Best Western Plus The Connaught Hotel
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
$121
  • Beachfront
The Suncliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$96
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$133
$96
$192
  • Beachfront
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Ramada Encore Bournemouth(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$98
$82
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$113
$107
  • Pool
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$155
$150
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$101
$87
Priceline
$85
3,051 results
All reviewsblakes restaurantorchid suitespa facilitieslovely hotelexecutive roomthe main hotelswimming poolsteam room and saunabreakfast was excellenttown centreshort breakcar parkwest cliffrestaurant managerenjoyable staythird floorbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2009

We stayed at the Connaught recently whilst in Bournemouth to see a concert at the BIC. I am delighted to say that my expectations were exceeeded. We booked the Orchid Suite, which was well appointed and spacious, very comfortable bed. Also, nice to have the small balcony for fresh air!

We ate in Blakes Restaurant on two nights, and were bowled over by the standard and presentaion of the food and the service, it really was excellent. As another reviewer has commented, the restaurant is run impeccably by Nicky, who is clearly a master of his craft, and he has apparently passed on his skills to to his colleagues, who make an excellent team. The bar staff were also very good, and knowledgeable.

In fact, what we liked most about the hotel was the staff- they were all very friendly, courteous and helpful and appear to be a happy team.

If there was a downside, it was perhaps the location, which is not in a particularly wonderful area, but it is fairly close to the town centre and seafront (uphill on the way back though!) , but I would not want to detract from what was for us an excellent relaxing break.

We also found, through the hotel website, Discover Dorset, who do tours of Dorset in small coaches- if you get a chance, use them, they are tours with a difference, taking you to interesting locations without the need to keep dipping into your pocket, giving you a chance to enjoy the Dorset countryside.

All in all a relaxing break, at a lovely hotel in a much under-rated county.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank taxexileGuernsey
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This being our first Conferance at this hotel I was delighted to be able to relax as the staff ensured everything was inplace and worked well Coffee and teas where all served on time and presented well. Lunch was to an excellent standard and all members of staff comented on the quality and the variety. Dinner was also to a great standard only critism would be that we were not all sitting together ( This has been arranged for our next conferance already) . Rooms where to a high standard enjoying a jacuzzi the night before was most relaxing. The pool was used by all my collegues in the evening and morning and was felt to be great in keeping thier minds on the matter . Steam room and sauna where also enjoyed Nice to have super clean collegues for the conferance.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We can only praise The Connaught Hotel for their high levels of service and superb hospitality throughout our Ladies' Festival weekend. The rooms were excellent and the location was perfect. The food was of very high quality and everyone benefited from their attention to detail. We would thoroughly recommend The Connaught to everyone. Thank you to you all!
S & C Mitchell

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 13, 2009

First of all I would like to say that as a frequent visitor to Bournemouth, I have stayed at countless hotels in the town over the years and one thing has always struck me about pretty much all of them. The fact that whatever the star rating, they all seem a bit on the tatty side. Dont get me wrong, Bournemouth is a holiday town and is blessed with many beautiful parks, beaches, an enviable climate and many, many hotels, but, like I say, they do seem to be trading on past glories somewhat.

I booked the Connaught as I'd seen the website and, of course, checked Tripadvisor as I always do. My wife and I were booked for one night to visit relatives in the town and celebrate my birthday. The website and majority of views reflected on Tripadvisor bode well for our stay so we were confident of a pleasant visit.

First impressions were that of a hotel possibly still in transition. The Connaught, I understand, is one of the oldest hotels in Bournemouth and it appears it is being gradually brought up to date in terms of what the 21st century hotel market demands.

Our room was a standard double in the main hotel and sadly seemed to one of the rooms yet to be updated. It was clean enough yet was very dated and tired looking. Bit of an eighties time warp with a battered portable TV on a stand, complete with equally battered remote control, faded framed prints on the wall, and one of those old radio things set into the headboard. The bed was lumpy and noisy and did feel as though a spring would give way any second. So slightly disappointed there. I think I would specifically ask for one of the refurbished standard rooms if staying there again - they all cost the same after all.

Good points however were the spa and pool located in the basement of the hotel. A lot of money has clearly been invested in this and along with a decent sized pool, there is a steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and well equipped gym . We made the most of our short stay and the fact that it's unlimited use was all included in the price of the room.

I think the thing that redeemed the hotel for us chiefly, however, was the hotel's excellent restaurant 'Blakes' . The service, decor and ambience seemed a world away from our tatty bedroom and we felt as though it belonged to a much higher grade of hotel. The food itself was superb - beautifully presented and superior quality food and wine . I can see why it has already won several awards.

I have to say that overall, therefore I would recommend The Connaught Hotel. I hope that the next time I stay there that they will have brought it fully into the 21st century and a long way from the grimmer aspects of faded glory so prevalent in some of its counterparts in the town.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Excellent hotel, friendly and efficient staff. Room clean but a bit tired , bed comfortable,slept well,superior room wih balcony which was lovely, worth the extra. Swimming pool excellent ,clean and good length for hotel 18 meters. Breakfast was very good, good choice and food hot. Restuarant was very efficiently run by Nicky who was always attentive. Dinner was well cooked and beautifully presented, highly recommend that you eat there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business