“Fantastic celebration weekend”

The Conservatory / Games Room
Dinning Room
Red Room
Family Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
jean t
“Fantastic celebration weekend”
Reviewed December 13, 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Thanks Lucy and Matt for the warm welcome to Downview Farm. The house was very tastefully decorated and all facilities were as described. Loved the added touch of a beautiful Christmas Tree in the lounge. There were a couple of very minor things that needed attention, but for a holiday home what do you expect! We visited the local pub and got a friendly welcome, and some good food. Walked to Milton Abbas, using Matt's rough sketch which was very helpful, but it did take longer than the 20 mins stated on website though. Great swimming pool and hot tub, but games room a bit chilly and pool table could do with some chalk for the cues. Wifi would have been helpful. We used Andrew James catering for a celebration meal on Saturday night which was fantastic, great food and professional service. Would definately recommend this property and we hope to return again soon.

Liked best: Pool & hot tub
Liked least: Nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
shazholid...
Bognor Regis West Sussex
“Great Party House, but house has a few maintenance issues”
Reviewed September 22, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Great lay out and lovely pool and hot tub. House Looking a tad tired. A few maintenance issues need to be sorted - Showers not running very well, TV only tunes on to channel 5 ,cooker very hard to light, mainly small issues . One of the double bedrooms was very small. On a positive note the gardens were very nice, the games room, lounge and dinning room were a good size. Its set in a very nice village with an excellent pub down the road. I would recommend booking, It was a lovely break and a fun house just needs a bit of a freshen up

Liked best: Swimming Pool and Hot Tub
Liked least: Cooker it needs mending
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
parapet
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Please read 2star as well as other reviews”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Be aware. Wonderful pool, hot tub and garden, but the house left much to be desired. One shower was out of use, another a poor trickle, leaving one good shower between 11 of us. The property was not thoroughly clean on arrival and rotting food rubbish was left in the bin from the last occupants. No guest towels were provided although described in the booking information . There was no hairdryer and the TV didn’t work well. The gas hob also did not work properly. The property is no longer registered with Visit England but shows a 5 star rating outside. Downstairs bed is low and some other rooms are a bit small for double. Despite good features, we would not recommend this property at all.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Sep 24, 2014
The shower was out of use in the Pool area .
Guests were informed of this .
The main Valve had gone and the plumber who had been called that day to repair it , did not have the part it had to be ordered as we provide upmarket showers not something that can be collected form homebase.
The showers in house were just a tickle , because the guests had at somepoint turned off the pump which works the water pressure.
We do state very clearly on our booking forms and Website that POOL and Bath towels are not provided.
We state clearly what we do and do not provide .
Hairdryers we do not.
There is absolutely Nothing wrong with the Television and we are very confused at this comment?
Cleanliness .
I can assure you that we are completely fussy about our property .
The property is immaculate for ALL our guests arrivals .
The rotting food in the bin was my apple core that I had eaten whilst awaiting your arrival.
I do remember my Partner greeting you , and arriving home so upset and insulted I had to take control.
I was shouted at in my face , for lack of towels, which I had informed you about over the phone the previous day ? Also the Hairdryer .
I deal with the public all the time , rarely am I spoken to like that !
We provide a Beautiful , Clean Hoilday Let and our Team of 7 work very hard every Friday to ensure you the very best .
Sometimes things do break down , they do not give us notice, it just happens.
We do all we can to repair things as quickly as we can.
I am sorry that you did not have a good time .
I would like to offer our appologies .
Shauna S
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic!!! If your looking for an amazing weekend away look no further!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Booked for this for bank holiday hen weekend, absolutely amazing time!! 11 ladies and so much space and lots of bathrooms!!
We stayed in houghton lodge.

The house was clean and beautifully presented, rooms were all decorated and welcoming. Hot cross buns on arrival was lovely touch.
Hot tub and swimming pool was great and very cooling for the beautiful weather we had.

On Saturday we each had a spa treatment with spoilt rotten, the treatments were all awesome and the lady whom I dealt with was great keeping me informed by email and would highly recommend. The ladies who came were great. Thank you Jo and your ladies all the ladies loved their treatments.

Back to lodge very close to Poole but mind you we didn't want to leave, we could have not asked for more and all ladies are asking when can we go again.

I would highly recommend this to anyone, family gatherings, hen weekends, friends, suits everyone.

Pictures on their website don't show you how beautiful and amazing the lodge is.

Lucy and Matt were very helpful and welcoming.

I will definitely be returning, thank you so much for a great weekend and making my friends hen weekend so memorable.

Ian W
Reading, United Kingdom
“A Superb Stay!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

I booked Downview Farm after much deliberation and trawling across many websites offering luxury breaks. My wife wanted to celebrate her 40th birthday in style with close friends. Her remit was to enjoy a weekend away in a country retreat, escaping the hassles of daily routine, kids ( we all love them really) , work pressures and hectic lifestyles and to trade all that for some quality time relaxing, socialising and indulgence.This place fitted the bill wonderfully. Of highest quality and immacutely presented upon arrival the farm is a perfect getaway. Throughout the whole period of booking, effectively three months, Lucy the main contact from the website looked after me splendidly ( I even invited her around for dinner at one stage - private joke eh!) ; to answering my many questions whatever time of day or night, to recommending caterers, Saturday night entertainers and a clay pigeon shooting morning to finally being on hand upon arriving to ensure the whole weekend experience was second to none. My wife had a truly unforgettable birthday celebration and each and every one of our 10 other guests had nothing but praise for the place and setting.Even the weather was perfect.
Great local pub called The Crown ( thanks Tracey for your warmest welcome) , Andrew James Catering were superb and created a real memorable fine dining experience and good old Albert Cochrane Shooting school provided us with a great way to clear several sore heads on a beautiful winter's morning on the Saturday.
I would certainly recommend this place.

Sam A
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

I booked Downview Farm for my daughter's hen weekend. Lucy was very helpful during the booking process and when we go there Matt was brilliant. The chocolate muffins on arrival were a very nice touch and much appreciated by all the girls. Matt was lovely and when we had a small issue with the hot tub on the Sunday was at the house within 5 minutes of my text to him to sort it out. There were 11 of us staying at the house and everyone had a great time. None of the girls wanted to leave. We were very lucky in that we had the pool all day (as there was no-one in the other house) and the girls spent a lot of time in the pool which is beautiful! Myself and my three daughters are now planning on taking my husband and their partners to Downview Farm, hopefully in the not too distant future. 10/10

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: the en suite shower did leak and flood the floor.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
TessaK771
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic relaxing break”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 for a stay in December 2012
person found this review helpful

10 ladies enjoying a relaxing get together at Downview. The house was stunning and Matt lite the fire for us and all we had to do was text him if there were any problems. Cake, milk and fresh flowers were left for us with tea,coffee and sugar. The house was very clean and all rooms beautifully decorated. The pool area was lovely and the pool warm. We could also change the heating if needed too but the house was so warm so it wasn't a problem. We had someone come in and teach us a salsa lesson which was very good and caterers came in the evening called Lams chinese and cooked for us. The food was amazing and all of this had been recommended by the owners. It was lovely as we were left alone to enjoy ourselves and the only time we saw one of the owners was when they dropped off more logs for the fire.
All of us would recommend this house and we will be returning next year.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing