“Excellent”

Koh Thai Tapas Boscombe
Ranked #51 of 744 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At award-winning Koh Thai, you'll discover the very best in Thai cuisine - Tapas style! Our highly talented chefs are proud to offer you a large variety of dishes. Whether an authentic Thai green curry be to your liking, or Thai fishcakes be your choice...perhaps a spicy duck salad or even our fusion of steamed mussels with sweet basil and chilli. There's undoubtably something on our menu to suit everyone's tastes. If you're already a Thai food lover, you'll find that Koh will quickly become your second home.
Bournemouth
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We love Koh Thai. We like to eat there as our first choice of restaurant in Bournemouth. The take out is great and although the new restaurant in Bournemouth has a different atmosphere to the Boscombe restaurant the food is just as good. I cant tell you how pleased I was to go to the airshow and find Koh Thai serving food there as well! Great place if your going as a couple or with friends. If dining with friends there is a great option to choose how much you would like to pay and the chef chooses your dishes for you.

• Visited February 2014

“Disgrace”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Went there on a Saturday night it was busy we had a reservation but was still left waiting for our table for 30 mins as we sat we had to wait another 30 mins for the waitress to come and take our drink order which arrived very late too the food was not spicy as we wanted it to be not authentic at all so won't be going there again very disappointing

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Mahuiquing
London, United Kingdom
“Superb Tapas with a Thai Twist”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Back again to this tasty little Thai restaurant. I love the tapas, great prices with decent size portions. Friendly attentive staff. In all a super experience. I will be back.

The quote on the menu sums it up well...

"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but mouth-brothels. There is no point in going to them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled." ~Frederic Raphael

Eastleigh
“Lived up to my expectations!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

After hearing so much about this restaurant I was keen to try it and as I only live about a mile down the road my visit was perhaps a bit over due! My boyfriend and I invited our friends from Romsey to come and join us. The staff were friendly and the service was very prompt even with what looked like a fully booked restaurant. We decided to go for the Thai Tapas which was delicious and plentiful! In fact I think there may have been too much food but better too much than not enough! We had a fantastic experience and I will be sure to recommend this restaurant to my friends! Looking forward to my next visit.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cocktail rip off”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We visited the restaurant on a Tuesday evening and decided to start the evening off with cocktails at the bar, we also opted for a 50ml extra liqueur shot. Unfortunately we were met with a whiskey tumbler full to the brim with ice and 4 sips of our drink later it was finished! An absolute rip off - that cost us £18 for the two!!!! Avoid cocktails at this place but the food was very nice, however the overall service was average at best.

• Visited January 2014