“A wonderful stay at The Royale”

Best Western Hotel Royale
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Just returned from my first trip to Bournemouth. The Hotel Royale proved to be a most excellent choice, and i cannot recommend it highly enough!
The staff were all so welcoming,and nothing was too much trouble.They were both friendly and efficient.
The standard of the accommodation was outstanding, and i can find nothing whatsoever to fault.
Breakfast was to suit all tastes,and very relaxing and could certainly fuel you for the whole day!
We dined in the restaurant on our third and final night, and we were not disappointed. The attentiveness of the staff was fantastic and the meal absolutely first class.
I would not hesitate to urge you to choose the Royale if you are thinking of a break in Bournemouth.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue S
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Sue S

It is always so gratifying to start the day with such a positive and complimentary review for which I thank you. The staff were very touched by your comments and it is most refreshing when people write a review because they enjoyed their stay and then took the trouble to write about it. The only question I would ask is why did you only eat in the restaurant on the last night? Maybe on your return you will choose us for your first night?!
Please keep recommending us and come back and see us soon - we love customers like you!!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed here Mon to Fri, bright and clean with some lovely 1930's features. Family room - great! Service very friendly! Good food!Loved it!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank maidstonerugbymum

Maidstonerugbymum
Thank you for the great review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back hopefully before the next rugby tournament! It is always so nice for the staff to read that someone has not only enjoyed their stay but also taken the trouble to write generously about it. Thank you!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Another great stay at the Royale over the Easter break - our 2nd stay in 2012. As always, the welcome and service from all the staff was excellent. With the great location and calming atmosphere at the hotel, you can always rely on a relaxing break at the Royale.

We again used the pool, which we always enjoy as it is always clean and at the right temperature. There were a couple of families with young children using the pool at the same time, which did not spoil our time there due to the space available at pool side.

The introduction of the 'special offers' on wine in the hotel bar was a real bonus, with a good selection available at the special rates - good value for money.

Thanks again to all the staff at the Royale.

Room Tip: Book early because quite a few people turned up for the bank holiday weekend, without booking, only...
2  Thank JacPC
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

CathJohnP

It is always so nice to start the day with such a positive and complimentary review for which I thank you. The staff were very touched by your comments and it is most refreshing when people write a review because they thought it was good rather than only ever commenting when they feel let down.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed here for the second time last week end. First visit.... large well decorated modern room...this time small room in need of decoration with old furniture.....staff not interested in hearing that we were not sattisfied with the room. So if you are booking here make sure you ask for a modernised room. swimming pool complex functional but not welcoming !!!!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the 300.....we had room 306......to be avoided
3  Thank DavidRogers3

PaulBeech
Thank you for your overall positive comments and I am so sorry that you thought your room was unsatisfactory! We have over the past few years of our ownership invested very substantially in the fabric of the building and its facilities. It is really disheartening to read your title and I do apologise that you felt we did not meet your expectations. On the other hand you did say some nice things about us for which I thank you - it is always good to see a constructive review

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night only, after the Bonamassa gig at the BIC.
Check in was very quick & painless after walking back from the BIC around 10:30pm. Bar prices were surprisingly cheap for a Hotel, £3.45 for a pint of Becks, pity the Ringwood was finished tho'.
I was a bit concerned when we were told we were in one of the chalets at the rear of the property but..... The room was amazing, one Double bed & a single/queen sized, only thing wrong was the cheap alarm clock that failed to go off at the set time, luckily I realised before breakfast closed.
All in all If I ever have to stay in Bournemouth again I won't bother looking anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a Chalet room at the rear. The one I had was a lot bigger than needed & really well furn...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Bluesbro

It is always so rewarding to start the day with such a positive and complimentary review for which I thank you. The staff were very touched by your comments and it is most refreshing when people write a review because they thought it was good rather than only ever commenting when they feel let down. I was delighted that you liked the rooms at the rear they are very large and really come into their own in the summer months!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I booked a double room for three nights and was given room 317, which was very cramped and I'm not even sure that the bed was a full double. Having discovered an alternative hotel nearby at similar price with vacancies, I was going to check out after one claustrophobic night, but was persuaded by the receptionist to view an alternative that would be available for my final two nights. The contrast was 'enormous'(!) - spacious room, bed the size of two singles, and much bigger bathroom too. Buffet Breakfast included in the rate was reasonable (if a bit slow at being replenished), but at the advertised £10.95 if not included would have seemed a bit steep, especially as the only freshly cooked option was waffles - for an extra £4! No porridge on offer, plenty of hot cross buns as it was Easter but no way to toast them. Quiet location but within walking distance of station (10-15 mins), town centre (10-15 mins) and a selection of restaurants in nearby Old Christchurch Road (5-10 mins). I'm sorry that my first impressions of the hotel were spoilt by room 317: I think they should re-classify it as a single or offer a discount if sold as a double. I'm sure they were hoping I would not complain.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 317 as a 'double' - or insist on a discount!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

MikeWReading
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write such a complimentary review. I was delighted to read that we persuaded you stay and that the room was to your liking. I have taken on board your constructive comments and will be reviewing our classification in the light of this - so thank you! As the owner I love people commenting good or bad it helps us know exactly what you think because very often people say nothing when they are here and don't give us an opportunity to put things right.
I do hope you will return to us and look forward to welcoming you back

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my boyfriends birthday, and we enjoyed it so much we felt we simply had to write a good review! We stayed in one of the chalet rooms at the back of the hotel, which was spacious, quiet and clean. Because we arrived very early as we did not travel to bournemouth by car (check in was not until 3pm), our room was not ready yet. However, the staff at reception were more than happy to keep our bags safe until later so that we could go to the beach without dragging a suitcase around! When we checked into our room, we were suprised at what amazing value for money it was! I would have easily expected to pay much more for the room.. throughout our stay it was kept very clean by cleaners and they even folded some of the clothes I'd left lying around, which was a nice touch. The pool was very clean and warm, aswell as being very quiet (meaning we could enjoy our swim). The staff were incredibly polite throughout our stay and made us feel welcome. Overall, one of the best hotels I've visited. I could not fault it and would like to thank Hotel royale for a great stay! would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Chalet room was lovely!

Georgina H
Thank you so much for the lovely review it is most appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thought the such good value. I am very grateful to you for taking the time to write the positive review - it is always easier to complain than to compliment and the whole team at the hotel are delighted with your comments. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Michael