“Anniversary Break”
Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I spent our 45th wedding anniversary at this hotel back in October 2013.
The reception staff welcomed us with a smile and a pleasant conversation.
When we got into our room there was an anniversary card on the dresser signed by the management .A very nice gesture . On the first evening we had dinner in th hotel restaurant .The staff were very helpful and polite .The food was excellent . And the complimentary glass of champagne was a lovely surprise.
We spent five nights here and we had a wonderful stay .
The staff were very pleasant and made us feel very welcome .
The room was clean and very comfortable .
We would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Raymond c
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely comments! I’m glad you enjoyed your anniversary break with us and hope we were able to help make it a memorable one. I am also pleased to pass on your comments to our Housekeeping and Restaurant staff. We hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again at a future date.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel. The rooms are nicely presented and have good facilities. Received a very friendly welcome from reception.
The cooked breakfast was delicious and made to order which so much better than buffet. There were several fresh juices available as well as fresh fruit, pastries and cereals.
My only dissappointment was the restaurant being fully booked, went in for a drink and the food smelt so good.
Will stay here again (and pre book the restaurant) If I visit Bournemouth again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Bettynicole
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Objectives were to share a relaxing, indulgent family break with a special birthday celebration combined. To explore & see a little more of Bournemouth than we experienced in the busy Summer. We chose the Parc Central for many reasons really but initially liking its location ... 'Beside the seaside, beside the sea' :) The view from the elevated position is most pleasing; the pier is timeless & quaint, along with beautiful skies at sunset & sunrise. Plus being so close to the Gardens & promenade is beautifully convenient for early morning walks. So our main criteria already achieved, next we were simply hoping for pleasant bedrooms with hopefully a nice view - already knowing the restaurant served delicious food having already eaten there in the Summer - A comfortable abode to stay was all we needed.
From the moment we walked into this unique Hotel we were all surprised at how 'warm & lovely' the ambiance of the Hotel is. Not just the delightful, friendly helpful reception staff but the actual feel of this old building & its history. You could almost feel the laughter in the corridors & stair cases - which are absolutely beautiful, so light & spacious. I just loved the unique feel, the warm & welcoming tasteful decor. rarely have I stayed in a Hotel that is 'comfortable' - in that cosy, indulgent, nice happy way that is often lacking in more grand Hotels. Where everything is uniform & the same, so homogenised you could be anywhere & in any Hotel - all feeling the same. This Hotel isn't like that. Its small but feisty ... its gentle but courageous, its got an abundance of character & guts. Simply put we L O V E D it & wouldn't hesitate to stay again. You could imagine it becoming a wonderfully clean & tidy home from home retreat.
The staff - Alex the manager even had a Birthday Card in the birthday girls (85 yrs young) room which really gave the celebration an occasion feel for her arrival. The lovely young ladies at reception couldn't be any nicer if they tried. Soooo helpful, so happy & the warmth of their smiles genuine & warm. (No offence meant to the often empty replication of the American "have a nice day without any feelings attached which some UK Hotels try but fail miserably at :) Every detail of our stay was managed beautifully. Suitcases taken to our rooms as we parked the car - which is a stones throw across the road. I'd much rather pay £7.50 knowing my car is safely tucked up for the night. The fact is it was an old school, converted into a unique & quirky Hotel. There is a car park to the side in which we parked whist off loading our cases but as its small & courteous temporary parking for such a large vehicle as ours, we didn't hang around to inspect it we were just grateful for the use of it. The car park is very convenient & easy to use. Don't be put off its not all on site. It doesn't need to be & once you know this you can prepare your mindset accordingly.
Now for our rooms, the lovely broad smile & gasp of delight from Birthday Girl said it all. The room was lovely, I was so pleased we opted for the signature room. The beautiful bay window was a gorgeous asset & feature (if it were mine in our home, I'd have old fashioned window cushions placed all around it to make it even more comfy & homely) as the view of the Pier was great. The airy feel & the lovely clean crisp feeling lovely simply defined decor suited the room perfectly. It just works, what more can I say. You could dress it up as ostentatious as you like but it would simply detract from the simple truth of the room & its view. I really like its style, Tastefully stylish but definitely not in your face which maybe is what makes it soo cosy & comfortable. Maybe we were lucky, our bathrooms were spacious & so very clean. There's constant hot water & the shower was fab. The towels are FABULOUS!!!! I wrapped myself up & didn't want to take it off it was soooo comfortable & cosy ha ha . Typically English but my only complaint - of any Hotel in England - is the absence of a bidet. A heated towel rail always makes me smile too.
My love affair with anything wooded received its fix too :) the wooden furniture, tables & dressers, chests of drawers & wardrobes are lovely & just created such a nice ambiance. The delicious coffee served my caffeine fix too :) Douwe Egberts yum one of my fav coffees. I didnt use the amazing looking machine, just sampled the instant but all our rooms had the coffee machine in which was a totally unexpected indulgence. Sadly I didnt have time to figure it out ha ha. Although saying that the chamber maids were wonderful, so friendly & helpful, insisting to come & show me how to use it but alas we were leaving & needed to check out so no spare time to indulge. ( NEXT TIME :)
Our Birthday meal was thoroughly enjoyed in the Crab. the food was such good quality & sooo tasty. The attentive, lovely & polite staff made our meal that little bit extra special. What a lovely great group of waiters & waitresses. I don't think I've ever stayed in any Hotel where all of the staff are so happy!!! Which speaks volumes of what kind of place the Hotel must be at its very core. We booked for breakfasts too which were absolutely delicious. Not wanting to have the same we all had different breakfasts then little tastes of each others ha ha. I much prefer fish & scrambled egg for breakie, where as hubby loves the full English. Birthday girl had cereal, yogurt, continental & toast which was lovely & thoroughly enjoyed. We shared the full English & I have to say - not always keen on sausage - that the sausages were gorgeous! The texture & taste were surpassing anything I've tried, probably farm reared Pork or something special as they were not your typical sausage. YUM. The bacon was thick & not like the horribly thin cardboard Ive had in other Hotels. My poached eggs were perfect as was the smoked haddock. Our friend had the salmon which again we tried :) it was lovely. The scrambled egg looked nicely cooked too & plenty of it. We were really impressed. The staff again were very attentive, filling our coffee cups whenever we needed them refilled. The fresh fruit salad was delicious & there was plenty of juices to choose from too.
Hmmmmmm I could continue to rave about this little gem of a find , but I think I've said enough.
Well maybe all .. but Thank you again .. thats thanks to the guys who had the vision to convert this old school house into a lovely cosy retreat of a Hotel; right through to the receptionists, manager, cleaners, chef, waiters & waitresses. I can honestly say you all make the place outstanding & excel as a wonderfully quaint & delightful individual private Hotel.
We will be back, next excuse we can muster :) Grrrr plus I need to bring my camera as unbelievably I forgot it!!! So all I have is a picture of the view taken on my phone but that's about it :( Which is such a shame as the Winter Markets, the Gardens , the birthday meal . . . so many things deserved capturing . C'est la Vie :)

Great time had by all. Excellent .

Room Tip: State your preferences when you ring & I'm sure the staff will accommodate your needs, they...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tigi_9
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We took our two boys for a weekend stay in Bournemouth at the Park Central hotel. The package was £230 and included 3 course meal, breakfast, tickets to the Oceanarium and treats for the kids. It was an excellent hotel, really fantastic room (the room was their signature room with sea views). the staff were so incredibly friendly and helpful, the food in the restaurant was amazing. The hotel was clean, beautiful and a two minute walk from the beach, pier, oceanarium and the central park. 10 out of 10, absolutely perfect. Even the pianist in the restaurant was brilliant. Ew
Everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and enjoyable. We will definitely stay there again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Top floor, sea view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben H
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Superb location for most things Bournemouth.
Room was spacious clean and well presented.
Problem with shower on Saturday morning, no hot water. This was dealt with very well by a member of staff, who simply had us moved to another room. 10 minutes of madness moving , but the sea view room more than made up for it.
Breakfast, full English! Very good, but service seems disjointed and slow at times. Lots of staff, but strong leader required as most just seem to walk about not doing much.
Had to ask for pot of tea twice, but were offered toast by three different members of staff!
Overall it's a great place to stay!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Not the most luxurious but an ideal location for the beach, shops and theatres with sea views. Staff friendly and welcoming. No problems parking in the spaces in the car park opposite but you do have to pay on top. Maybe a little over priced tho !.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here in mid September on a driving holiday of Britain. Upon arrival the reception was friendly and quite welcoming. Parking was 7.50 pounds and was across and up the road a bit at an undercover public car park (which was a bit of a hassle after a long day's drive).

We were given a room that was reasonably large but with a disable friendly bathroom. This we found very disappointing as we had booked months in advance and had not been offered the choice of having a normal room. (Our photos give some indication of what it was like).There was absolutely nowhere to put toiletries and everything got wet with the shower! There was no air conditioning and with the weather being warm, we had the windows open at night which meant the noise from the street directly beside the room was very noticeable (voices etc from those walking from town). Power points were positioned behind heavy pieces of furniture - which was ironic given it was set up for disabled guests. It was however just a short walk to the restaurant from the room on the same level.

A restaurant was on site and we found the menu fairly limiting so we decided to try town. Its about a 10 minute walk to the bottom of town (tgrough a large park which can be a little disconcerting at night as the lighting is not great). We found a very nice Italian restaurant in this area and enjoyed a very pleasant meal.

Breakfast was included in our tariff and this is served in the dining room. It was plentiful and quite pleasant.

Perhaps we should have complained about our room but after a very full and tiring day we were not up to the challenge and the potential of moving again after we had settled- we decided to accept the bathroom- the noise we found after we had retired. As experienced travellers, our expectation of booking so far in advance is having any issues dealt with BEFORE we arrive and being given the opportunity of deciding whether we would like something other than what we thought we were booking.

Based on this experience, I would have reservations with a recommendation - perhaps other rooms may be better.

Room Tip: Ensure that if you do not require a disabled room that you are not given one. Also our room at grou...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple