Having booked another britannia hotel, I was moved before having even arrived. I thought I'd got a good deal, as the Roundhouse was twice the price of the hotel I'd booked and was very close to the pier in comparison. But I definitely wouldn't have paid the full price for it. The room wasn't in great condition, the carpets and upholstery were really worn down.
The tap was also leaking and it was obvious that it wasn't the first time from the brown stain under where it was leaking. I asked if somebody could fix it for me and they didn't have a clue what they were doing, and just tightened the screw with their hand, the leak starting again as soon as I used the tap. I used the metal disc on my room key in the end to tighten the screw myself.
Breakfast was included in my original booking, but in the transfer to this hotel it was missed off my booking, so I had to flag this up too. Not impressed. The only thing going for this hotel is the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roundhouse Bournemouth Hotel is one of five Britannia hotels in Bournemouth and is just a short walk from the East Cliff Beach and Bournemouth's local attractions, theatres, restaurants and coffee shops. Bournemouth is one of the most popular seaside resorts in England and is famous for its family friendly facilities, award winning beaches and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Whether you are looking for business or leisure breaks, this Bournemouth Hotel is the perfect choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Roundhouse Hotel Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Roundhouse Bournemouth
- Hotel Britannia Roundhouse
- Roundhouse Hotel