck. The only option was noisy chavvy disco bar, or the Marriott - which we should have gone for, thinking about it.

There's a pool, but we didnt get chance to see it.

Breakfast next morning - small buffet selection. To be fair, I ordered 2 poached eggs, and both came out cooked to perfection.

We'd probably stay here again if we were if the area, though I'd like a room at the back. Staff were all very friendly.

Room Tip: Away from the lift, facing the rear.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Anionfan
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that Bournemouth didn't offer you what you were looking for but pleased that we met your expectations. I think you need to know what the good places are in Bournemouth and if you ever come this way do ask one of the management team who are all pretty versed with Bournemouth's good, bad and ugly!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hotel determined by Chrous member but great choice and value for money with good parking. As a Best Western Rewards member this enabled us to request an upgrade and the room provided a King size bed, adequate bathroom and suppiled with the usual hotel provisions.
Hotel easy to find and is a 10/15 minute walk from the Convention centre/town centre. Try the beautiful walk along top ridge or down the cliff path and along the shore line. Town has several excellent central gardens and shops are average........
Breakfast is a buffet and you will not go hungry as the choice is excellent. Staff are always helpful even when returning late from a show with the bar closed you can still be served from Reception by the ever helpful.......Michael who remains cheerful and polite even when harrassed by a crowd of thirsty guests!
Rooms can vary so take the opportubity to view if you can......we would certainly use this hotel again when in this region.

Room Tip: Top floor will not suffer from noisey upper rooms.........
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Steve R
Many thanks for the most complimentary review and I was delighted to read that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay with us and I have to say we loved having you here especially listening to you warming up and singing in the bar! The greatest compliment is your saying you would return and we hope sincerely that you will.
In the meantime our very best wishes

Reviewed May 10, 2013

A single night stay as part of a business trip, but due to traffic problems arrived very late, around 11.30pm. Easy to find and lots of car parking space. Friendly check in despite the late hour. I was allocated a chalet - a separate section of rooms at the rear of the hotel. Very spacious and clean, but did have a very typical holiday hotel smell. Some people may not like that, but I love it. Very clean and comfortable nights sleep. Good breakfast, buffet style but good selection and fresh. Also good value for money. So very brief but pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

LeicesterChipper
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write such a complimentary review about the hotel. I cannot underestimate the benefit and encouragement it gives the staff and naturally helps other travelers in their selection process. Please come and stay with us when you revisit Bournemouth and you may be sure of a warm welcome and an equally enjoyable stay.

Yours sincerely