“Still excellent!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Cambridge, UK
“Still excellent!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I come for a long weekend to Bournemouth every year with my dear half, and eventually our search of eateries degenerated into having two meals a day at Ocean City. This time it was ridiculous - seven meals in four days. I suppose it's obvious we like it there :-) We have not repeated ourselves in those meals either - not in dim-sum lunches nor in dinner meals. If this your first visit, ask for advice and for the Chinese menu. It is slightly different from the English version and has more interesting options. Also of course remember that you can always talk to the waiters about how spicy you would like your food - they are happy yo place your orders the way you like. The range of options is simply mind boggling, and there was not a single dish that we were not happy with. Some stuff like shredded jellyfish you try just for the heck of it (since you are not getting it anywhere else), but mostly it's about amazingly rich combination of flavours and textures. Oh, and the service is still pretty good: responsive, attentive, etc. The place can get busy at times, and then you might wait for few minutes to get your teapot refilled with hot water. Not a problem. We'll be there again next year for sure

• Polish first
“Superb meal, enjoyed everything”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Family of four , everyone enjoyed food and even fussy children are everything. So nice to eat Chinese food that's as good as I've eaten in china. Friendly and helpful staff.

Overall a really enjoyable experience. Food so much better than the typical Chinese. Will be back as soon as we can

Bournemouth
“As good as anywhere in Soho.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

How pleasant to find in Bournemouth a Chinese restaurant that can match anywhere in London's Chinatown. However like all Chinese restaurants, even those in Hong Kong, you should give the desserts a miss as I am frequently reminded by my Chinese wife,"we don't do puddings". I have a sweet tooth and should have learnt my lesson by now. Service was cool but efficient and the overall ambiance was comfortable. The fact that the majority of customers were Chinese is in itself a recommendation and an assurance that the standards of cooking are well above your everyday Chinese restaurant.

England
“Recent Dinner on Saturday 11 May”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was the first time I had visited since the restaurant changed hands. Having seen some of the reviews on here I was a bit worried. I went with my husband and 91 yearold father in law. The staff were very kind and helpful and we had one particularly chatty waitress. We mainly ordered off the chinese menu (translations provided) and had such dishes as beef with bitter melon, razor clams in chili and garlic (delicious) and a special of the day, suckling pig with jellyfish. All dishes were very good. The wine, Gewerztramier, was very reasonably priced. The majority of the clientele were Chinese. Unfortunately there was an English group nearby of rather loud opinionated people who were discussing politics. Luckily the tables were spaced out enough that it wasn't too bad. I would recommend this restaurant and am looking forward to our next visit.

2 Thank St-Lucia_Enthusiast
London, United Kingdom
“Always receive fab food and service!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've been here on several occasions with my family and we always have delicious mains, dim sum etc and excellent service. The staff are attentive and friendly and the decor is nice.

1 Thank TheLittleWelsh