“3 visits to Peppinos”
Review of Peppinos Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Peppinos Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Peppinos Italian Fusion Restaurant & Live Music Lounge Bar Bournemouth. We serve traditional Italian cuisine as well as creatively designed FUSION dishes from our talented and experienced team of chefs! Come dine in our warm relaxing restaurant and sample some of our fine dishes from our new menu or if your feeling adventurous check out our specials board. Wash it down with our fine selection of Italian wines & beers while you relax in our restaurant or retire to the bar area and chill out (or dance) to some of Bournemouth's finest talented live bands and solo acts every Friday & Saturday night. We start the live music late in the evening so you wont be disturbed while you eat! We are very family focused and pushchair friendly too having baby changing facility's, bottle warming jugs, high chairs and we have just brought out our new kids menu. Children of any age are welcome day or night but we will leave it up to the discretion of the parents for late dining on Friday and Saturday nights where we regularly have live bands and dancing from about 10:30 to 1am in the bar area. Peppinos first opened its doors in October 1997 and has been trading successfully and expanding steadily ever since. It is now Bournemouth's best destination venue for traditional Italian food, family dining and live music. Peppinos Italian fusion restaurant & live music lounge bar Bournemouth.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“3 visits to Peppinos”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

On the 3 occasions for double birthday, cycling club social and wedding anniversary we had a good choice of non and vegetarian cuisine which was very well prepared.
For the Club social the service was very efficient and friendly with a good atmosphere. Whereas for our birthday and anniversary meals all on Mondays the service could have been more efficient and friendlier.
We will go back again in 2014 for the cuisine.

• Visited December 2013

Bournemouth
“Shocking!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We took our friend here for her Birthday meal, we had all previously on various occasions eaten at the establishment and had excellent experiences. However, we were all severally disappointed with many issues which therefore clouded our evening. Firstly the service was horrendous, staff spent more time checking themselves out in the mirror and playing with blue tac than tending to us being paying customers, also can't blame our lack of service due to being rushed off their feet as we were the only table for the majority of the evening. Seeing as it was Christmas I didn't expect to have the bread that had been saved from the last supper! It was clearly very old. Our starters where ok, nothing to get excited over. Mass produced deep fried or microwave food. The main meals all took a lot to be desired. I pizza a chainsaw could have only cut, cold microwaved pasta, which was sent back to be heated which still came back cold! The rest of our meals were edible but purely that. After the plates were cleared and several complaints made our waitress said she would deduct the price of the one pizza. We then ordered some Baileys coffees which were cold and had no evidence of Baileys in it just thick blob of cream on the top, I asked if she could actually put some in... needless to say yet again this was not impressive. I could ramble on for hours of other issues surrounding our adventure. All there is left to say is a purely shocking and horrendously over priced meal. And will not be frequenting Peppinos again. Oh and if you were thinking of going for a quiet date forget it! AVOID

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Rebecca R
London, United Kingdom
“Dont bother”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Very poor service at bar and table. No welcome despite being a large party in for a Christmas meal. Food very mediocre no drinks service at table. Staff uninterested and music just ok. Much better Italians in bmth and def better Christmas party venues.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank queenlulu82
bournemouth
“Disappointing meal”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Went to Peppinos because the place we were going to was closed and I was disappointed. It was a quiet night and there were only 2 other people eating. There was 5 of us and we all ordered pizzas. 3 of us ordered garlic bread to start and I wanted a mixed salad with my pizza. Waiter asked if we wanted the GB bread as a starter or with the pizzas, we said we wanted it 1st. Well it arrived with our pizzas. I ordered jalapeños with my calzone pizza. My mixed salad was disappointing as there was no lettuce as advertised but green leaves of sorts and the waiter gave me a plate of cold jalapeños and said that they were for my pizza because the chef hadn't put them in. Well I couldn't put cold peppers in a closed calzone could I? have started to eat my calzone I found that it did have jalapeños in it so put the other ones on my salad.
Everyone else liked their food but I was rather disappointed wont be going back in a hurry

Visited November 2013
1 Thank mcfcfanBournemouth
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great find.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just moved to the area and are delighted to have found this gem.Very welcoming staff, good live music on certain nights and a general relaxed feeling to the place. Overall, one of our favourite places to go in Charminster.

• Visited October 2013