“Awesome hotel”

Marsham Court Hotel
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the days hotel weekend of 29th August 2013. It was bournemouth air fest (boyfriends thing not mine) so I was worried about parking, it being too busy etc. arrived early evening on the Friday and despite us being second to last guest to check in still found a parking space. Hotel was really modern in most parts and the bedroom was lovely. Just a standard double but a modern decor and seriously clean (I am a total clean freak). Breakfast was really nice buffet style plenty of options and although the dining room clearly doubles as a function room and is a little dated this does not obviously matter at all and I am sure judging on the rest of the hotel this will be their next task. Hotel staff were super helpful and friendly and I would most certainly stay there again. Great value for money :-)

• Stayed August 2013
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Jennydowden,
Thank you for taking the time write a review of the Days Hotel Bournemouth and am very pleased that you found us to be an "Awesome Hotel".
I am glad that you found all aspects of your stay pleasant. We are indeed trying to up date the restaurant, however it is such a large room, we are having to do it in stages. We laid a new dance floor and carpet in January this year, new curtains in July this year. We have now ordered new chairs and are awaiting their arrival. The electrics with new lighting will be the next plan; however this will be a very large disruption and could possibly take quite a few weeks, so some careful planning will need to be done at which time we will decorate as well.
We hope to be able to have the opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.
Rosie Wallace, Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Sandhurst
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed for one night over the weekend for my friends 21st birthday. Only really used the hotel as a place to get ready and to sleep in. The hotel has a great location close to the town centre and right on the beach.
Hotel room was very clean with a nice bathroom.
Receptionist was fairly welcoming on the check in.
Came back to the hotel in the early hours of the morning and the night porter was very friendly.
Shame about the housekeeping staff in the morning!
Check out is at 11am. Housekeeping woke the 3 of us up at 9am by knocking on the door and trying to find the key to come into the room. Got up and opened the door and they seemed quite put out by the fact we were still in there said I'll come back later. No apology for waking us up!
Then they knocked again at 9.45 when one of us was in the bathroom and other two getting ready and again not happy we were still in there! Then we got another knock on the door at 10.30!!!
So after housekeeping disturbing us 3 times on the morning we were checking out, we checked out dead on 11. Complained about this to the receptionist and barely got an apology!

As a former hotel receptionist, its not good enough!!! Don't think we'll be going back which is a shame!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Sarah T,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay for the most part, but am disappointed that the staff let you down on your last morning. Please be assured that I will be speaking to both the housekeeping and reception department about the inconveniences you were caused on your last morning. Feedback such as yours is important and we will take this opportunity to retrain the staff in this area. We also have "Do not disturb" signs in the room and would ask guests to hang these on the door so that the staff are aware that guests are in the room; however I will also be asking housekeeping to make sure that one is present in every room.
I am sorry that this spoilt your night away and hope that you will stay with us again in the future, so that we may change your opinion of the service we offer.
Rosie Wallace, Dircetor
Bicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is was really good. Just stayed for 4 Days for the Bournemouth Air Show. Great Location for the beach. The Hotel was contemporary modern and clean. Clean towels and maid service every day. Dinning room was really nice hot buffet breakfast was very good.
Bar area was really relaxing bar meals were good value for money.
The Staff were very helpful efficient always happy to help.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Days Hotel would highly recommend it.
Very Happy Customer.

Room Tip: Sea view room is best.
Dear 716Diane2013,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your 4 days with us over the Air show this year.
It was such a successful town event and Bournemouth looks forward top hosting many more of them in the future.
The staff always appreciate comment regarding the service, their helpfulness and for the good value food we offer.
We hope to be able to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.
Rosie Wallace, Dircetor
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My partner & I stayed at the Days for 2 nights and could not fault anything. The staff are incredibly friendly & polite which was lovely. We had a double room with an amazing sea view & a sofa to view it from & ordered continental breakfast by a very efficient room service each morning so we could make the most of the view. The bathroom was excellent. I think the room had been recently refurbished. The parking is excellent and the hotel is in an excellent, quiet location. We would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear mariamayhew,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Days Hotel Bournemouth.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your 2 nights away with us and were able to enjoy the most out of your sea view room and the facilities we provide.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
north west
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I travelled with my elderly mother who has mobility problems.
This hotel was just the ticket, it has been recently renovated (previously Marsham Court Hotel) and everything was superb.
The rooms were very modern and clean, daily maid service wit fresh towels daily.
Dining room large and airy and lovely food with a good choice.
The bar area is a lovely place to sit and have a drink in the evening (if a little pricey).
The pool area is clean and well maintained, lunch on the terrace overlooking Bournemouth bay is a delight.
reception staff are very efficient and all staff are cheerful, professional and courteous, nothing is too much trouble.
there are steps at the front of the hotel which were a struggle for my mother but the receptionist assisted us with hiring a mobility scooter and there is an accessible entrance at the rear of the hotel.
All in all a great holiday in a lovely hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, in fact I fully intend to if only for the fish and chips on the terrace at lunch time......best fish and chips i've EVER tasted.

Room Tip: sea view room is the best option, the rooms at the rear are a little dark
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear pjneylon,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Days Hotel Bournemouth.
I am so glad that you and your mother enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the best fish and chips EVER !!!!
Our staff are friendly and will help guests wherever possible with any needs they might have. We will assist with the hiring of mobility scooters etc.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future with your mother.
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a 3 star but is quite an acceptable hotel where staff and decor are concerned. It is 3 star so there was no air con (very hot at times) and no all-night bar. I would say though that the energetic helpful and friendly staff really 'make' the hotel. It was during the air show and the receptionist was very helpful with parking. Our bathroom was contemporary, modern and clean, the bed was comfortable. My only gripe though it is for me a big one is that the breakfast buffet is a little odd... if you want poached eggs you have to order them. I'm vegetarian and there wasn't much hot food for veggies however I ordered 2 poached eggs. These don't appear to come with toast or when you do ask for toast, the toast is brought to your table in triangles in a rack. Then as I wanted beans with it, I had to go to the buffet to get a spoon full of beans, so there I am sitting there with my meal in 3 different places; poached eggs on one plate, toast in a rack and beans on another plate. Surely there was a better way of doing this! The other thing is the beans are not Heinz or similar which is surprising. My experience with hotels, is that Heinz beans (or similar) come pretty much as standard. These beans instead were predominantly different shades of grey and overly spiced. Maybe it was better that they were on their own plate so I could dispose of them more easily! As a veggie I don't need special meat substitute sausages or bacon, egg n beans will do fine, the the quality of the beans were so bad though I was quite shocked. This hotel's decor is perfectly acceptable but the beans and the impracticality of the multiple plates was possibly enough to put me off staying a second time.

Dear Suzi C,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I must say we have never had a comment made about our beans before; however I quite like the beans but we appreciate that they will not always be to everyone's taste. I am sorry that this ruined your holiday. If you wish to have toast and beans on the same plate, you can just order this with the staff when you order the poached eggs and they will be happy to do this for you.
I hope you will change your mind about staying with us in the future.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Two night break with friends with a very comfortable stay at the Days Hotel for a birthday treat, even the weather was kind to us!! The staff were friendly but professional. Our room was one that had been recently updated and was very clean and comfortable with a bathroom with a proper shower not one over the bath. We found the bar/food was excellent and reasonably priced. It is in easy reach of everything and would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Gill W,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your short break away with your friends for your birthday treat.
We have updated all our bedrooms and bathrooms; however the walk in showers are normally on request as we have about 30 of them within the hotel, as some people do still prefer a bath.
We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.