“tregonholm, what a place.”
Review of Tregonholme Hotel

Tregonholme Hotel
Ranked #47 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2013

we went to tregonholme as we had a charity fun run to do for the steve bernard foundation, when we got there the room had been unbooked (50/50 at fault really). but she soon found a room for us. we had a very big 6 bed room on the ground floor (no 1). there were noisy people above but hey it was there break too....the room were clean and the staff were friendly and could not do enough for us. there was always someone on the front desk ready to give advice, the beach was only a 5 min walk away, 10 min back because of the hill. now to the breakfasts it was fantastic, the toast just kept coming...overall fantactic place...will be booking for next your and will try to get the rest of the 26 family members who were down this weekend to stay too....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have just got back from a long weekend in Bournemouth. We really didn’t want to come home and our stay at the Tregonholme cannot be faulted! The woman on reception was a star - she couldn’t do enough for us. She even offered to pre-book any taxis/minibuses for us if we were going out. We stayed in room 6 (the triple room) with our 3 year old daughter. We were provided with a safety bed guard on the single bed and even a Minnie Mouse pillow and blanket (which our little girl loved). The room was very spacious and clean and always warm and the beds were very comfortable. The en-suite was of a very good size and with a very large walk in shower (which was lovely and hot). Breakfast was delicious and was just the right amount. The B&B is very close to the beach front and although up a steep hill, is not too much of a problem (even with a pushchair). We have already agreed that we will be returning in the summer!! Thank you Tregonholme for a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: I understand that some of the rooms are not en-suite - it may be worth checking with the hotel staff...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Tregonholme for a hen weekend. I think I stayed in room 12, it was in the corner. The bathroom for my room was across the corridor which was slightly annoying. Room 11 and the third room had an en suite. My room was quite cosy, and although small was big enough for two. We found that some of the plug sockets were too low down making it hard for certain things, like straightners, to be plugged in. When we returned from our night out there were no issues about us arriving back early in the morning. When we went to bed we found our room was very cold. So cold that I woke up to find I was snuggled up to the radiator. My friend had a shower only to find it was cold, luckily my shower was hot but the water didn't drain out very fast, which was a little worrying. I didn't want to flood the bathroom lol. We went downstairs for breakfast, we were offered a full English or cereal and yoghurt. We all chose a "full" English. I don't eat meat so I asked for a vegetarian breakfast minus tomatoes and mushrooms. Turns out these weren't inc In a full English anyway and I was given a hash brown, a fried egg and beans. The toast served separately was cold. The non veg version included a sausage. Breakfast was such a let down we couldn't face it again on our 2nd day, it all tasted greasy and cheap, but i guess you get what you pay for. We told the owner that our room was extremely cold and she promptly gave us extra blankets and an electric heater, finally we were warm! I can't fault the service, the hotel just needs a little updating, for example double glazing is desperately needed, we could see our curtains moving with the draft!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Natasha L
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Never thought I'd be giving full-marks to what is really a budget hotel but here goes. Was doing an evening function at the BIC and wasn't going to get in until after 3am. Booked online after looking at a map (the map doesn't show the steep hill, but the lady on the phone did mention it). Was only a few minutes walk. Checked in early evening, grabbed my key and back after 3am as planned. Hotel was quiet, warm (proper cold night) and a good night's sleep. Nice decent breakfast in the morning, and all staff I met were friendly. I'm back for another function next week so will happily stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked here through a hen and stag company for a hen do. 11 of us stayed across the top and second floor. Rooms were nice and well furnished, clean too and we even had access to a fridge. Breakfast was a full English but service was a little slow as there seemed to be only one person serving and in the kitchen. Hotel is in a good location for a hen do and we didn't have any complaints or raised eyebrows coming and going at weird times or making noise. Receptionist's were kind and helpful too and would help out by ordering cabs and directing us to places. Would recommend this hotel to others too.

Room Tip: The top floor can be good for groups of people as there are four rooms, a communal bathroom with one...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked through a travel company for my Stag d, 11 of us so given the 4 rooms on the top floor, slept 2,2,4 and 3. The rooms are basic but clean, only two of the rooms had en-suite. The single beds were comfortable enough even though the mattresses 'rolled' a bit. Not the greatest amount of room in the bathroom. The dining was clean and bright and the breakfast was fine but as a previous review they are using cheap yoghurts and juice. Great location, 10 min walk into town, lady on reception very nice.
All in all, it was fine for what we wanted - cheap and cheerful

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Really great stay, Hen weekend had three rooms , single , twin and triple . All basic but very clean well impressed as it is a stag and hen hotel. Fresh towels , nice hot showers, tea and coffee , extra communal bathrooms for lots of people to get ready. All kept very clean, breakfast done the job , good fun in the morning swapping stories of the night before !!!! Great host , nice lady helpful and it's got parking . ;@)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends