“Downview farm a fantastic place to stay.”

Review of Downview Farm

The Conservatory / Games Room
Dinning Room
Red Room
Family Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Nikita167...
London, United Kingdom
“SCAM: Deposit Funds Not Returned!”
Reviewed August 9, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Some friends and I visited the property in December 2015. The property is lovely. However, the owners were appalling. They did not return our cash deposit of £300. Making false allegations that we ruined the property but failed to produce any substantial evidence to prove the allegations. I spent more than 3 months or so going back and forth with them via email with no resolution or any hope of my funds being returned. They were rude, unprofessional and just disgusting. I had no choice but to go through the court process via the small claims court, from sending them court notices to lastly sending the bailiffs. Only now in August 2016 have I received my funds back. I would never recommend this property to anyone due to the owners and their rude behavior. Its sad that this property was recommended to us by a friend. Seems they like to target younger groups of friends rather than families. Please beware.

Bathroom cleanliness
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 16, 2016
We let our Beautiful Property in good faith that it will be , looked after and respected by our guests.
We have at least 108 guests per month go through our doors.
Some times up to 216
We have had to keep Damage deposits back only 3 times in 15 years.
Your Party under the name of Nikita Patel.
Caused considerable Damage to our Property .
No one else was in the other property that weekend , only your Party.
The changing room Italian Glass shower door was broken.
The Dining room Table had filth written on it, in Marker pen , we had to have it re-sanded and waxed.
The Fire extinguisher had been used to put out the log fire !!
A life saving aid , not a Toy .
The foam was all over the lounge .
The lever on the Hot-Tub was broken off , we found it in the grass.
The swimming Pool was full of broken glass , we still can not identify this glass as our own ??It was brought in .
The Pool at great expense had to be half emptied , re-filled and re-heated £700 for that alone.
At the time I had just lost my Mother a few days before your arrival.
I was told by you
This was irrelevant .
I found your Party's behaviour both upsetting and your handling of the situation Distressing .
The Damages were all denied .
We have banned all members of your party from ever hiring Our Beautiful House again .
We wouldnt as Buisness people do this unless we felt it necessary .
TaniaT196...
“Downview farm a fantastic place to stay.”
Reviewed August 6, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Great week at Downview farm with all the family celebrating my parents Golden wedding anniversary. Great house and grounds. The pool and hot tub are great. Central location to explore Dorset. Will definitely consider a return visit. Thanks Lucy and Matt.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 9, 2016
Tania it was a Pleasure for us to be able to Make your Parents Stay a special one .
So Glad you all enjoyed it .
Look forward to your next visit with us.
Lucy and Matt
Craig83ev...
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Just got back from a 4 night stay!! Wow!!! What a lovely house and indoor pool. The weather made the experience a whole lot better, as we could enjoy the huge garden and surroundings. 5 star all round.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 1, 2016
Many thanks to you and your lovely Family Craig .
It was a pleasure to have you all to stay .
Regards Lucy and Matt
Ms M
Aldershot, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place; Customer Service Could be Improved”
Reviewed June 3, 2016 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed here in March 2015 as part of a hen weekend - it is a lovely place, very well-equipped and we all had a great time. It was someone else within my group who made the booking, and as far as I am aware, they had no problems and received the deposit back on time and in full.

I would have given the lodge 5 stars, however . . .

Having enjoyed my stay here, I had hoped to book again with a much larger group, for both Downview Farm and the neighbouring Houghton Lodge (both owned by the same people). Having trawled through the availability calendars on both website and eventually finding a weekend on which they were both supposedly available, I contacted the owner by email only to be told that they were fully-booked for approximately the next 6 months, which contradicts what was on the website. I appreciate that it can be difficult to keep this information up-to-date, but here's my main issue: I then emailed back to say that I was interested in the next set of dates that they confirmed that both lodges were available and wanted to know the cost - this was back in May last year, and THEY NEVER REPLIED. In the end, I gave up and booked a weekend in Brighton instead. The fact that other reviewers have made negative comments about the customer service skills of the lodge owners suggest that there is room for improvement here. Ideally, I would have given this three-and-a-half stars - based on my experience of trying (unsuccessfully) to book, I'm being very generous by giving it four.

Hello
I am very sorry to hear this .
I have looked through my e-mails as I do keep them all .
I have no record of the second request you say you made to us ?
We did have a week or 2 where the cables were being dug up in our little Village and there were a few casualties because of this .
I apologise if you were one of them .
We aim to reply to all our mail on a dailyb basis.
16jezza
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Didn't want to leave! ”
Reviewed May 25, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Fourteen of us have just come back from my sisters hen weekend. We stayed in Downview Farm but there is a secondary house next door (Houghton Lodge) None of us wanted to come back! It is set in a beautiful and quiet village which makes for a very relaxing atmosphere.

Everything within the house has been finished off perfectly with each room having its own unique style. All were really clean and comfortable. Great bathrooms with several rooms having an ensuite. The swimming pool and hot tub were fantastic and in good clean conditions. The outside area was a great little sun trap with ample outdoor seating and tables. We were lucky enough to have fantastic weather which made it even more enjoyable. This is the perfect venue if you are happy to spend your whole time at the house rather then go out to clubs for a hen weekend as it isn't very close to anywhere which was perfect for us.

Lucy and Matt were very helpful and lovely and told us everything we needed to know.

I can not praise this venue enough! Everyone left trying to work out what occasion we can celebrate next in order to come back! Have recommended it to everyone and can not wait to return.

It was our Pleasure .
Lucy and Matt
Mandy N
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“The most stunning house in the most idyllic setting have booked again in September.”
Reviewed July 10, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I stayed here with the girls for a long weekend Lucy was so helpful she had organised manicures, pedicures, massages, facials it was amazing. The hot tub and pool were wonderful the rooms clean the house is simply stunning I did not want to give the keys back.
I have booked for later in the year because I was so thrilled with my mini break and thought I deserved another. I have also commended Downview Farm to my friends as well. If your just looking for a chilled weekend in a beautiful setting look no further you will not be disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Karen B
Bristol, United Kingdom
“absolutely stunning!”
Reviewed May 20, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I booked Downview Farm for the weekend of 8th to 11th May and it exceeded all expectations. I booked it for my daughters hen do and we ended up with 10 of us although it would have slept 14 comfortably. Everything was to a very high standard. The rooms are stunning, well decorated and very clean. We were greeted with chocolate muffins and fresh milk. It is a very well stocked house and we made full use of the swimming pool and hot tub. Plus we barbequed one evening. Matt and Lucy were very welcoming and explained everything clearly regarding operation of hot tub and pool. There are lots of games and a pool table too. The village is very pretty and there was another hen party in the house next
oor , Houghton lodge who we bonded with. It is quite remote so not the place if you want raucous night clubbing butif youre happy to make your own fun it is ideal. Received cash deposit of £300 back in bank within 7 days. Would ddefinitely recommend to anyone..

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the pool and hot tub
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing