“good food and tired pub”

Sir Percy Florence Shelley Wetherspoons
Ranked #350 of 790 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 4, 2012

In 2010 when we stayed in Dorset we visited the spoons in Boscombe for grill night. the staff was polite and helpful and in the pub was shabby and tired as well need a refit and lick of paint as well.

1  Thank John M

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I like to know what standard of food I will get when I eat out, and if I find a Wetherspoons in the town I know I'm on a winner

1  Thank Hookedonhotels
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Typical Wetherspoons, good food and good priced drinks. Air con in centre of pub makes the area a bit chilly - but I'm sure I'd be welcome of this on a hot day so can't really complain - wasn't a problem we just moved tables.
My husband ordered a gourmet burger which came with a free pint - he cleaned his plate so I assume it was good! I ordered the roast dinner and was a little alarmed that it took only around 6 mins to arrive. I ate it all but wouldn't order a roast again from a Wetherspoon- it's not their fault they have a very big menu to cater for.Veg was microwaved and very hard, meat was very fatty.
Would I go back - yes definately but would stick to pub grub as I feel that's what they do well.

1  Thank Cloggle
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is the same standard as all wetherspoons. The food was very good and not dear.
Excellent for wheelchair users as there is level access and enough room between the tables.
Parking could be an issue as the place is situated on a busy main street. There are some on street parking spaces but don't depend on a spot being empty

1  Thank 29-1-23
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Six of us had a late-morning breakfast here after a rather late night before...

I have to say I normally avoid this chain for drinking, much prefer smaller, more "intimate" establishments however, for the Large breakfast at £4:99 it was an absolute bargain... we were well and truly stuffed.....

Only criticism was that the bacon was a bit fatty and the eggs were a bit cold... other than that amazing value!!

ATB,J.