“Lovely decor very average food”

Langtry Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We booked a family meal here for my partners daughters 21st birthday.
The interior of the hotel was really very pleasant and grand.

We were very much looking forward to our meal which was hugely disappointing. I ordered scallops with a £4 supplement, what arrived were 2 scallops and two small fish cakes that tasted of very little, I had lamb shank for my main which again was average really nothing special at all.

We enjoy eating out often as it is one of our pleasures in life.
My opinion is that the very average food is very reliant upon the grand decor of the hotel. I believe if you are going to charge good money for food then the least
that can be done is to make it a pleasure to taste.

We would not return I'm afraid.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed for two nights in the Langtry lodge which is situated across the road from the manor. We were really impressed with the size and decoration of the room. We had a four poster bed which was really comfortable, there was also robes, hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and a large flat screen tv in our room. We were impressed with the breakfast as there was a good choice from both the cold buffet and cooked food. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would go back again.

1  Thank Wayne P
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just spent 2 nights here on kgb deal and overall was disapppointed.

Check in - Reasonable, had to speak to Manager to resolve room problem.

Room - Offered a small double, which was acceptable although small, but the ensuite shower room was unacceptable, it was the smallest I've ever seen. Sink was about the size of A4 paper and the whole room was about the size of 2 double wardrobes on a good day.

Restaurant – Efficient pleasant staff. Food good, but overstated.

Hotel general - Decor tired. Stayed in the annex, hot water takes at least 5 mins to become hot. Website pictures of rooms misleading rooms are very dark - photo's must have been taken with bright spot lights to make them look at their best.

Value for money - On a kgb deal this was good value, however if paying normal rates this would be a non starter as would be very overpriced

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at Langtry Manor for one night, in the St Leger Room (situated in the annexe over the road from the main hotel) celebrating a special anniversary.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and the food in particular was very good.
The room is a good size, and four poster bed was very comfortable. It was lovely and quiet which is very important to us. A small occasional table would have been handy but not a big issue. Being in the annexe is not so convenient when it is raining, but it is only a quick walk over to the main hotel. However, there is ample parking space outside both annexe and main hotel.
Welcome at Reception was very good and in fact we found all the staff we encountered to be very pleasant and helpful.
We enjoyed our Sunday evening dinner in the restaurant, taking advantage of the Anniversary Special Menu, which we thought was good value. A really nice touch was the complimentary special dessert with sparklers (we had been asked on booking if this was a special occasion and it was so thoughtful for it to be acknowledged like this).
Breakfast was lovely - I had the porridge which was scrummy, topped with brown sugar and served with cream. I had to leave some or I would not have had room for the cooked breakfast - and it was really good so did not want to miss it. We thought choice was excellent.
Would definitely return and recommend.

2  Thank ThelmaBournemouth
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed with my wife and dog for one night. This was a real find as although it is a little way off the seafront, it is set in a quiet road and the hotel has ample parking. We stayed in the Lilly Langtry room with a four poster bed and jacuzzi bath in the room. I had a sense of stepping back in time, with many original features restored whilst the modern expectations such as flat screen tv, good quality condiments and bath robes make it perfect.
I did not use the restaurant for our evening meal, however the menu looked very tempting, and having enjoyed the full English breakfast, this clearly is a hotel that understands how to deliver great food.
The staff were all very helpful and welcoming, which made our short stay very relaxing.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank krmontour
Reviewed October 8, 2012

stayed here for two nights,what a nice place to stay with a history lesson thrown in, staff very helpful, nothing to much trouble, only had breakfast here but no addaed extras even if you had smoked salmon,plenty of choice,food very goodwould stay there again

2  Thank happydazEssex
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here mid-week using a KGB voucher. We stayed in the Jeanne Marie room which was pretty, clean and comfortable, but not cosy. There were no curtains on the windows, only shutters so a lot of light came in in the mornings. The bathroom was clean and served it's purpose although it was small. The breakfast was decent enough although we found the bread to be of a lower quality than we would purchase ourselves. The staff were ALL friendly, polite and helpful although I found the breakfast service a little slow but certainly bearable. The hotel itself is pretty, interesting and comfortable. I would certainly recommend staying here if anyone was going to be in Bournemouth although I'm not sure I would if they had to pay the full standard rate.

Room Tip: My guess is that we had the smallest room as we were using a discounted voucher deal. I would recomm...