“Rare night away with the wife!”
Review of Park Central Hotel

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Rare night away with the wife!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our very pleasant experience started 2 weeks before the stay when a member of the staff contacted me to see if we would need a parking space, we did and booked one. They have a drop off area so we could unload an then park in the bic carpark.

We were greet by some lovely staff that remembered our names for the remainder of the stay. I think her name was Rebecca

Rooms nice, shower a bit small but very comfortable and location was great. Breakfast was also lovely and we were well looked after.

My only small complaint was when i phoned down to have some tooth paste sent up as we forgot to pack and i was told it was something they don't have but if i gave them cash they would go out and get some. I would kind of expected a 4* hotel would be able to get this no problem. in the past other hotels have supplied nail files toothpaste etc etc

Anyway great place and great value and would come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was good.

Great location, perfect in fact! only about a 5 mins walk to the central peer/beach etc. Equally just a very short walk to the town centre shops, bars etc.

The hotel is very very new and clean.

The room we stayed in was lovely, had a sea facing room, pretty large room too, with a nice bathroom.

The service was exceptional. Both of the main receptionists were lovely, really really friendly and polite, and very helpful. It was enjoyable speaking with them both, and they couldnt do enough for us.

The restaurant is fantastic too, lovely room, once again with a sea facing window, and the breakfact itself was quality.

Next time we come to Bournemouth, we will stay here.... i wouldnt stay anywhere else.

Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Going to a concert at the BIC this hotel is in a prime position...On checking into the Park Central found the reception staff really friendly and very helpful. the twin room was spotlessly clean and a nice size. The beds were very comfortable you could not have wished for more. Enjoyed a really nice breakfast both mornings this was cooked to order in a lovely breakfast room where the staff were really friendly. This hotel is close to the shops and a very short walk to the sea front.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Having only been to Bournemouth for stag parties (many years ago!) I was looking forward to an overnight stay there with work. After a long drive and day visiting clients, I checked into the Park Central and was immediately greeted by the friendly reception staff who were very helpful. After parking the car across the road in the multi-storey BIC car park (easy enough), I went to my room which was exceptionally clean and tidy, albeit slightly smaller than I'd hoped, but with everything I could possibly need for an overnight stay. The bed was a little soft my my taste but I had a very comfortable, undisturbed sleep despite the proximity to the main road outside. Although my room only had a view of the BIC, it was evident that other rooms had views of the sea/pier although I wasn't bothered about that. The bathroom was clean and towels soft. I liked the fact there was plenty of hot water and a hot towel rail. The only critism with the bathroom was that there was not window and energy saving lightbulbs they used could do with lighting up a bit quicker! That aside, no problems at all and was a very pleasant overnight stay. Incidentally, if you fancy a nice Chinese restaurant, the Ocean Palace a short walk away is fantastic. The breakfast in the morning was a delight - good quality and cooked to order, plus it was a nice breakfast area to eat. The (numerous) staff were all very friendly and quick to help. The tea was the best tea I've had for a long time! I'd recommend this hotel for it's closeness to the BIC if you're thinking of taking in a show or concert, plus it's so close to the beach/pier, it would be a good base for exploring this great seaside town. Cant really fault the hotel or the staff, although would have been nice to have free parking (although £7.50 was not extortionate). would definitely stay here again whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I'd pick a room on the 3rd floor or higher if you dont want passers by to peer in (plus it's...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Topsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I received a lovely welcome on arrival at this hotel. The website had not mentioned that I would have to park my car in the multistory opposite, which would be fine as a holiday maker but travelling on business I have my case, my suit for tomorrow and my laptop, and once I get to the hotel I don't want to have to go back out to move the car. In addition it cost £7.50 to park the car overnight!

My room was spotlessly clean, just a pity it was opposite the reception desk as I could hear every conversation that took place! The shower room was clean with lovely towels but the sink was tiny, with an ever smaller glass shelf above it which was too small to place any items.

And then there is the restaurant.............so many staff and no one has ownership of your table so to speak. I got fed up being asked if I was ok, had I ordered etc etc. I mean it is nice to be asked if everything is fine but not every five seconds by a different person each time. The main course potato dish was so salty I couldn't eat it and when I ordered desert I discovered it came with free plastic within it. Not a pleasant experience!

Breakfast the next morning was a similiar experience. When I arrived, they sat me at a table that had just been vacated and still had the previous persons crumbs on it, rather than a clean table of which there were plenty available. I was asked twice if I wanted tea and toast. I ordered tea and brown toast which I eventually got after my cooked breakfast arrived and only when the manager stepped in to get it for me, and needless to say it was white toast. The table was grubby and the breakfast menu was greasy.

Will not be staying again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Marianne S, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Carolyn C,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am however sorry to hear that your experience at the hotel was not satisfactory. We always work to achieve the best possible experience for our guests whether the purpose of the visit is leisure or corporate. It is clear to me from your feedback that we have not reached our goal during your stay.

It would therefore be of interest to me to be able to speak with you directly, and would appreciate if you would kindly contact me.

Regards
marianne.slettedal@parkcentralhotel.co.uk
Nottingham
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great location. Very professional, friendly staff. Spotlessly clean rooms. Lovely breakfast area.. I wish we had eaten in the restaurant. Car parking is at the multi storey opposite - with located bays on level 3. Very easy to park, very straight forward. No hassle.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a seaview room.. beautiful.
Dear MariaNottingham,

First and foremost, thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Bournemouth.
Also, thank you for taking time to write a review of your visit, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. The team has seen your review and we are grateful for your comments, and very pleased to be referred to as a Gem.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Bournemouth in the near future.

Kind Regards

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My daughter had a special birthday coming up and I thought it would be nice to give her a weekend break away as she hadn't had a holiday for some time now. As my husband and I had stayed at the Park Central last year, and had been well looked after, I thought this would be an ideal venue. On arrival we received a friendly and efficient welcome and were informed that our rooms had been upgraded to signature ones. To say we were impressed is an understatement. Both rooms had views of the sea and Bournemouth Pier and it was good to relax in the bay windows at the end of a busy day with a bottle of wine and nibbles. Our thanks go to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble. We will be back !!

Dear Sandra I,

It was a pleasure for us to welcome you back to the hotel, and thank you for choosing the Park Central Hotel for your daughter's special birthday.

The team is indeed professional and passionate, and we appreciate your review very much. I am delighted to hear that you all had a lovely and relaxing stay in Bournemouth.

Again, thank you for allowing us to be part of your daughter's birthday treat, and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards