Marsham Court Hotel
Hotels.com
$127
$105
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$50
$82
$77
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$65
$62
  • Pool
Ramada Encore Bournemouth(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$75
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$59
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$83
$80
Travelocity
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$75
$56
1,036 results
All reviewsdays hotelsea viewdance breakrussell cotes museumgood sizebalcony roomtown centrebar pricesevening mealcar parklovely hotelthird floorbuffet stylechristmas partyoutdoor poolsea fronttea coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2009

There is no doubt that this hotel has seen better days and is really only in business to serve functions, weddings or elderly group tours.
We were "welcomed" by Rosie on reception who was very rude and I would guess new to front of house duties and has had little training.
Room itself was OK and quite spacious although the bathroom was tiny and impossible for two people to be in at the same time. One small sink in the corner with nowhere to put toiletries.
The whole places groans and creaks and the walls are not very thick so you do hear a lot of noise throughout the night / morning.
We were there for a private dinner in a function room and the food quality was average at best. Very basic food with no imagination. The breakfast buffet however was much better.
The main thing that does this hotel credit is the staff. Almost everyone was friendly and helpful with smiles on their faces.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Rosie_Wallace, General Manager at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2010

Thank you for your comments that were posted on trip advisor.
I am sorry that you felt the receptionist was rude on check in and I can assure you that she is not normally this way and is a pleasant young girl.
Due to the fact that we are an older building, our rooms are of different sizes but all our rooms are of the size requirement of the AA standards.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy the menu at the banquet however we do offer a wide range of items on our menus to cater for all, however it is up to the individuals to choose their menu and it is dependant on how adventurous they are.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you to the Marsham Court in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2009

I Have stayed here before and it was with mixed feelings that we booked again, but value for money and position of the hotel is very good. We booked a Suite with sea view as the air show was on and fireworks that weekend.When we went to bed the bed was a guest bed that went up into the wall to give you extra room, it was most uncomfortable, I rang reception and the duty manager did come up and was very apologetic and moved us just for the night into a twin room, it was midnight by now and to say I didn't really sleep well is a understatement. The next morning they did replace the bed with a double bed and that was ok.When we booked I did say that I'm non Dairy and would they be able to do meals that did not contain dairy, I was assured that would not be a problem, but it was we stayed 4 nights and only 1 night was I able to have a full meal. There was just no communication between each other and one of the restaurant managers did say to me "your not having much luck here"!!! They did knock off £30.00 off the bill, but it was disappointing. But the good weather made the stay more bearable. And the staff were rushed off their feet as the hotel was busy, but you can always employ extra pairs of hands that time of year.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

I was generally upset to find that there were a few issues with previous stay last summer.
We have tried to implement procedures so that special dietary requirements as yours are catered for to the best possible standard in the future. We give our guests the opportunity to meet with the Chef personally on arrival to discuss their dietary requirements for the duration of there stay.
I am also sorry that your bed was uncomfortable in the room allocated to you and can assure you that with the refurbishment porgramme we are under going at present we are rectifying any issues like the one you raised.
We hope to be able to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

This hotel is in a prime position - minutes from the sea front, gardens and shops - yet is in a very quiet area.
Many of the bedrooms and some of the public areas need updating. The ensuite bathrooms in particular have seen better days but none of this really seems to matter because the staff are, without exception, wonderful. We have stayed here three times and they are always the same. We have travelled to many places all over the world and stayed in many hotels and The Marsham Court staff are the cream. If any of them read these reviews - thank you. You are the tops!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. I always tell them you can train anyone to do a job but you can't train someone to have a personality. This is one of the reasons why we have so many guests return year on year, because it is the staff that makes their holiday special.
Our refurbishment programme started in November 2009 and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again so that you can appreciate the improvments that we are making.

Reviewed May 14, 2009

Excellent food and service Very polite and obliging staff Large well appointed rooms Very clean Ideal location
Kidderminster Stay Easter 2009
Age Group Early 60s

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

We are glad that you enjoyed your trip to the Marsham Court and hope that you will continue to visit us.
It is appreciated when people take the time to comment on our facilities and service so that we can strive to improve what we offer.

Reviewed March 31, 2009

The service was friendly, the room reasonable (the decor was a little dilapidated) and the hotel is very well located for both the beach and shopping in Bournemouth town centre, with plenty of car parking. We stayed on a full board basis as part of an organised weekend and found the food to be good and the drinks prices reasonable.

Personally I found the hotel to be fine as part of an organised weekend, but if I was travelling alone or just with my wife, I think we'd go a little bit more upmarket.

• Stayed: March 2009

It is always appreciated when people take the time to write a review so that we may adapt our procedures or rectify if a situation needs action.
We are in the process of a refurbishment programme and hope to welcome you in the future.