“Helpful Staff, Great hotel A++”

Marsham Court Hotel
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here between the 18th and the 21st of september 2013, Firstly the staff couldnt have made you feel more welcome. Reading some of the reviews that put the hotel and staff down i really dont see why, its a great value for money hotel where some people expect the Ritz. Our room was cleaned everyday and the buffet breakfast was a great variety of fresh fruit to a cooked breakfast. Really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to anyone in search of a comfortable, great value for money hotel...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Jason W,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Days Hotel Bournemouth.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us offering good value for money. We appreciate we will not be to everyone's taste, but we are the equivalent to a 3 star hotel and do not try to be more.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.
Rosie Wallace, Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife & I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times in the last 15months.
we usually stay 1 or 2 nights from Sunday onwards.We have always found the staff excellent, All the rooms we have been allocated to have been of a high standard.We always have their buffet breakfast & an evening meal & have always enjoyed both.There has never been in our experience any problem with finding a car parking space on site close to the hotel lobby.
The hotel is informal & lets its guests relax & do their own thing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul R,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I am so glad that we have provided you with the experience you obviously have come to appreciate with us at the Days Hotel Bournemouth and we look forward to being able to offer you many more relaxing stays.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was very impressed with my stay at the Day's hotel in Bournemouth. On arrival with a group of fellow line - dancers after a fairly long trip from South Wales, we were escorted into a room where tea, coffee and biscuits were provided. The distribution of keys and the allocation of rooms were dealt with efficiently. One of the hotel managers informed us of hotel regulations iin a friendly manner, ensuring we were aware that the main prioirities of the hotel were for us to have a safe and good holiday. All staff members were friendly and efficient, the food was excellent and our room, if on the dark side (some wall lighting may rectify this), provided very good accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Cherryl E,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I am so glad that your were very impressed with your stay.
The staff do their utmost to make sure guests feel welcome and enjoy their stay with us and I am happy that we have fulfilled your requirements.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you group again in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a short break at this hotel from 17-20 July 2013. Our room overlooked a neighbouring property and a large overhanging tree made the room very gloomy. Even during the fine sunny weather we had to use the bedroom lilghts, or at least attempt to do so. To make matters worse,one of the bedside lights did not work and despite repeated requests it seems a replacement bulb was not stocked nor was a replacement bedside lamp available. Nothing was done about it during our short stay although on our departure the Customer Services Manager stated it should have be dealt with.

Although serviced daily, the room was not vacuumed during our stay - and two single beds pushed together do not a double bed make!

Despite this, the hotel generally was satisfactory, with a well maintaned outdoor swimming pool with a good supply of towels and adequate seating. The hotel is in a central location and situated within a short walking distance of the beach.

We enjoyed a good cooked breakfast each morning and apart from dealing with the 'room with the gloom' the staff were generally helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rob E,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I am sorry that your stay was not as it should of been and apologise for the inconvenience of the bedside light not working. We do have extra bedside lamps available; however I can only assume they were in use on that occasion. I will indeed speak to our maintenance team to make sure we have the light bulbs in stock in the future. In regards to the trees, they are not on our property and being in a conservation area we are very limited as to what we are able to do.
Rooms are vacuumed daily by housekeeping, and we use zip and link beds which are used in most hotels these days as it gives flexibility for the use.
I am glad that you enjoyed the pool area and breakfast and that you found the staff helpful.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again and if you choose to visit us, please contact our reservations team and they will be happy to allocate a different room for you on your next visit.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Firstly I had phoned the Hotel chain and spoken to them in the USA to specifically book a room being assured it was a sea view as they had as plan of hotel. Arrived and no not a sea view. Paid extra £40 per night bringing total to £128 for single occupancy no breakfast. Went to get lift to room to find one lift out of action and a whole coachload of pensioners waiting to take the lift, room was pretty manky. After day on beach I arrived back to room gasping for a cup of tea and was quite repulsed to see tea tray tucked next to hair dryer YUK. I moved tray and filled kettle...oh dear two cartons milk..one used, phoned reception to get more oh and no biscuits. Went to have shower and bathroom smelt a bit p*****y :-( so I daubed some shower gel around. As I was away alone a sea view and balcony were very important as I would spend evenings in, but not nice balcony, shabby couple of chairs and no table sat but out looking at view until at dusk I was blinded by a spotlight suddenly facing up straight onto front of hotel!! I came back into room and decided to watch TV and eventually to sleep..but the searchlight effect was so massive I had to pull both the black out and normal curtains thus rendering sea air, sounds of the surf redundant and worse still woke up at 2am roasting in an airless room. . Dreadful night and I had complained by email so then the duty manager knocked on door as I said no way could I stay another night, he said I should have phoned and would have been moved to room at back of hotel...but I had desperately wanted sea view and balcony so whats the point? I asked if light could not be switched on the 2nd night and was told no sorry and I was offered refund on unused night and I agreed and left. Checked in at Miramar next door was like the Dorchester in comparison. On returning home I thought I was entitled to have my £40 supplement refunded and so only pay £88 for the dreadful night and no breakfast but good old Rosie who seems to wear the trousers said nope sorry. They rely on their close proximity to Bournemouth town centre, sea view and residents over 70 years which is how they get away with charging what they do for dreadful quality.

Room Tip: Check in at Miramar its about £25 more but fab breakfast or pop down to permier inn £38 less and bal...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bridgetjam
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Bridgetjam,
I write in reference to the review you have written.
Again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It was explained when you arrived that you had indeed booked a standard room and should you wish to upgrade it is at a supplement of £40 per room, per night. You choose to upgrade.
You checked in at approx. 12.30pm and went to the room. If you were not happy with the room at this point I would only assume you would let us know before you settled in and we would have been happy to have changed your room to one more suitable to you.
You indeed emailed a complaint at approx. 10.30pm to reservations at which point they were not on duty; however as explained if you had called down to reception the duty manager would of happily come upstairs and sorted out the issue for you and checked that the timer on the security light could have been switched off. The emails are not checked at night after 9.00pm until 8.30am the next morning. However we have staff on duty at reception 24 hours per day.
The following morning when we checked our emails we found that you had emailed twice and we contacted you immediately. You decided you would check out early and we refunded your 2nd nights stay.
The Manager offered to show you other rooms, some of which were sea view rooms and also offered to speak to the Maintenance man to organise the security light to be switched off earlier. However you declined. We were not given the opportunity to rectify your issues on the evening. Had you complained by telephone to the front desk, the staff would have done everything in their power to have made you happy, but this was not the case. Our guests service directory clearly states, that should you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact them and they will do their utmost to rectify the situation.
We have several guests of all ages within the hotel, varying from young families to elderly guests. I am sorry if you felt you were over run by a coach load of pensioners; however we feel that we provide a good quality service to all ages.
You are entitled to your opinion and for the most part our reviews are very good and we have received a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2012 & 2013.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our room was very comfortable, spacious with excellent modern bathroom. We had good sea views and a lovely large bay window. The location was perfect, a few minutes walk to the beach, gardens and centre. The food was very good as also was the service. We had nothing whatsoever to complain about.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Mrs Sandra P,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Days Hotel Bournemouth.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your break with us and found all aspects of your stay to be what you hoped it would be.
We hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I booked this 5 day break through my local bowls cuub in Surrey. My plans were to play 4 bowls matches and to spend 1 day and 5 evenings with my wife and friends.
The central location of the hotel enabled this to work well with the easy access to the numerous buses the serve Bournemouth.
The hotel was clean throughout and the staff were both helpful and friendly, both in reception and in the restaurant.
We would certainly recommend it to any friends thinking of visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Member,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your bowls tour here with us and will recommend us to friends and family in the future.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome your bowls tour back in the future.